NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Cyberpunk 2077 (10th December 2020)

Is this game fixed yet? I'll wait untill the Febuary update before I even think about playing this again.

Is this game fixed yet? I'll wait untill the Febuary update before I even think about playing this again.
Surely you are already thinking about playing it or you wouldn't have posted in this thread?
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, bob said:
23 hours ago, martinist said:

Surely you are already thinking about playing it or you wouldn't have posted in this thread?

I have horrible self-control

EPICALLY pwned!!

what-year-is-it.jpg

Anyways, hope those criminals will get caught.

Edited by drahkon

I mean Cyberpunk is well under cooked and needs some work, it certainly doesn't live up to the claims put out by CDproject red (as is evidenced by the cut content/last minute cop system)....but people think they deserve their products source code being stolen and leaked? I suppose they think if you run a red light you should be shot too?

16 minutes ago, Agent Gibbs said:

I suppose they think if you run a red light you should be shot too?

As a German I can say: Yes, that's how it's supposed to be :p

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 1

When you rush a potentially great game, would be more appropriate. 

But yeah that list of fixes is ridiculous. I'll still wait for patch 1.8 or 9 before diving in though.

Oh yeah I don't agree with the caption, but the image is quite striking when presented like that.

I haven't touched this game since January, mostly because i'm waiting to get my hands on a PS5 which isn't happening anytime soon.

By the looks of things they atleast are trying to fix it, i'll try playing it later in the year.

5 hours ago, drahkon said:

I hope I will. The patch is out now and when it's done downloading I will start playing it again. Only played about 4 hours on launch day on PS4 Slim, now I finally got a PS5. I don't expect it to be any where near fixed, but hopefully it's at least playable this time.

Edited by Tales

Jumped in on this last week (patch + 20 quid on GoG seemed like a good time).

This game is fucking lit!!! Feel like the general internet-deciding-it's-a mess has kind of displaced any chat of it being a bit of a corker - I'm on the bit in the hotel - just wandering around the bar area, listening in on conversations, admiring the incredible detail to costumes, character design, architecture, it's just.. on another level really. Obviously most of that's to do with what an insane budget it's clearly had but I can't remember the last game I played that has this much imagination and visual madness. I was apprehensive of the first person viewpoint but the immersion has been brilliant in places

Still early doors but `iI haven't noticed a single issue or bug yet, probably 7 or 8 hours in, playing on PC with a 2060 super. Haven't really got my head around the combat yet which feels like it might be a bit of a weak spot - though I suspect I'm just a bit crap at it

I really hope people wind up giving this a chance because you can feel the blood, sweat, and passion of the CJPR staffers across the game :bowdown:

• Like 4

Played another 20 or so hours of this

Just popping in to say that this game is still cracking. Great moments, excellent characters, exceptional world design and interiors

I guess some of the GTA style stuff is a bit garbage, but I've not really felt the need to play it as if it's that kind of game so I'm not too bothered really.

It most reminds me of the old Mass Effect games - given the reverence that triogy has had with the rerelease, I really hope this eventually winds up getting recognition - the developers deserve a tonne of praise but it's obviously been totally drowned out!

• Like 2

After clocking in 149.4 hours of play time on Steam (about 30 of those are probably afk though) it is done. Finished all the endings today. Oh man, oh man... this... this game....
THIS GAME ROCKS!!!

I've been staying away from every thread, discussion and potential spoiler filled article about this game until now, and I've been surprised again and again by this game. Of course I've seen the articles about the negative press, but as I'm playing on a PC with a RTX 3070 card in it, I've had close to zero issues. And the game itself? Fuck me dizzy, it's a joy to play. The story is interesting, and I love that you're playing a ballad between a punk and a rock star. The game takes a lot of fun turns now and then giving you the..

Spoiler

possibility to take a rollercoaster ride with Keanu Reeves, chat with fun AI personalities (who can forget puppy loving pacifists?), play concerts with old rock stars, and do a good old crucifixion :D I also love the action packed flashbacks of Johnny Silverhand, those were a joy to play. God damn, that reloading and one-shot revolver was great fun!

And the story... Man, I've had a lot of moments where the hair on my back rose pretty quick and stayed there. The heist was one of them, jesus christ that was fun.

Now, one of the best parts of the game? It's gotta come down to the graphics and the characters. The characters are so well made. Just the detail of the skin, and how they get the wrinkling of the forehead so god damn realistic is beyond me. Facial expressions and the lightning in this game is so delicious to look at. I was amazed by just random NPCs in the streets, and if you start a side quest? Oh man, even if that character has nothing to do with the story, and you're just gonna see him/her these 2 minutes of dialogue? Prepare to be blown away.

Also, the voice acting was top notch. So many good actors. And my darling, female V was awesome. Especially with her purple 'fro.

Now for the ending...

Spoiler

it actually tore me up a bit. I've become so attached to my V that, after all that time, I didn't enjoy the bad ending I got with her. I went with the Rogue ending, and just seing mama Rogue die before Johnny's eyes, and realizing that no matter what you've done, you still can't end the game on a happy note. You either give up your body to Johnny, or go back, lose Judy, and have six months alone before flatlining. But I enjoyed the fact that she wanted to go out a legend, doing a heist in space against the Crystal Palace. She's a mad woman, that V.  

I ended up following the advice @RedShell posted earlier in december and did all the endings. So many different routes, so many different characters. Really well done for a game with multiple endings. Sure, it'd be nice to have more impact on the ending by doing side missions during the game, but this is like every other game which promises the same thing. "Do this and it will affect the ending!" ".....by altering a small cutscene." I don't really bother. I got a heap of fun from this, and in the end, that is all that matters. 

Now I'm going to play the waiting game and wait for the DLCs and New Game + to drop. I want to carry my stuff over to my new playthrough, and I really won't feel good about starting a new game with a different V. So, time to wait for the updates :D

• Like 6

Thanks for your impressions! I'm still really looking forward to playing this, but will wait until I get a PS5 before I give it a go. Pretty sure my PS4 will curl into a ball and explode if I play it right now.

• Like 1

Next-gen update aiming for a Q1 2022 release:

Please don't release in February, please don't release in February, please don't release in February...

Putting the bugs to one side, the actual content in the game seemed a little disappointing so to hear that there's a big update and expansion coming is good news for people like myself who decided to wait.

I've pretty much abandoned the PS4 version. Might pick up the PS5 version when it comes out and see if it's a good improvement.

Bumping this

There's a stream at 3pm UK time today from CDProjekt regarding Cyberpunk 2077.  Apparently, the PS5/XBSX/S versions may release today (rumoured)

• Like 1

Does anyone think a 3rd person mode might get added to this game down the line? Sort of like what happened with GTA5 but in reverse?

Trying to decide whether to just play this game and suffer through first-person or wait and hope...

Sign in to follow this