NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Direct (03/03 10pm)

Knowing there's no NX news, new games would be great as I'm not interested in any they have announced except the new Zelda.

I predict Federation Force will make its glorious return. I also predict people will still complain about it. :D

I keep forgetting about Federation Force! It has the potential to be my final 3DS purchase, if it turns out well, unless there are a couple of surprises tomorrow night :smile:

Picroos 3D 2, Rhythm heaven, Star Fox, Federation Force, Pikmin 4, mother 3; super mario maker dlc.

OUT OF NOWHERE!

Well, not really out of nowhere since it's been heavily hinted at already. :D

Still, it would be a nice addition to the VC for those eager to get their hands on it.

Project Giant Robot x Project Guard

It's time.

Personally I'm hoping those go the way of the Vitality Sensor but each their own : peace:

Well. No NX news or mobile news. I can understand leaving the NX until E3 - which now looks to be an all-inclusive hardware and software reveal - but with Miitomo launching this month, it's strange for them to not at least mention it.

Looking at the leaked list of first party releases, they'll probably talk about Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Federatiom Force, Hyrule Warriors Legends, the code names Cadillac (I'm sure they've used this one before), Torte City and F Caviar (F-Zero?), Bravely Second, Dragon Quest VII, the first wave of Selects for the year and probably Star Fox too. More Yokai Watch stateside, no doubt.

I don't expect anything on Pikmin (considering that they've said they're looking at a future console for this), Mario (same lines here, I mean unless it's Party or Tennis...), or Zelda Wii U (if it is releasing on the NX, they're likely saving a lot for E3). Don't expect too much on the Pokémon front apart from maybe showing the trailer again.

Not so sure about Mother 3.

Edited by Julius Caesar

Well. No NX news or mobile news. I can understand leaving the NX until E3 - which now looks to be an all-inclusive hardware and software reveal - but with Miitomo launching this month, it's strange for them to not at least mention it.

Looking at the leaked list of first party releases, they'll probably talk about Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Federatiom Force, Hyrule Warriors Legends, the code names Cadillac (I'm sure they've used this one before), Torte City and F Caviar (F-Zero?), Bravely Second, Dragon Quest VII, the first wave of Selects for the year and probably Star Fox too.

I don't expect anything on Pikmin (considering that they've said they're looking at a future console for this), Mario (same lines here, I mean unless it's Party or Tennis...), or Zelda Wii U (if it is releasing on the NX, they're likely saving a lot for E3). Don't expect too much on the Pokémon front apart from maybe showing the trailer again.

Not so sure about Mother 3.

Looks set to be a disappointing Direct then , as per usual :(

They're revealing a new console and a brand new bunch of big games within three months, were you really expecting megatons and huge announcements tomorrow?

I'm expecting an in-depth look at Twilight Princess HD, an apology about Star Fox Zero and confirmation of the delay, news about Metroid Prime: Federation Force and unveiling one or two of the 3DS titles that are coming out later this year. Maybe they'll show of Paper Mario Wii U too, as there are a lot of rumours pointing towards that.

I'm amazed that we apparently won't get any mobile news though, unless they announce another direct for a couple of weeks time that will go into more detail about Miitomo.

EDIT: And Yokai Watch info & Fire Emblem date, obvs.

I don't think you understand what Directs are meant to be if you find them disappointing all the time.

They exist to provide news and details about games coming soon, with a few announcements here and there.

It's not a platform to drop megaton after megaton.

I'm expecting an in-depth look at Twilight Princess HD, an apology about Star Fox Zero and confirmation of the delay, news about Metroid Prime: Federation Force and unveiling one or two of the 3DS titles that are coming out later this year. Maybe they'll show of Paper Mario Wii U too, as there are a lot of rumours pointing towards that.

I'm amazed that we apparently won't get any mobile news though, unless they announce another direct for a couple of weeks time that will go into more detail about Miitomo.

