N-Europe

Super Monkey Ball Adventure!!

Retro_Link

http://www.jeux-france.com (translation)

Sega reveals officially the first images of Super Monkey Ball Adventure planned for this summer in Europe on PSP, PlayStation 2 and GameCube. This new episode of the series will be this time a play of platform with a new history comprising around fifty of puzzles and other mini-plays not to divert the fans of the series. Version PSP should profit from an additional No-claims bonus compared to the other versions, it will act of an exclusive card deck. The players who will have Super Monkey Ball Adventure on PSP and PlayStation 2 will be able to synchronize their two versions but the advantages of this functionality remain still rather vague. Aiai, Meemee, Gongon, and Babies will be back thus in a new adventure which will consist in unifying the five Monkey kingdoms, for that our heroes, which all will be of the playable characters, will have several types of Balls.

4751620060126_183423_1_big.jpg

4751620060126_183423_3_big.jpg

4751620060126_183423_0_big.jpg

4751620060126_183423_2_big.jpg

4751620060126_183423_4_big.jpg

Great graphics and different types of gameplay!

Looks like it might be a pretty good game to me!

They just had to ruin it, didn't they?
I think it will be fine as a spin-off and it's looking pretty good IMO, it could have been much worse!

I'm sure Amusement Vision will carry on making the traditional Super Monkey Balls, especially for Nintendo because of it's popularity with Nintendo fans!

There's still Super Monkey Ball DS for anyone who wants a new 'traditional' style game, and there's bound to be a Super Monkey Ball 3 on the Rev, where the controller can be used to tilt the floor!

youve never played monkey ball?! shocking! anyway i love the island pic, it looks like itll be great to venture around like that. im not sure tho becuase 1. its embarassing going into the shop and asking for it, i dont like ordering online. 2. ive already got two of the games. 3. there are other games that have more priority. ala metroid hunters

I can't wait for this it looks brilliant! I hope it turns out good, even if it doesnt theres still monkey ball ds just around the corner although im pretty sure the new story mode will be great, it would be good if the traditional stages could be unlocked in this game, or have one traditional level at the end of each world... a bit like the bonus levels from sonic heroes.

• 2 weeks later...

What they thought Sonic was Monkey Ball?????

Seriously though this game does look sweet and if done correctly it could expand the franchise further. Quick question here but which Version do you think was better Monkey Ball 1 or 2?

For me it was the original I cant put my finger on why maybe because it was so refreshing at the time.

• 4 weeks later...

New pictures and info;

http://www.jeux-france.com (translation)

The monkeys of Super Monkey Ball will be back soon in a new adventure known under the name of Super Monkey Ball Adventure. Developed in the hope to bring new a boost to the series, the title will propose to us, with the difference of the old episodes, a play of platform decorated of a series of mini-plays always so removed from rim. Three mini-plays drawn from the preceding versions will be back (Race, Boxe and Target) thus offering a total of six plays with the arrival of Tag, Bounce and Cannon, all developed for the occasion by the studio Traveller' S Tales. Super Monkey Ball Adventure is awaited on GameCube, PlayStation 2 and PSP for spring 2006.

I don't really understand what this game's going to be!

I guess you go around an adventure world, but then enter levels that play out like those in Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2; so the game is going to more like the original games than first thought, except you enter them via the adventure?

Anyways; Monkey Race, Fight and Targets are back, along with the new Monkey Tag, Bounce and Cannon (there's a cannon in the first picture, which I guess you fire yourself out of to reach other areas of the level)!

4751520060307_054011_5_big.jpg

4751520060307_054012_6_big.jpg

4751520060307_054011_1_big.jpg

4751520060307_054011_2_big.jpg

4751520060307_054011_3_big.jpg

4751520060307_054011_4_big.jpg

4751520060307_054010_0_big.jpg

• 1 month later...

Okay, I'm a Monkey Ball virgin.. I decided against the DS version because the control scheme.

If i bought Monkey Ball 1 or 2 which would you recommend? I get the impression that the 2nd did so much more.

and on top of that is this one worth getting too? It looks rad.. I don't really wanna spend too much so should I just get this one?

Cheers.

Okay, I'm a Monkey Ball virgin.. I decided against the DS version because the control scheme.

If i bought Monkey Ball 1 or 2 which would you recommend? I get the impression that the 2nd did so much more.

and on top of that is this one worth getting too? It looks rad.. I don't really wanna spend too much so should I just get this one?

Cheers.

Get both.

1 has better single player.

2 has better multiplayer.