NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Cyberpunk 2077 (10th December 2020)

50 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

Bumping this

There's a stream at 3pm UK time today from CDProjekt regarding Cyberpunk 2077.  Apparently, the PS5/XBSX/S versions may release today (rumoured)

Looks all but confirmed at this point:

CDPR, guys, this quarter's already stacked :blank:

Somehow, Cyberpunk returned :p

Series X gameplay:

Take a look at the Patch 1.5/Next-Gen Update gameplay captured on Series X. With the update, #Cyberpunk2077 takes advantage of the additional power of the newest generation of console hardware, allowing for ray tracing features and 4K with dynamic scaling, faster loading times, and a variety of other visual and technical improvements. 

PS5 gameplay:

[All of the above] ... as well as utilizes the DualSense controller's adaptive triggers and haptic feedback functionalities.

Edited by Julius

12 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

All the polishing in the world won't save this turd.

Too little, too late.

I thought it was a great game, apart from the bugs. Eliminate the bugs = great game

• Like 1

I thought it was a good game when for what I played of it on the PS4. There was one point during the Delamaine mainframe virus quest that I just went "fuck this" All thos loot was floating in mid air neer the ceiling and i couldn't get at it at all. That was close to when I put the game down.

I'll stick it in the PS5 and get the update downloaded before starting a new game. Looks like they've made a lot of improvements by the looks of things. Still doesn't look like it's out of the woods though.

On 15/02/2022 at 4:26 PM, Ronnie said:

I thought it was a great game, apart from the bugs. Eliminate the bugs = great game

I think it's a bit more complex than that. Beyond the bugs I remember seeing a whole range of opinions on how the game handled quite a bit, it never seemed like a game that was half great and half bugs from what I experienced, and from what I remember seeing and hearing from others at the time of release, the issues went deeper. 

That's not to say there's nothing to enjoy in it, I'm sure there is based on even just the opinions of people in this thread who either played on PC or were fortunate to not have too many issues on a next-gen console at launch, but if anything, I think it *might* be a case of eliminate the bugs = somewhere between good to great story/world, but not exactly a great *game*

I remember the world being very interesting, I enjoyed a quest or two and some of the characters, and the story was starting to pick up by the time I found myself putting it back on the shelf. 

I didn't get particularly far into it (well, I think I got to the second act, so maybe I was further along than I felt when I dropped it? Which I suppose might be more difficult to perceive when it's crashing pretty frequently), but to talk about it from a gameplay perspective, I remember driving around being pretty joyless, hand-to-hand combat had very little depth to it, and while the gunplay was a fine first attempt for CDPR, for what promises to be a first-person RPG and would naturally be 20+ hours of gunfighting at minimum in a single playthrough, it wasn't fun enough. I also remember it doing a terrible (read: sometimes non-existent and oftentimes very poor) job of explaining things at times, and some of it's menus were like diving into a hoarder's den. And this is just what I remember over a year out. 

As @martinist said, I don't think this game is out of the woods just yet, and for anyone like me who has been waiting to give the game it's second shot - while it seems to be running better and is a bit less buggy, I think it's definitely worth waiting for the Digital Foundry update on this if one is coming - I have a hunch that it might be worth waiting a little longer. 

The fact that this is a Version 1.5 rather than a 2.0; that it's getting these next-gen updates pushed out with very little fanfare behind it; and that it was so unceremoniously shadow-dropped the same week a game like Horizon Forbidden West released and just over a week from Elden Ring arriving makes me think that this isn't the update we've been waiting for to go back. If it was, I think it could have easily waited until April or May, when it could have got a lot more press and fanfare than it did, and I don't think anyone waiting would have been complaining. 

Personally, nothing I've seen or heard about this update so far has given me the confidence that I should be going back to Cyberpunk over playing something else right now. So I'll be waiting a bit longer, I think. 

Edited by Julius

I played 100+ hours of the launch version of this game, not a single crash.

Updated to v1.5 the other day, started playing it... crash. :D

Only happened the one time, thankfully, has been solid since. Still pretty amusing though.

Anyway, jumped back into my main save and checked out the new apartments and various other stuff, it's pretty cool (I love the illuminated motorbike wheels :cool:) but nothing really too exciting. I guess the main focus was sorting out the console versions though, so to be expected. It appears that I'm still locked out of completing 2 side jobs in my game as well, which is a shame. :sad:

Playing this again does kind of make me want to start over with a new character though. :grin:

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this