EDIT: And Yokai Watch info & Fire Emblem date, obvs.

I don't think we'll get much, if anything, of TPHD in this.

Mind you, I said that of Yoshi's Woolly World at E3...how wrong I was.

I don't think you understand what Directs are meant to be if you find them disappointing all the time.

They exist to provide news and details about games coming soon, with a few announcements here and there.

It's not a platform to drop megaton after megaton.

But there was that time when they made directs that did have some of this. The one where they announced SMT X Fire Emblem 2 years before it was even released.

People want unannounced games to come out that seem cool. Irrespective of what directs are now, that is what they should contain, as this is now pretty much the only way that Nintendo communicates new information with the world having closed down the official magazines.

There can definitely be megatons in Directs, but a few months before a new console isn't really the time.

I don't see why they would need to cover TP:HD, they've done a fair bit of publicity for it the last few weeks, and it's a remake at the end of the day.

If anything they might cover what the Wolf amiibo does in the upcoming game to bump up sales.

But I doubt even that.

Not hyped for this as what they've shown at the directs recently haven't interested me one bit but you never know.

Still, I'm looking forward to watching it with @kav82 via PS4 party chat. Always fun.

Mother 3 localisation please and an Earthbound trilogy collection for the 3DS with some arbitrary amiibo support or something, I don't care what they do. Just let me own all three in a nice physical bundle for a current system.

Paper Mario Wii U as well please, next amiibo wave dates and fuck it, I'll toss in Undertale console exclusivity and more footage of Federation Force with a heavy rework to feature a Prime style 3DS single player mode as well.

As a wild card bonus, Monster Hunter X Wii U announcement for Japan would also be great for those who prefer to hunt on a nice big HD screen.

Oh yes...E3 last year with a large amount of time spent with Wolly World. I wonder what has happened to the yoshi knitting lady they hired. Maybe we will get an update what she is now up to.

Oh yes...E3 last year with a large amount of time spent with Wolly World. I wonder what has happened to the yoshi knitting lady they hired. Maybe we will get an update what she is now up to.

I'm sure you mentioned her while we were in party chat watching the last Direct. I remember all of us having a laughing fit. :D

Gutted I'm not gonna be there for the banter this time. :(

EDIT: Rumour time.

So guys, I'll put this in the rumour bin, but a Dutch Nintendo site leaked the contents of the Direct tomorrow; (So, the EU Direct) They vouch for their source and seem 99% sure. This site leaked the first details about Castlevania for 3DS a few years back btw.

List of games;

Fire Emblem Fates

Lost Reavers (voorheen Project Treasure)

Mario & Sonic op de Olympische Spelen - Rio 2016

Metroid Prime: Federation Force

Monster Hunter Generations

Star Fox Zero

YO-KAI WATCH

Other rumors;

- Star Fox gets a first print edition (contents unknown)

- Super Nintendo games will finally be added to the 3DS eShop

- Monster Hunter X ---> Monster Hunter Generations

- And Monster Hunter Generations will have some Fire Emblem content

Hope at least the Monster Hunter rumour is true!

No Direct has come and gone without revealing a new game. Everything else would be pushed to social media.

I'm not buying it.

Plus, most of that list is out in Japan already. This is a worldwide Direct. Really not buying it

Edited by Serebii

SNES games coming to 3DS is a big red flag. Why now at this point in time, so late into the 3DS' life?

Makes no sense.

No Direct has come and gone without revealing a new game. Everything else would be pushed to social media.

I'm not buying it.

The Pokémon Direct last week didn't announce anything we hadn't known for 24 hours :heh:

Not hyped for this as what they've shown at the directs recently haven't interested me one bit but you never know.

Still, I'm looking forward to watching it with @kav82 via PS4 party chat. Always fun.

I'll join you for the laughs.

SNES games coming to 3DS is a big red flag. Why now at this point in time, so late into the 3DS' life?

Makes no sense.

Nintendo. :D