NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Direct (3DS Only) - September 1st - 15:00

I thought it was much better than expected too.

Got a interest in the Mariosports title- as vileplume 2000 said will be interested to compare it to standalone titles. The horse riding and footy looks decent, really liked the GC supermario strikers game.

Strange there is so much coming out for a handheld with NX coming March. Either NX is no way coming in March (likely), or they'll push the home play more, or maybe even the rumours were wrong :)

Or this is the exact same situation last time we had a "third pillar" (which Nintendo insists the NX is). ;)

Then you are a happy person today. Just announced Picross 3D round 2!

So far quite a solid Direct, but I hope we get some more surprises. Oh, and there are some WiiU things being mentioned, so not 3DS only!

Out in America today. Europe December 2nd.

Nintendo Europe FCK you

Strange there is so much coming out for a handheld with NX coming March. Either NX is no way coming in March (likely), or they'll push the home play more, or maybe even the rumours were wrong :)
Yeah, all of this extra activity for 3DS (especially into 2017) did get me wondering about the NX.

It's great 3DS is going to be so well supported for awhile yet though, I really did think it was curtains for the system after this year.

Mario Sports Superstars looked really good I reckon, way better than the Mario Sports game on Wii (which admittedly I never played) but always thought looked kind of meh. :hehe:

Proper 11-a-side Mario footy should be awesome. :grin:

Edited by RedShell

Someone mentioned a load of rpgs were coming?
Yeah, RPG fans are getting spoiled rotten on 3DS.

I kind of zoned out when that stuff appeared in the Direct, but that happened more than a few times, so there's quite a lot on the way. :laughing:

Glen-i was right on the money.

gJopRG.gif

Yes I was!

Yep, just saw it. My heart sank a bit at first with seeing the Sand Rod, but then suddenly, Portal Train! Makes absolutely no sense and I love it. Totally makes up for Linebeck getting snubbed.

It was a very nice direct, even if Mario Maker 3DS loses a lot of the point and I do worry that Yoshi's Woolly World won't look anywhere near as beautiful without the HD-ness.

But if more people play it then, good. At least the 3DS will have a great Yoshi game.

Nah NX is a handheld and will be out early 2017. We have two games that are Wii U ports, another is a Mario sports game, Mario party and sidescrolling Pikmin spinoff.

All titles that are keeping the 3DS steady. Nintendo supporting a machine like they should do before fully transitioning to NX..

I'd love to see what they'd do with the Sand Wand from Spirit Tracks.

SandWand.png

Well, would you look at that! :D

Interested in the RPGs and Pikmin, not bothered about the others. I own both Mario Maker and Yoshi on the Wii U.

Very good direct. Even if they are reducing the amount of reasons to own a Wii U. By the end of it, I half expected a Splatoon port to put the final nail in.

Picross 3D round 2!!

I was watching the US direct by mistake and thought it was already on the eShop. I was disappointed. Ah well, December isn't that long away.

Pretty good direct really, Pikmin looked good, Mario sports looked good, Dragon quest, hell even Wolly World (although might buy it for the missus) not sure on Mario Maker having no online that seems a bit silly, but i'm yet to buy mario maker full stop

Not a bad Direct I guess. Nothing there for me though. Didn't buy Yoshi & Mario Maker on the Wii U, I won't buy them on the 3DS either.

I watched the american version of the direct which was actually really well presented by Bill, Reggie and 2 presenters from the Treehouse.

The bit about the StreetPass Mii Plaza update and the choice of a free game made me laugh, like there was a choice there (no offence to anyone who genuinely prefers the stock market to slot car racing :heh:).

Just been playing StreetPass Slot Racer though and it is brilliant. :yay:

I give that Direct props, but really after Sun and Moon, enthusiasm to invest in more 3DS stuff with the NX in four months time will be low. Pikmin for example, if Pikmin 4 was announced as a launch window game I would prefer to wait for that being Pikmin starved at the moment. ( I also saw some new enemies which would more than likely be in Pikmin 4 so I wouldn't want that spoiled).

Predictions...

Galaxy Edition New 3DS XL announced for Europe

Super Mario Micro Galaxy for New 3DS/3DS

Metroid Prime Hunters available... right now! on Wii U VC

New My Nintendo Picross game Metroid?

Metroid 30th anniversary mention, year of Samus?

VC promotion, swap My Nintendo coins for eShop credit or more VC titles

Super Mario Maker on the go

Splatoon pocket

Oh and one more thing...

...more Amiibo!

Roll on Thursday! ;)

So...

Super Mario Maker on the go (3DS Version)

New My Nintendo Picross game

Amiibo! (Zelda 30th Anniversary amiibo plus Poochy)

Three out of ten isn't bad. ;)

I thought the 3DS was pretty much finished for me but there's now a few games on the horizon that I'm actually interested in, including Rhythm Heaven Megamix, Mario Sports Superstars and Pikmin :hehe:

Ideally, I wouldn't mind some sort of New 3DS bundle with a game I'm interested in packaged with it. It always frustrates me when we see new colours for 3DS but almost always the XL version :blank:

Finally caught up with it! Got plenty to say about this (all kinds of WTF!?!? going on here), but I'm just gonna say one thing for now...

There is no way that the NX is coming out in March. No way in hell. Mii Plaza getting such a big update at THIS point in the 3DS' life speaks volumes...

Edited by Dcubed

Glad they upped the Street pass limit, finally. A couple of the new games are made by Prope.

There is no way that the NX is coming out in March. No way in hell. Mii Plaza getting such a big update at THIS point in the 3DS' life speaks volumes...

Or it will be cross-platform?

I'm amazed I went into today pretty much done with the 3DS only to come out of it thinking that I'd actually quite fancy investing in a New 3DS :red:

I've actually just been trying to play my original 3DS tonight and I think the battery might have had it :hmm:

Excellent Direct, much better than I was expecting. I thought I was done with the 3DS but there at least four games there I'll be picking up