NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Direct (3DS Only) - September 1st - 15:00

Finally caught up with it! Got plenty to say about this (all kinds of WTF!?!? going on here), but I'm just gonna say one thing for now...

There is no way that the NX is coming out in March. No way in hell. Mii Plaza getting such a big update at THIS point in the 3DS' life speaks volumes...

NX is being treated as a third pillar (according to Kimishima), like the DS was. As such, like the GBA received support and updates after DS's life, so is 3DS.

NX is coming in March. Deal with it man :p

Edited by Serebii

The bit about the StreetPass Mii Plaza update and the choice of a free game made me laugh, like there was a choice there (no offence to anyone who genuinely prefers the stock market to slot car racing :heh:).

Just been playing StreetPass Slot Racer though and it is brilliant. :yay:

Yeah, I went with this as well and loved it.. Apparently the Stock Market game is stupidly short/fast.

It's such a shame I can't get the most out of these Streetpass games. I would happily slap down the cash on all of them if I was able to constantly get hits. :(

Yeah, I went with this as well and loved it.. Apparently the Stock Market game is stupidly short/fast.

It's such a shame I can't get the most out of these Streetpass games. I would happily slap down the cash on all of them if I was able to constantly get hits. :(

Same.

I've been contemplating trying to set up one of those StreetPass relays at home again, but it's a major faff.

If only Nintendo would just enable the Mii Plaza to function via SpotPass as well. That's what they should've done from day 1 really, outside of Japan at least. ::shrug:

Caught up with this late last night. The thing I took away from it was that this increasing cloning of Wii U games has to mean something - and perhaps that's practice for NX console-handheld development. I certainly hope they wouldn't green light all these 'ports' otherwise. It will be such a relief when we hopefully just get one version of all these Nintendo games so that they aren't taking up development time for other games, and we don't have to wait for a console version of a franchise whilst the handheld gets one.

Also the Olimar game seems like a reskinned Chibo Robo, as though they're giving new game designers at Nintendo a 2D platforming kit and a franchise and asking them to make a game.

Also the Olimar game seems like a reskinned Kirby Mass Attack, as though they're giving new game designers at Nintendo a 2D platforming kit and a franchise and asking them to make a game.

Fixed that for you ;) That game was awesome BTW! So I'm naturally more than ok with a spiritual successor!

Why are New 3DS systems so difficult to find at a reasonable price..? ::shrug:

I almost feel like I was looking for an excuse to upgrade to one yesterday but I've now charged my original 3DS overnight and it only last about 5 minutes before it flashes red and shuts itself off :hmm:

Man, there was some really great stuff in the Japanese Direct. :o

These 2 especially caught my eye:

RPG Maker:

I'm not really a fan of playing them, but I'd love to try making one using something like that! :love:

Drancia Saga:

That looks so much like my cup of tea it's unreal. Super simple action packed gameplay + cute 8-Bit style. :awesome:

I'm guessing there's like zero chance of either coming out over here though. :(

Wish I hadn't watched the JP Direct now. :woops:

So, what was everyone's favourite game or section from the Direct?

Mine wasn't a game announcement. It was this.

yoshiykzjs.gif

I LOVED the Pikmin shorts that got released a while back and if these Yoshi shorts are anything like those then i'm going to be over the moon. Just look how adorable they look! :heart::hug::love:

So, what was everyone's favourite game or section from the Direct?
For me it was Mario Sports SuperStars, or rather, Mario Football SuperStars! :hehe:

Looks so sweet. :D

Nintendo NX is a Home Console Nintendo proved it with this direct and a new handheld will probably be announced at E3 2017

A few days ago, I wasn't particularly enthusiastic about 3DS but I've suddenly just ordered the New 3DS in black for collection tomorrow afternoon :eek:

I'm hoping to recoup most of the expense through sales of other things but I've been OBSESSED for days hoping for deals to appear but I eventually bit on a Smyths deal of New 3DS + Pokemon Omega Ruby for £154.99.. and I'll probably sell Pokemon for £20-30 which brings the price down considerably. If I can get the battery in my Cosmos black 3DS replaced, I still have the box and inserts for it so could probably sell it somewhere between £50-£100. With all the deductions, I felt I could almost justify the extra cost by the fact that it'll encourage me to play the system again along with the improved performace and amiibo functionality.

I may just be completely nuts, though :blank:

There haven't really been any good deals on the 3DS for a while so I doubt anything much better will come along any time soon, especially since support seems to be continuing at for another year. Should be interesting to see what happens when the NX launches, providing it is a hybrid.

There haven't really been any good deals on the 3DS for a while so I doubt anything much better will come along any time soon, especially since support seems to be continuing at for another year. Should be interesting to see what happens when the NX launches, providing it is a hybrid.

It would probably have been cheaper for me to purchase it last year as the price seems to be increasing, if anything :eek: With the black version seeming slightly more difficult to get hold of, I felt it was time to take the plunge now that I actually feel good about it :hehe:

Nintendo NX is a Home Console Nintendo proved it with this direct and a new handheld will probably be announced at E3 2017

Still clinging to that last bit of driftwood, eh? This direct proved nothing. The NX could be a very tasty sausage sandwich for all the direct proved.

Yes, the NX will be a home console, but it's also going to be a handheld.

Still clinging to that last bit of driftwood, eh? This direct proved nothing. The NX could be a very tasty sausage sandwich for all the direct proved.

Yes, the NX will be a home console, but it's also going to be a handheld.

Day 1.

Man, i'd kill for a nice sausage and bacon butty right about now.

But will it be a sausage sandwich with OS level voice chat?

But will it be a sausage sandwich with OS level voice chat?

You shouldn't talk with your mouth full ;)