Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

E3 2016 General Thread

Picture1_zpsl4pic9c6.png

With Microsoft announcing their conference times yesterday, I figured we may as well get a general E3 2016 thread on the go. This can be used for predictions, conference time sand general E3 banter.

Conferences and times we know about.

EA: Sunday, June 12 - 1:00 P.M. PDT/ 21:00 BST

Bethesda: Sunday, June 12 - 7:00 P.M. PDT./ 03:00 BST (Monday, June 13)

Kadokawa: Sunday, June 12 - 9:30 P.M. PDT./ 05:30 BST (Monday, June 13)

Microsoft: Monday, June 13 - 9:30 A.M. PDT./ 17:30 BST

PC Gaming Show: Monday, June 13 at 12:00 A.M. PDT/ 20:00 BST

Ubisoft: Monday, June 13 - 1:00 P.M. PDT./ 21:00 BST

Sony: Monday, June 13 - 6:00 P.M. PDT./ 02:00 BST (Tuesday, June 14)

Nintendo Treehouse Live: Tuesday, June 14 - 9:00 A.M. PDT./ 17:00 BST

Courtesy of @RedShell

Microsoft Conference:

[countdown=06/13/2016 5:30 PM;]Count down:[/countdown]

90%[/hr]

Ubisoft Conference:

[countdown=06/13/2016 9:00 PM;]Count down:[/countdown]

90%[/hr]

Sony Conference:

[countdown=06/14/2016 2:00 AM;]Count down:[/countdown]

90%[/hr]

Nintendo Zelda thingy:

[countdown=06/14/2016 5:00 PM;]Count down:[/countdown]

90%[/hr]

What's everyone looking forward to seeing? Who will 'win' E3 this year? Could the year of dreams that happened last year be topped this year? Tune in this June to find out!

Only 2 months to go. :bouncy:

Edited by Ashley
Updated to include more conferences and the countdowns

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed. Hopefully they are nearly finished working on Diddy Kong Racing 2. :p

One thing I'm pretty sure on is that they're not working on Metroid Prime 4, because Kensuke Tanabe doesn't seem to be involved, like he normally is, with Retro's current project.

Gives me the impression that they might be finally making something completely new :)

Gives me the impression that they might be finally making something completely new :)

DKR2 or Eternal Darkness sequel/reboot. Make it so!

I'm just hoping they aren't working on DKCR3. I love the series, and Tropical Freeze is an amazing game, but I want something different from them. Let the Japanese studios handle platformers and lets get something a little meatier from Retro.

As much as I'm itching to hear news about the NX, I really hope Nintendo manage to hold a lot of the info back until E3. It would make it that little bit more exciting if reveal was part of the E3 magic.

God, Euro 2016 starts on June 10th too! That's going to be a hell of a week!

Edited by killthenet

God, Euro 2016 starts on June 10th too! That's going to be a hell of a week!

Indeed. It's gonna be awesome! :D

In E3 news, some Microsoft patents were found yesterday hinting at a possible new Xbox One. Whether this is a slim version ( really needs it ) or something along the lines of the rumoured PS4K remains to be seen. Either way, a reveal at E3 ( more likely just before given Microsofts history with leaks ) is more than likely to be on the cards at this years show.

I'll be watching at least the Nintendo Direct/Conference/Whatever-the-fuck-they-call it, the Sony one and maybe EA's.

Casually looking forward to it. Not super eager or anything yet. We had E3 plus Chinese food before, so I may make that into an annual tradition and do it again this year.

After the PS4 conference last year it would be madness to not tune in again, if only for more info/footage on those games. The chat was electric.

What was it last year, three mega bombshells for PS4?

The Last Guardian re-reveal, Final Fantasy 7 remake and Shenmue 3 is alive stuff.

It was an amazing conference.

After the PS4 conference last year it would be madness to not tune in again, if only for more info/footage on those games. The chat was electric.

What was it last year, three mega bombshells for PS4?

The chat room was funny as hell. I remember after the first 2 bombshells hit I jokingly said that Shenmue 3 would be next. A few minutes later and we were all losing our minds. :D

I've never been against watching Sony or Microsoft's conferences, but I usually follow a live blog to see what's going on. Weirdly though I chose to actually watch Sony's last year, which turned out to be a great decision - especially when Shenmue came up. I wasn't quite in tears like the guys on GameTrailers but I was so, so happy.

That has to be one of the defining moments in E3 history, up there with the Twilight Princess reveal and Sony's disastrous 'giant enemy crab' conference.

I used to think Sony and Microsoft's conferences dragged on for so long with so much pointless (and awkward) chat, but last year they seemed much more stream-lined. I nearly fell asleep for EA and Ubisofts though.

EA are doing their separate to E3 thing this time, is anyone else going to their live event in London?

I used to think Sony and Microsoft's conferences dragged on for so long with so much pointless (and awkward) chat, but last year they seemed much more stream-lined. I nearly fell asleep for EA and Ubisofts though.

Yeah, they seem a lot snappier these days. Saying that, Sonys conference at Gamescom really dragged on but then their TGS show was great. They are still a bit hit or miss.

Fingers crossed for Treehouse live streams again, that really helps keep E3 alive for all three days, and hopefully there should be some pretty great games to show off, unlike last year. "exaaaactly" and "niiice" can GTFO though.

Fingers crossed for Treehouse live streams again, that really helps keep E3 alive for all three days, and hopefully there should be some pretty great games to show off, unlike last year. "exaaaactly" and "niiice" can GTFO though.

Absolutely. The first year was fantastic, last year was a bust but this year has the potential to be something very special indeed.

I've never been against watching Sony or Microsoft's conferences, but I usually follow a live blog to see what's going on. Weirdly though I chose to actually watch Sony's last year, which turned out to be a great decision - especially when Shenmue came up. I wasn't quite in tears like the guys on GameTrailers but I was so, so happy.

That has to be one of the defining moments in E3 history, up there with the Twilight Princess reveal and Sony's disastrous 'giant enemy crab' conference.

I think I watched all of the conferences last year. It was actually quite fun and insightful being able to watch all of them, even if you just have them on in the background whilst you're doing something else. I'll probably do the same with this one, too.

The GameTrailers' reactions were amazing. I loved how into it they were and it's nice to see excitement and enthusiasm from people following this stuff. The Twilight Princess reactions were also brilliant all those years ago. A very fond memory. I hope we get moments like that every year or at least frequently.

Most excited for Nintendo's presentation this year. Really, really hope that it lives up to the hype.

Console reveal and confirmation for some awesome first party games? Yes please.

After that, PlayStation. Haven't read much into the PS4.5/PS4K stuff, giving them the tools to wow me.

I always watch all of the conferences, these days using the Giant Bomb streams where they talk over them.

Not sure what I'm looking forward to this year really. I expect it'll be the usual saying that I'm more excited for what we don't know about. The NX stuff for me is just interesting in a general gaming industry sense rather than actual excitement for the product. I guess I'd probably like to see some more VR stuff that will showcase fully formed games rather than the smaller "experiences" that we have now.

Edit: Oh and as usual, the Shenmue HD remasters

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!