NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shorty

New Software!

Idk why we made any other themes :p Just stick with my default theme and you won't have any issues.

• Like 1

I've just noticed that spoilered posts appear blank on the right hand side of the main forum page. That's a really cool feature. Just noticed that the latest posts for Game of Thrones appear blank there. Little things like that are great.

Love the notifications that appear when somebody quotes you or likes a post. On the whole, think the upgrade has been awesome.

• Like 2

I agree, I really like that our post history on our profiles goes right back to the beginning. It's been really interesting reading some of my early posts, I was such a moron back then. Will probably be saying the same thing about how I write now when I look back in 10 years though.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, killthenet said:

I agree, I really like that our post history on our profiles goes right back to the beginning. It's been really interesting reading some of my early posts, I was such a moron back then. Will probably be saying the same thing about how I write now when I look back in 10 years though.

It's quite interesting to see how we've all evolved since the early days. :D

Just a point to make... I was reading a post and someone mentioned redshell hadn't been around for a while.
So I checked his profile and noticed that his last visit was 22nd June.

When the Forums switched I initially found it IMPOSSIBLE to log in. I tried various  solutions unsuccessfully before I tried requesting a new password... it said I had successfully requested a new password, but I never received an email... I tried creating a new account as a last resort... and it refused to allow me on.
I basically backed off at that point and figured I'd had a good run on these forums.. I'd just lurk. Though lurking wasn't compelling. So I started visiting less. Until one day I noticed a blanked out password and my username filled in... I hopefully clicked login... and it worked.

Just thought it may be worth checking just how many users stopped logging in a month and a half ago (when the switch was made), because it may be that I wasn't alone in having issues logging on... it would be a shame if several members had disappeared completely because they were unable to logon or even create a new account...

I mean it is possible it is known why Redshell doesn't come any more and it is just a coincidence, but still...

Edited by Pestneb

Adrian DX mid may (sporadic user)
arab freak (23rd.. so guessing managed to log on ok?? just mentioning in case it is due to timezone differences (not a clue how it logs the last login))
Beverage (been a while, may have left independently or just super irregular, but could be worth while double checking)

CoolFunkman June 21

CubeChris Late April (May have left, or be a sporadic user, but again, worth checking?)

That's just 745 members out of about  3700... but it suggests 8 or so active members (I was exclusively looking at members who had posted 1000+ posts) may have been inadvertently locked out the forum at the switch...

Having a quick scan:
(Iun also seems not to have logged on since 22nd June...)
Mokong June 20th...

I don't know if you have tools that could get you to look for people who's last login was maybe the month preceding the switch, but if you can it might be worth doing. If not perhaps people can look in the member list themselves if they noticed people missing. I mean Mokong and Redshell were both mentioned ironically in a post.. and both "quit" in the 2 days preceding the switch to the new forum software??

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pestneb said:

I mean Mokong and Redshell were both mentioned ironically in a post.. and both "quit" in the 2 days preceding the switch to the new forum software??

Mokong hasn't been a regular around these parts for a long time and only pops in once in a blue moon.

RedShell left the forums before the changes due to personal reasons and hasn't posted since. I imagine he checked out the new forums and thats it. Saying that, like me, he does like to appear offline. If that is the case then there is no way to know if he's actually still browsing, although mods and admins can still see him. If you look at my profile it says I was last online at the end of July, despite posting numerous times since then. This is because I appear offline. Same goes for drahkon.

Your suggestion about checking up on others still has merit but I suspect both Mokong and RedShell just simply don't visit/post on the forums anymore. 

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 2

I still think sending out a group email to all members, past and present letting them know of the forum update would be a good idea. Simply as an excuse to see if we could get some of them back and have the place a bit busier again.

There was an issue with password reset emails but I believe they were fixed weeks ago. Other than that I don't think people could be locked out permanently. You could sign up again and message me, message through the main site, contact on Facebook, Twitter etc etc.

Mokong stopped posting months, maybe years ago except for when he makes a new YouTube video, and he offered to step down as admin a long time ago, I just never did it.

An email to members is something I'm sure I said already we intend to do, just haven't had a chance yet.

• Like 2

In fairness I got messaged by someone (forget who) saying they hadn't got the password reset email so maybe it's not fixed yet. 

And I've only just remembered to say.

I just noticed something a few seconds ago. It's probably been mentioned already, but I must have missed it. If you hover over a thread title long enough, it displays the opening post of that thread in a mini-view. You even have the option to go to the latest post in that thread. That's brilliant. Cute. Much wow.

On 29/07/2017 at 6:05 PM, Fierce_LiNk said:

It's quite interesting to see how we've all evolved since the early days. :D

I like to pretend those days didn't happen.

I didn't notice. :eek:

To be fair, I haven't been online that much recently but it does look a lot better, thank you! :)

When you post YouTube videos, is there a way to not make them fill out the entire area?

After some trial and error and looking around it seems you can't.

You can with images though if you double click on it afterwards.

giphy.gif

I know you can do that with images. Would be good for YouTube videos, too.

Yeah well I didn't make the thing :p

I'll see if I can see if its on the horizon.

All these new updates and I still can't change font size on mobile...

Just joking.  Love the new update! Super stocked to have Thanks back! :D 

• Thanks 1

We asked for an update and it seems to have happened. @Shorty mentioned customisations would go but he did a backup so will leave him to redo those.

And we always had thanks. It just has a slightly different name 😋

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

All these new updates and I still can't change font size on mobile...

Yes you can...now.

Although its supposed to be two rows but coming up as three on mine.  Anyone else?

• Confused 1

WOOHOO!!!

Now if we could just get back the Shrug smiley...

Yeah.  It's appearing as three rows for me on mobile too (both landscape and portrait)

Edited by Dcubed

Sign in to follow this