NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Direct (03/03 10pm)

Thought it was a great Direct! Pleasant surprise :)

Packed full of content. The 3DS is in for a fantastic year!

Wii U, not so much, but meh. Paper Mario was a cool surprise, although the paint looks just like a sticker replacement, so not expecting much from it at this stage.

Metroid...

Ok now I understand more about the game, it's kind of a shame this wasn't on a home console and Nintendo's answer to Halo ODST, or Halo 5 I guess.

Nintendo DiMech more like ;)

Nintendo wins just for that retro Arwing and SNES Corneria music playing. Amazing.

Good Direct overall. Paper Mario looks fantastic, and I'll gladly take another Kirby game on 3DS, loved Triple Deluxe. Some nice additions to Mario Maker and Star Fox looks a little more interesting too.

How can anyone be disappointed with that? What the hell were people expecting? I just don't understand some people some times. Nintendo have a brand new console coming out this year (probably), maybe two, maybe a hybrid. These are two dying consoles and yet there was still quite a lot of new content, the 3ds in particular has an insane amount of content coming to it.

+ 1

Given 3DS has been out five years and Nintendo have a new console to unveil in the next few months I'm not sure what some people expect.

The last two years for the Wii U have been dreadful.

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2, Captain Toad, Splatoon, Yoshi's Woolly World, Kirby, Super Mario Maker, Xenoblade X, with Twilight Princess and Star Fox around the corner.

You have a funny idea of 'dreadful'.

Edited by Ronnie

You're of course entitled to it, just as I'm entitled to laugh at someone qualifying that list of games as dreadful

Wii U lineup...

March: Twilight Princess HD, Pokken

April: Lost Reavers, Starfox Zero, Starfox Guard

May:

June: #FE, Mario & Sonic: Rio

Scattered throughout: Splatoon & Mario Maker DLC, plenty of eShop titles (including Super Meat Boy Wii U)

Doesn't seem like a bad Spring lineup to me :)

Then after that we have Paper Mario Colour Splash, Zelda Wii U and Pikmin 4, at the very least, this year!

You're of course entitled to it, just as I'm entitled to laugh at someone qualifying that list of games as dreadful

Okay, had to bite. Someone's wanting to cause tension in this place again.

Yeah the last two years has been pretty dreadful for the Wii U. You haven't really understood what I was trying to convey.

Probably too busy laughing at people I suppose.

I've enjoyed the games on the Wii U that you have previously mentioned. There hasn't been enough of them though in the past two years. There hasn't been enough variety for my tastes for the past two years. Its a shame that the 3rd parties are not present to fill in the gaps as they fled around two years ago.

The 3DS has been heavily supported by Nintendo. I'm frustrated that the Wii U hasn't received enough support across the board.

But yeah, carry on "laughing". How dare I be unhappy with Nintendo!

I forgot to mention it in my previous post but I'm delighted with the latest Super Mario Maker updates :hehe: The pink coins will really enhance the need to explore levels and I'm excited to finally dip my toe back into the creative aspect of the game!

Wii U lineup...

March: Twilight Princess HD, Pokken

April: Lost Reavers, Starfox Zero, Starfox Guard

May:

June: #FE, Mario & Sonic: Rio

Scattered throughout: Splatoon & Mario Maker DLC, plenty of eShop titles (including Super Meat Boy Wii U)

Doesn't seem like a bad Spring lineup to me :)

Then after that we have Paper Mario Colour Splash, Zelda Wii U and Pikmin 4, at the very least, this year!

Mmm, April really just has StarFox, as Guard is bundled in and no one will be buying Lost Reavers... right?!

Pikmin 4 hasn't been confirmed has it?

Also, I'm confused by #FE.

It seemed like a huge deal when it was announced, now it's almost like they don't want to talk about it. It also seems to be getting further and further away from having any real relevance to either franchise.

Yeah the last two years has been pretty dreadful for the Wii U. You haven't really understood what I was trying to convey.

What are you trying to convey? You think Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2, Captain Toad, Splatoon, Yoshi's Woolly World, Kirby, Super Mario Maker, Xenoblade X and Twilight Princess and Star Fox around the corner is dreadful. You're right, what a terrible bunch of games in the space of two years. If you want third party games, try PS4, they have nothing but third party titles over there.

