NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

N-Europe Video Game Club

You know, I think I'll have to start Link's Awakening this weekend, otherwise, I won't be able to finish it before the end of September.

Sorry for the headstart.

I'm out for Link's Awakening.

I'll be very busy the next three weeks and during two of them I will probably not be able to play video games at all. 

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

I'm out for Link's Awakening.

I'll be very busy the next three weeks and during two of them I will probably not be able to play video games at all. 

So should someone make the thread? I can do it if you want.

Splendid! When do we start?

I've always been fond of Link's Awakening soundtrack. So many memories. 

Edited by Gourmetsalt
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

So should someone make the thread? I can do it if you want.

If @Ike doesn't want to start one, you can do it :) 

So, as I understand it, Drahkon is still busy, so it's up to us to keep this initiative going. I have a few ideas for a poll, but it's not my call to make just yet.

@Ike, since you "hosted" September, it's your turn to pick October's host.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jonnas said:

So, as I understand it, Drahkon is still busy, so it's up to us to keep this initiative going. I have a few ideas for a poll, but it's not my call to make just yet.

@Ike, since you "hosted" September, it's your turn to pick October's host.

If you've got the next lineup in mind then go for it, if you're up for it.

• Like 1

Thank you, Ike!

Ok, so I'd like to do something different this time. Since it's October (and Hallow's Eve is coming), instead of giving you three games from a single console, I'll make it a choice between three Horror-themed games. And since I'm shaking up the norm and all, I tried to choose games that are available throughout several systems:

Spoiler

220px-Limbo_Box_Art.jpg

Availability: Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC, PS3, Vita, Android, iOS

An Indie game with a very sombre aesthetic and an eerie atmosphere, this is one I wouldn't mind revisiting. I take it many of us have played this one before, but for those who haven't yet, it's cheap and accessible.

Spoiler

220px-Severed_video_game_logo.png

Availability: Switch, 3DS, Vita, Android, iOS

I haven't played this one before, even though I bought it a while ago. It's supposed to be a trippy, creepy game that takes full advantage of the touch screen. It's also available on the 3DS for 150 Gold Coins, if that's an option.

Spoiler

Castlevania

castlevaniacover_5996.jpg

Availability: NES (+Classic), GBA, 3DS, Wii U, PC, Wii Virtual Console

The NES classic hardly needs an introduction. It's the most "pulpy" game on this list, but it's not one to pull its punches.

Cast your vote, ye who dare to participate!

Voting for Castlevania, interested in playing some of the older games because of Smash Bros. 

My vote goes to Castlevania as well, definitely a game everyone should play at least once. :peace:

There may be a chance Castlevania will end up on the NES Netflix eventually.. May want to hold off until then.

I was looking to close the vote this week, but it looks like not many people are voting. Regardless, I'll set the deadline to the Friday the 12th (so close...).

On 06/10/2018 at 12:39 AM, Sméagol said:

There may be a chance Castlevania will end up on the NES Netflix eventually.. May want to hold off until then.

Honestly, if we go down that road, then we'll be holding back a lot of potential choices. I don't think we should be avoiding choices that might get announced and released eventually.

• Like 1

It wasn't on that list of upcoming releases so doesn't look like it's coming in the next few months at least unless something changes. 

51 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

Honestly, if we go down that road, then we'll be holding back a lot of potential choices. I don't think we should be avoiding choices that might get announced and released eventually.

While true, I think there's a good chance to see this one particularly, though as @Ike points out, not in the coming three months at least.

Thanks for going on with this :) 

I'll probably be able to play video games again soon :D  That's why I'll vote:

Castlevania

Never played it so it's an easy choice.

Great theme and a good selection of games!

Limbo is a great one and I highly recommend anyone to play it. It is one of the few games on Steam where I have all achievements, so that already says how I think about the game.

But Castlevania I've never played and is a series I should really look into more. The only games I've played in the series are the DS ones. And with Smash coming up, and season 2 of the series launching on Netflix this month, my vote goes to Castlevania as well!

• Thanks 1

And thus we have the first unanimous decision in the N-E VG Club: Castlevania is our game for October.

I'll go make the thread.

• Like 1

I thought I was the one choosing the next host. Coincidentally, I was going to pick @Glen-i, for he started the Link's Awakening thread, but hasn't had the chance to hold a poll yet.

EDIT: Guys, are we all in sync? Anyway, yeah,I nominate Glen-i for next host.

Edited by Jonnas
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well then, I'll get my 3 games up later on today once I get on a device with good formatting.

Sign in to follow this