NEurope
gaggle64

US Presidential Election 2016 - Nightmare Mode

People are waiting for confirmation on Pennsylvania and Michigan. If those are confirmed, Trump is president elect. NBC has reported that US generals have begun checking the constitution for the possible event of receiving an "immoral order". The US Dollar has tanked and markets are down across the board.

That is not the news I wanted to wake up to...

Who's ready for "Brexit 2: The Americanism"?

Well, that's any plans I had for a holiday to the US out of the window.

We have just watched the next Hitler get voted in as the American President :shakehead

I can't believe it. Still in shock, disgust, repulsion and a million other things.

How has this been allowed to happen? The consequences of this are going to be huge. I thought America had learned after Bush, but clearly...welp.

Fucks sake, Earth.

Hey guys, come on. At least us British are no longer the dopeyist country this year.

Silver lining and all that. Incredibly flimsy silver lining, but still...

You know what, I think I'll play some Disaster: Day of Crisis, the America in that is much more appealing!

Not surprisingly the Canadian immigration webpage has crashed.

I did just read that one of the most popular Google Searches by Americans is "How do I emigrate?"

2016 will go down in history as the year where everything went wrong.

Not surprisingly the Canadian immigration webpage has crashed.

Read that as well. I find it hilarious. In a tragic way, though.

Lessons have to be learned from this. Why did the British vote for Brexit and why did the Americans vote for Trump? The political landscape has altered over the course of this year and its effects will last for decades. Trump didn't just scrape through...he won by quite a distance. Questions need to be answered.

2016 sure is memorable, if for the wrong reasons.

but I think it will be a narrow Clinton win.

That's what I thought yesterday. Stayed up till 3:30am this morning watching this, went to bed hoping and prayed that Clinton would win.

Woke up to this.......

Have I just woken up to a Mirror Mirror world in Star Trek?

Trump's won! :o:o:o

I heard some people said one thing to the pollsters then voted how they really wanted to and also some people who had never voted before wanted to vote for Trump. Clearly as I said before a lot of forgotten and marginalised people left out by the political elite, intelligentsia, socially mobile...let their voices heard.

The problem is can someone like Trump really change things and reach out to people who voted for other candidates. Or is America going to end up like Trump University? I hope not.

Edited by sumo73

Republicans will most likely have majority in both houses too. So in the unlikely event the Republicans still want nothing to do with their own president, Trump can do a lot more than Obama, for better or worse.

There's no doubting this falls on the same axis as Brexit and European nationalist movements - nothing is unrelated in this day and age. It affects all of us and we're all going to have roll up our sleeves and face it. It still seems impossible though. It's just surreal. Literally the worst potential president anyone could find.

Edited by gaggle64

Imagine being Obama and getting ready to hand your presidency to a white supremacist.

The irony that today in Normal (non american) calenders is actually 9/11.....

Is that snow outside my window the first snows of the nuclear winter?

Well fuck me ahaha

Incredibly stuff and not in the good way. Long live God Emperor Trump?

Now watch as May & her merry band of Brexiters rush to kiss Trump's feet in exchange for a half-baked trade deal.

I honestly wouldn't take those close polls at face value. (...) Those tend to give good prognoses on regular elections, but the presence of Donald Trump has made this everything but.

For fuck's sake. I was right in the worst way possible.

I can't process this. There is literally nothing positive about this man.

For fuck's sake. I was right in the worst way possible.

I can't process this. There is literally nothing positive about this man.

Depends how you want to scrape the barrel for a silver lining, atleast we know who the idiots/racists/biggots are now and can plan accordingly for the 2020 election

I'll be interested to see how many votes went to third party candidates.

3% to Johnson 1% to Stein and 0.7% to others. So damn near 5% total according to the numbers google is reporting.

3% to Johnson 1% to Stein and 0.7% to others. So damn near 5% total according to the numbers google is reporting.

More than enough to swing key battleground states like Florida from Trump to Hillary.

The sky was crying this morning as I woke up...

I didn't even need to look at the TV or my phone to know what had just happened :(

Yay trump did it!:yay:

Haha, seriously though guys, I wrote a larger post but realised it matters not. There are lots of reasons to have voted trump that don't = racist, misogynist, bigot.

It comes down to what matters to you most, and remember that both houses are packed full of traditional republican politicians who will curtail any of Trumps more extreme moves, as well as Pence hopefully helping things out behind the scenes.

This isn't Weimar republic II on MANY fronts.

Mike Pence supports conversion therapy for gay children, including electrocution.

Not all that surprised he won. I was telling people recently that there'll be loads of people voting for him that are too embarrassed to say.

I can completely understand why he's won. So many Americans are disillusioned with career politicians like Clinton. Trump is a breath of fresh air for them.

Some of policies are actually quite good - term limits for senators and enforcing a gap between elected Posts and becoming a lobbyist. Some of them are downright dreadful though.

It's certainly going to be an interesting 4 years. One thing I can absolutely guarantee is that the Trump we've seen during the campaign will be nothing like Trump the President. He very clearly was putting on an act and saying what he needed to get voted In. His first speech as President-Elect shows this.

I don't really know why the DNC wanted Hillary so much. Literally anyone else would've beaten Trump comfortably. My preferred candidate, like many people on the net, was Sanders. He would've wiped the floor with Trump and be president elect right now.

I think my Donald Trump Pop has skyrocketed on value now.

Probably compensates for the price fall of the Hilary one.