Mmm, April really just has StarFox, as Guard is bundled in and no one will be buying Lost Reavers... right?!

Pikmin 4 hasn't been confirmed has it?

Also, I'm confused by #FE.

It seemed like a huge deal when it was announced, now it's almost like they don't want to talk about it. It also seems to be getting further and further away from having any real relevance to either franchise.

Starfox Guard is a seperate game. There's a bundle where you can buy both together, but it is its own standalone eShop title.

#FE is kind of getting the cold shoulder though, with its extremely cheap No Dub treatment. I get that it Super Bombed in Japan (sold less than Bayo 2), but still...

Pikmin 4 has indeed been officially announced by Miyamoto himself. He said it was "close to completion".

Edited by Dcubed

I actually enjoyed that Direct, I didn't go in expecting megatons and guess what, makes it an enjoyable experience! :D

Star Fox has won me back over, that footage looked up to snuff and I'm pretty sure I'll be getting it day one now :)

And my other main highlight was Monster Hunter!! Saw the rumours earlier but still, new MH :)

Right, getting a few hours sleep before filming some NES stuff for it, so apologies if I look like I've only 4 hours sleep in it ...because I will have ;)

Starfox looks ok! But at this point I think I'll pick it up on the cheap. Jpop Fire Emblem looking good as always, will probably get that on release, and Mario and Sonic is always a must! I just hope it's up to the levels of fun seen in 2012. They usually have an awesome roster of sonic and Mario characters too so I was a bit saddened to seem them weird bosses from Lost World.

I was pumped for paper Mario until I saw them cards on the gamepad. Will have to find out more about the game and if it does play like sticker star, which I suspect, then I'll give it a miss. I would have been pumped for Rhythm Heaven 3DS a few years ago but I'm kinda over that series now, especially considering that game is mostly old minigames which I've played to death before.

SNES games on 3ds has come a bit too late for me :p would have died for some of them a few months ago but had a retro binge recently and played most of them titles in the past 6 months.

Edited by Josh64

Its called having a personal opinion.

I'm jumping in on the side of Blade. That list is 12 games in two years. 1 per month. And all are quality games but they're not all games that everyone likes or wants. And your rude dismissal of wanting 3rd party games go to PS4 insinuates it's wrong of us to like other games. I've seen posts from you, you enjoy those games as well what is so wrong to want for them to release on Nintendo as well.

I realize that in the spirit of it being a Nintendo Direct that it is about the 1st/2nd party games more so than 3rd party. Maybe you (Ronnie) should actually look at some of the games Sony publishes(because I want to avoid just listing titles in a derailing manner). And please if you discount them because they're not appealing to you think of others (Blade maybe) discounting the games you listed because they aren't appealing to them. Myself as an example, I don't care for DK Tropical Freeze. Bought it out of nostalgia and shouldn't have.

"Graphical Glitches"??? I'm running Yoshi's Island (as it is the game you quoted) at the moment and not expereincing any problems.

(Although I am using my N3DS)

Also Metroid Fusion uses a GBA sleep mode feature that causes it to work exactly like if you were closing the lid of the 3DS.

Which Yosh's Island has too I just found. Never knew that..lol

Also you missed the point of my post. It was that the 3DS does /did have GBA games (regardless of quality).

It doesn't have GBA Virtual Console games. That was the point I was making.

Also, run Yoshi's Island full screen and go on a scrolling level. You'll see the graphical glitches.

I hardly saw any Wii U games. That is what im disappointed about. The last two years for the Wii U have been dreadful.

In this direct I saw:

Amiibo

Amiibo

Buy our DLC

Games we knew about

Paper Mario

More amiibo

I'm sorry, what?

Nintendo Directs don't exist solely to reveal brand new games, but also localisation dates for games and new information on games that are coming soon. I think you misunderstand what Directs are for.

