NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Direct (03/03 10pm)

From the Federation Force video it seems like they really listened to what people were complaining about. They've explained it much better than the last time we saw it.

Oh no.... not... this .. guy...

From the Federation Force video it seems like they really listened to what people were complaining about. They've explained it much better than the last time we saw it.

Definitely, it looks like a game worth picking up. Looking forward the the Nes show summary of this section... I'm not hearing anything the current guy is saying :D

I guess now we have a reason for the snes emulation on 3ds

SNES VC only on the new Nintendo 3DS? I guess there has to be technical reasons for it, just a bit surprised that there would be.

SNES VC only on the new Nintendo 3DS? I guess there has to be technical reasons for it, just a bit surprised that there would be.

I think the technical reason is they want more 3ds owners to "invest" in a new 3ds...

It's about time. Been waiting to play SNES games on 3DS for years..

The homebrew scene showed Nintendo up with playable SNES games on new 3DS.

Bit gutted about waiting till may for fire Emblem. Seriously Nintendo Europe why the long wait.

Hasn't stopped the idiots -_-

I hate the Internet

Yeah, I thought it was lame. Monster Hunter was the only positive for me.

I hope just trying to force a half upgrade on users isn't the only reason they're making the SNES VC exclusive to the new 3DS. Though homebrew does already have a working SNES emulator on all 3DS systems...

The new Kirby game looks fun. I hope adding RPG elements to everything isn't Nintendo's idea of adding depth though, probably just a coincidence that there was a lot of that today.

The new Kirby amiibos look nice! Hopefully they're backwards compatible with the Smash Bros ones like how the Mario Series are.

Overall I enjoyed that Nintendo Direct. Everything was looking nice, they've cleared up some things. Not a mention of Twilight Princess as far as I could see!

The standard 3DS's processor is not fast enough to accurately emulate SNES games. It's the same reason we don't have GBA games.

The New 3DS, however, is a bigger beast so can handle it.

While homebrew does get some games working, it's not perfect emulation to the point Nintendo would put it on sale. This is a good read about the struggles of emulation of SNES: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/08/accuracy-takes-power-one-mans-3ghz-quest-to-build-a-perfect-snes-emulator/

Probably to combat people hacking their 3DS slightly, considering Nintendo had supposedly abandoned the VC on 3DS...

Still not too keen on the Metroid art style.

And I'm also wondering why the game is being developed for the 3DS. Throw in a more "mature" art style and you have pretty much exactly what the Wii U needs right now.

I've never bought a Paper Mario game before, but I do like the way this installment looks.

Overall, a quite OK Nintendo Direct.

Kirby looks like a lot of fun, not just a platformer but a Smash Bros inspired sidescrolling beat-em-up.

It's a shame the SNES games are only on New 3DS, I'm holding off on buying one incase the NX plays 3DS games but I might have to just cave in and get one soon.

@Serebii Do Yokai Watch and Fire Emblem run perfectly well on a normal 3DS? Or if i'm looking to play them would I be better off getting a New 3DS?

Also, Nintendo are really keeping us hanging when it comes to Zelda aren't they, we surely have to hear something before E3!

Other than that it was a great direct!

Starfox looked great as did Paper Mario. Quite happy with everything they showed.

While homebrew does get some games working, it's not perfect emulation to the point Nintendo would put it on sale. This is a good read about the struggles of emulation of SNES: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/08/accuracy-takes-power-one-mans-3ghz-quest-to-build-a-perfect-snes-emulator/

That's actually a really good article and I'm going to give it a full read later on, so thanks for that. From just skimming it over, I don't particularly agree that it applies in this case as Nintendo's emulation isn't 100% perfect. It's damn close but that article is specifically about getting it spot on.

Hasn't stopped the idiots -_-

I hate the Internet

People can have opinions, even if they differ to yours.

I thought overall the Direct was pretty poor. Monster Hunter, Fire Emblem and probably Paper Mario are the games to get.

Starfox still looks like a GCN game

Metroid just looks really poor.

SNES games only on New 3DS? Why? Bollocks to technical limitations! The GBA played a ton of SNES ports! Anyway, why should I care I can download them all to Wii U.

Nintendo deserve all the slack they are getting. Just a load of shit coming. Nothing for Wii U really. Such a disappointment.

So Wii U owners who bought SNES games need to pay for then Again?

God damn Nintendo.. You know how to rip the customers off.

Very glad I held off and never bought SNES games on Wii U now.

So are we getting the US versions of ALttP and Super Metroid, my stream froze?

Rewatching the start and hearing "you may think you know everything we've got in store this year, but..." isn't a great sign for that apparent leaker from a week or so ago. Or that person who made the European Direct leak.

Overall, pretty underwhelming, as we saw a LOT of it coming. On top of replaying a ton of Pokémon this year, I can also get Metroid, some Fire Emblem games, a new Kirby game, and maybe Monster Hunter.

Still have my doubts over whether that's enough to last me until the NX and Sun/Moon though...

In all honesty, this just felt like Nintendo saying "hey guys, we're still here!". Hearing someone say they want to talk about something but can't right now? E3 plug. Absolutely. Oh Nintendo...I hope you give us what we hope for at E3, I really do.

BEST. DIRECT. EVER!!

The Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE announcement made me so happy I almost cried! ; W ;

That's why he hates them ;)

Joking aside, caught up near the end as I was in a gig. The Disney face plates seem nifty. Shame they seem to be Japan only.

#HereForTheMouse

Kirby looks like a lot of fun, not just a platformer but a Smash Bros inspired sidescrolling beat-em-up.

It's a shame the SNES games are only on New 3DS, I'm holding off on buying one incase the NX plays 3DS games but I might have to just cave in and get one soon.

@Serebii Do Yokai Watch and Fire Emblem run perfectly well on a normal 3DS? Or if i'm looking to play them would I be better off getting a New 3DS?

Also, Nintendo are really keeping us hanging when it comes to Zelda aren't they, we surely have to hear something before E3!

Other than that it was a great direct!

Yo-kai Watch definitely does. It predates the N3DS. I am unsure if FE is N3DS enhanced but I think I runs fine on a standard 3DS

I thought overall the Direct was pretty poor. Monster Hunter, Fire Emblem and probably Paper Mario are the games to get.

Starfox still looks like a GCN game

Metroid just looks really poor.

SNES games only on New 3DS? Why? Bollocks to technical limitations! The GBA played a ton of SNES ports! Anyway, why should I care I can download them all to Wii U.

Nintendo deserve all the slack they are getting. Just a load of shit coming. Nothing for Wii U really. Such a disappointment.

They can have opinions and dislikes, sure.

There's a difference between saying "Urgh, I don't like the idea of this game. It's not for me", and being a whiny little bitch like a lot of people the Internet are.