N-Europe

Animal Crossing Direct - November 2nd

Serebii

Will detail the New Leaf patch, as well as most likely the mobile game
Don't reckon there's going to be all that much to the New Leaf patch, so hopefully the mobile game will feature in this too.

Nice to have another Direct to look forward to anyway. Keep 'em coming Nintendo! :bouncy:

• 1 month later...

I thought I was done with Animal Crossing long ago but since getting my New 3DS, I've been finding myself interested in checking it out again (in fact, I meant to put it on at Halloween but forgot :red:)

Maybe the new Direct will encourage me to return to it, especially since we won't have to get rid of the weeds following the update :heh:

Must be tricky for Nintendo, they would make an absolute fortune if they released a fully featured Animal Crossing game on mobile, with IAPs like Farmville etc, it's literally the perfect game for that platform. On one hand I'm obviously pleased games like Super Mario Run don't look like it'll shaft people with lots of IAP, but on the other I want them to make money so....

I feel a bit cheated about the whole weeds thing to be honest, I've had the Beauty Ordinance in operation since 2013 for the express purpose of never having to worry about weeds and now all you chumps get your town weeded automatically! Really not fair.

Looking forward to dusting off my town and getting too into Animal Crossing again.

I feel a bit cheated about the whole weeds thing to be honest, I've had the Beauty Ordinance in operation since 2013 for the express purpose of never having to worry about weeds and now all you chumps get your town weeded automatically! Really not fair.

Looking forward to dusting off my town and getting too into Animal Crossing again.

I booted up the game for the first time in ages last night, and my town was exactly how I'd left it. :)

Can't remember doing so, but must have switched to the beauty ordinance right before I stopped playing the game on a daily basis. :hehe:

Anyway, would be cool if the update goes live straight after today's direct, but I'm guessing we'll have to wait until the new version of the game arrives at the end of this month.

Last minute prediction?

Original Animal Crossing N64 version (before it got turned into the GC game) made available on the Wii U VC... ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^Obviously that didn't happen... :D

...but still, Animal Crossing Puzzle League?!? :o

Sign me up for that! :)

Edited by S.C.G

Ohboy, that is an insane update.... I'm torn though, it all sounds great, amazing actually. But why update it? I don't know if I fancy diving back in... Makes me worried a Switch version isn't coming after all as these would've been perfect updates for that.

Don't quite understand why they've put so much into this, barring a desire to increase amiibo sales.

Ohboy, that is an insane update.... I'm torn though, it all sounds great, amazing actually. But why update it? I don't know if I fancy diving back in... Makes me worried a Switch version isn't coming after all as these would've been perfect updates for that.

Don't quite understand why they've put so much into this, barring a desire to increase amiibo sales.

Huge update, but like you I'm disappointed what this may mean for a Switch game.

Good for the 10 million people who own New Leaf though. Also refreshing to see so much content added for free, in an age of paid DLC, season passes etc

Do I... do I see... PUZZLE LEAGUE!?!?!?!?

excited-baby.gif

UNFATHOMABLE HYYYYPPPEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

:bouncy:

(Even if it is just a cut down minigame, it's still the first new Puzzle League game since 2007... THAT'S ALMOST A WHOLE DECADE PEOPLE!!!! PUZZLE LEAGUE FINALLY LIVES AGAIN!!!! :bouncy: )

Edited by Dcubed

That Direct was utterly weird. Nice that they back ported features from Happy Home Designer. Not sure I want to go back, but new Zelda items and Puzzle League...

They needed something for Christmas, probably news quick and easy to update & repackage this then rush out something new.

That Direct was utterly weird. Nice that they back ported features from Happy Home Designer. Not sure I want to go back, but new Zelda items and Puzzle League...

They needed something for Christmas, probably news quick and easy to update & repackage this then rush out something new.

Not just from Happy Home Designer, but they also nicked the best part of Amiibo Festival as well. Very strange.

But who cares? Puzzle League is (kind of) alive again! That's what really matters here. There's hope for a glorious new HD/4K full fat Puzzle League game after this! :yay:

how do you get those consoles? just from the shop like regular items?

If you have any animal crossing amiibo then, after you find wisp, you can buy the consoles with coupons from their caravan after scanning them in. You can also get them from fortune cookies apparently.

Noticed that the Japanese direct was a few minutes longer than our one, turns out they got extra amiibo functionality thanks to the Monster Hunter Stories set!

eaYenl3.jpg

Those Amiibo actually already work in the English version...

large.jpg

A sign that Monster Hunter Stories is coming over here? I reckon so ;)