Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Russian Inventor Patents Invisibility Cloak

Stocka

I've seen something like this before, made by the Japs, i'm pretty sure someone posted a thread about it on c-e.

Still, crazy stuff, I would love to have one (as most would im sure :P).

Yeah I think I can remember that, but there was some slight problem. Wasn't there a greenish tint or something? My memory sucks.

They look well sweat, as people said they would be so expensive that only militry (and rich ones at that) would be intrested in them, it's the sort of thing the us wold waste billions tinkering with. I can't see the avergae joe getting hold of one. Also people commit crimes whatever, it would be just anouther way, but to comabt it, police would just use thermal vesion googles, so in thruth the best use would be rich armies fighting poor armies.

They'd be so expensive to buy and produce that hardly anyone would have one anyway. But this is a huge leap forward in optical thingy-ma-bobs. Will we have flying cars and rocket boots next?

Actually, I remember a while ago now, there was a machine made that could transport light beams. At the time it was said that it'd probably take 10 or 15 years but eventually they'd be able to transport matter. Maybe that'll be the next big invention!

With both of those inventions the possibilities would be endless hehehe :p

That darned Harry Potter ey?

Imagine a flat screen with no borders showing a image of whats behind it. Then put something behind the screen, and voila. Invisibility!

Imagine a small ball on a pin, dotted with tiny lightsensors and lights. Each light will recreate the light coming in from the opposite side. Decorate a object with these balls and you could have a form of invisibility. The smaller you can make these balls, the more invisible the object will be.

Also people commit crimes whatever, it would be just anouther way, but to comabt it, police would just use thermal vesion googles, so in thruth the best use would be rich armies fighting poor armies.

It's not really police having the ability to catch the thiefs that's the problem..... Imagine this situation..... A crazy guy gets hold of a invis cloak...... Goes off killing people for fun.... The people who are killed don't see it coming, the people around can't see the guy doing it...... That's bad enough right? Well now you have no witnessess.... That makes it harder to find out who the hell did it in the first place.... Not really much to go on now. :-/ Now considering it's A LOT harder to catch someone now, people won't be as scared of commiting the crime in the first place..... More people go out killing people.... It would get a lot worse... Also people would now be able to sneak in your house behind you.... What kind of messed up stuff could they do in that position? You would no longer feel safe at home or outside.... Chaos would follow........ So yeah, these getting wide spread scared me.