What are you trying to convey? You think Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2, Captain Toad, Splatoon, Yoshi's Woolly World, Kirby, Super Mario Maker, Xenoblade X and Twilight Princess and Star Fox around the corner is dreadful. You're right, what a terrible bunch of games in the space of two years. If you want third party games, try PS4, they have nothing but third party titles over there.

You clearly didn't read my last post.

PS4 - "they have nothing but third party games"

Wow

I'm surprised the SNES VC pricing hasn't come up in here yet. I'm honestly shocked that they have made it so you have to buy the games AGAIN but at full price. Granted, there are launch offers but even a transfer fee would have been more reasonable.

Both the Wii U and 3DS share wallets and you can see what you've bought. Cross buy is possible due to other games using it. There really is no excuse for having gamers buy the game they already own again. This certainly better not be the case once NX launches.

I'm surprised the SNES VC pricing hasn't come up in here yet. I'm honestly shocked that they have made it so you have to buy the games AGAIN but at full price. Granted, there are launch offers but even a transfer fee would have been more reasonable.

Both the Wii U and 3DS share wallets and you can see what you've bought. Cross buy is possible due to other games using it. There really is no excuse for having gamers buy the game they already own again. This certainly better not be the case once NX launches.

Yeah, I agree it is fucking ridiculous, especially on the eve of My Nintendo and Nintendo Accounts.

Yep that's a dick move.

As for pricing. Snes games should be £4.99

Yep that's a dick move.

As for pricing. Snes games should be £4.99

I just don't understand the reasoning behind it other than greed. I often point out that Nintendo are a company and as such are in the business of making money, but this whole scenario seems like a shocking way to treat your fan base.

Still, it doesn't effect me at the moment as I still rock an original 3DS, but it doesn't make the news of the pricing any easier to read.

I have mixed feelings about this direct. There is quite a bit to look forward to on the 3DS (and finally a Fire Emblem Fates release date - that's my summer sorted), but hardly anything on the Wii U.

What there is on the Wii U also does not seem to have any online mode at all either. I have a group of mates that we all play Wii U online together and we are running out of stuff to play. To be honest, just online dogfighting on Starfox or an online section on Starfox Guard would have been enough I think.

Lost reavers might fill that spot, but at the moment looks awful.

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2, Captain Toad, Splatoon, Yoshi's Woolly World, Kirby, Super Mario Maker, Xenoblade X, with Twilight Princess and Star Fox around the corner.

You have a funny idea of 'dreadful'.

Well we can't all be as easily won over as you:

Nintendo wins just for that retro Arwing and SNES Corneria music playing. Amazing.[/Quote]

No. You are entitled to disagree and discuss. You are not entitled to laugh at someone who has a differing opinion. That makes you an arse.

Yeah, I agree it is fucking ridiculous, especially on the eve of My Nintendo and Nintendo Accounts.

Ha you make it sound like some sort of national holiday!

Thought it was a pretty good direct overall, with the highlights for me being the new SMM content and a Euro release of Rhythm Tengoku 3DS.

Shibata's Yo-Kai Watch dance was entertaining too. :D

SNES VC on 3DS would've been a megaton IF it included the original hardware, and the games were cross-buy (or at least discounted) if you already purchased them before. As it stands... meh. icon13.gif

It makes you wonder if they ever will support cross buy for their platforms. In NX is a hybrid then they probably won't.

If they re-release the VC games again on the NX and pull this again I think they will be in for massively diminishing returns. Or they should be.

Yeah, I was bitching to Dakota about it - both the lack off cross buy and the insane prices, disgusting. Even aside form the cross buy, why should it be more expensive on the 3DS than the Wii U? Doesn't make any sense.

It makes you wonder if they ever will support cross buy for their platforms. In NX is a hybrid then they probably won't.

If they re-release the VC games again on the NX and pull this again I think they will be in for massively diminishing returns. Or they should be.

You just hope that Nintendo realise the last thing they can do with the NX is piss off their fans. Cross buy is IN!

If they do this I will never by their new console.

Having to pay again for VC games I bought for my Wii just to play them on my Wii U was (still is) ridiculous.

They need to sort this out. They should've sorted this out quite some time ago actually...

Anyway, the direct itself didn't do anything for me.