N-Europe

Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017

Ronnie

Just seen this on the Treehouse stream. I like Luigi's Primary Technique...

h8J3i1.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1391732

Pikmin 4 is still in development, confirming that Hey! Pikmin! is NOT the "Pikmin 4" that Miyamoto was referring to :D

Great news.

"I've been told not to share anything about this from PR," Miyamoto laughed, "but I can tell you it is progressing."

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tingle outfit is hilarious and also horrifying. :D:shakehead

Too sexy? :blank:

Did we ever find out what the scheduled maintenance was for on the Nintendo Network? I'm so ready for the Virtual Console right now that I'm disappointed we still haven't heard anything!

Too sexy? :blank:

Did we ever find out what the scheduled maintenance was for on the Nintendo Network? I'm so ready for the Virtual Console right now that I'm disappointed we still haven't heard anything!

Too much bulge. It was like watching Labyrinth where David Bowie's package is front and center. It was the most horrifying thing on screen, despite him being surrounded by a goblin army. :D

Probably just for all the trailers being uploaded.

I didn't enjoy the ARMS tournament that much, last night. It just seemed very slow and it lacked the excitement and fast paced nature of the Pokken event. However, I did enjoy seeing the woman who was just spamming the throw move finally get put in her place. The fact that she got defeat by a throw move just made it even sweeter.

I remember Peer from IGN discussing ARMS and E-Sports a couple of weeks ago on NVC. He said that it could struggle as a spectator brawler because of how slow it is compared to other fighters. I'm starting to see what he meant by that.

I kinda regret staying up and watching it because i'm really feeling the effects of lack of sleep this morning. I'll just go sit in the car on my lunch break and catch some Zs. :D

I really hope they show some indie stuff off today. Seems weird that they haven't touched on them at all this E3. I was also hoping for at least 1 shadow drop from Nintendo or an indie. Disappointing so far.

:weep:

I really hope they show some indie stuff off today. Seems weird that they haven't touched on them at all this E3. I was also hoping for at least 1 shadow drop from Nintendo or an indie. Disappointing so far.

:weep:

Precisely this. Was also hoping for something third party to show up, whether it be that rumoured Blizzard game or S-E's Octopath Traveller.

Then again, we did have a Direct not too long after January's Switch presentation which focused on Fire Emblem, so perhaps a Nindies (or some other) Direct is around the corner?

Also not hard to imagine that Nintendo Spotlight is going to be a biannual event moving forwards, with one in December/January and one in May/June at E3?

Really looking forward to the rest of the year on Switch now, money provided games I would be day one'ing are;

Splatoon 2

Mario + Rabbids

FIFA 18

Mario Odyssey

Rocket League

Maybe Xenoblade 2

Not to mention indie games, specififally Yooka Laylee which I've been waiting for on Switch.

I personally feel like that's some really quality titles for the the rest of the year and beyond, and if I don't day one some of them I'll be picking them up when I'm done with the previous one!

I just can't believe how excited for Mario+Rabbids I am, I thought it was going to be awful!

I just can't believe how excited for Mario+Rabbids I am, I thought it was going to be awful!

As did many others. It's been great to see the U-turn all across the internet in regards to this title. Credit goes to Ubisoft for doing a great job of selling the game to the audience.

There is today, isn't there? Kicks off at 18:00 BST :)

Well, clearly I was mistaken about being mistaken. The site I checked said it was only 2 days. Good stuff. I'll have it on in the background again.

Treehouse shows off port of Pokken with new characters.

Proceeds to use nothing but the Pokemon in the original version...

EDIT: Had a good laugh when they asked "Why should People buy the Switch version if they have the WiiU?" and the other guy replied with "Well, two people can play on the same screen"

11.jpg

There's the WiiU version.

11.jpg

Oh, right, that makes all the difference.

Here's what he means

split.jpg

On Wii U, you couldn't do this. One person had to use GamePad screen, the other had to use the TV

So are we expecting any more reveals tonight? I'm still holding out hope of seeing Smash Bros DX or something else for the Switch, we've heard nothing with regards to indie games yet, though most likely we'll see another 3DS reveal or Hey Pikmin gameplay.....

So are we expecting any more reveals tonight? I'm still holding out hope of seeing Smash Bros DX or something else for the Switch, we've heard nothing with regards to indie games yet, though most likely we'll see another 3DS reveal or Hey Pikmin gameplay.....

I'd love another little surprise but I think we're probably done!

I think they're saving Super Smash Bros. DX for Switch for next year at this point (and by all means, they should, as we've already got a steady stream of fighting dedicated games on the platform). I do seriously hope that they've been saving for this final day to reveal, whether it be VC (I mean, Reggie's remarks about Metroid came true, so why not Mother 3?) or something else. Just something to put a nice little bow on this year's E3.

I can't see them saying anything about Smash Bros, they don't want to detract attention from Pokémon DX plus it just doesn't make sense to have two in-house fighting games competing with each other. Smash will be next year.

Like most of us on here I'm desperate for VC news, but the fact that they have delayed the subscription service probably means we're a little way off from VC.

Is Treehouse just watching people play games?

Well, it has been a crazy past few days.

:)

I think we're just about caught up now as I've been trying to collate all of the main E3 info.

content-2-35183-nintendospotlightsidebox.jpg

So here's a summary of the Nintendo Spotlight and all the main, major annoucements from the Nintendo Treehouse. :D

There's a tonne of links in there which go to most of @Josh64's individually written articles, that's where all of the videos are.

Just as well Nintendo didn't annouce anything else last minute, even though I would have loved them to have done so. :heh:

: peace: