NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Direct (03/03 10pm)

I thought it was a fairly decent Direct overall. Remember this only covers the games until the end of Summer, and there seems to be more than enough to play. Starfox is looking good, as is Sharp FE. New Kirby was a surpirse and looks decent. I loved Triple Deluxe. Glad we're getting Fire Emblem pretty soon. Indie line-up is looking strong, plenty of interesting games there. Super Meat Boy, anyone? (at last). 3DS line-up is also fairly solid.

I've also held off buying VC games on the Wii U after my Wii failed and I lost my games, all 30 of them :hmm:. I'm hoping the Nintendo Account will allow for cross platform buys. I do actually own Earthbound though, so I'm gonna be a bit annoyed if I can't download it on the 3DS for free considering I already paid for the Wii U version... They need to rectify this, until they do, I'm not buying a single VC game.

No Mother 3 though... :sad:

Pretty decent direct. Paper Mario looks gorgeous, but it seems to play a bit like Sticker Star, so naturally, the internet will hate it. I don't mind, I enjoyed Sticker Star.

SNES games are also nice I will happily pay for portable Earthbound and Super Metroid.

Pretty decent direct. Paper Mario looks gorgeous, but it seems to play a bit like Sticker Star, so naturally, the internet will hate it. I don't mind, I enjoyed Sticker Star.

SNES games are also nice I will happily pay for portable Earthbound and Super Metroid.

Forgot to mention Paper Mario! Regardless of how it plays at this moment in time, that game look gorgeous!

No Mother 3 though... :sad:

I'm gonna tell you what I told @Dcubed, you're mental if you think they're gonna show that before E3 time.

After all, that's when they revealed Earthbound Beginnings last year and the reaction was immense!

And revealing Mother 3 a year later would be very nice.

I'm gonna tell you what I told @Dcubed, you're mental if you think they're gonna show that before E3 time.

After all, that's when they revealed Earthbound Beginnings last year and the reaction was immense!

And revealing Mother 3 a year later would be very nice.

After all the rumours, I thought we'd hear something, but I guess you're right though, not too long to wait ;)

The standard 3DS's processor is not fast enough to accurately emulate SNES games. It's the same reason we don't have GBA games.

The New 3DS, however, is a bigger beast so can handle it.

While homebrew does get some games working, it's not perfect emulation to the point Nintendo would put it on sale. This is a good read about the struggles of emulation of SNES: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/08/accuracy-takes-power-one-mans-3ghz-quest-to-build-a-perfect-snes-emulator/

Serebii, Nintendo did release 10 GBA titles for 3DS a few months after it was released, although granted this was not available to everyone.

The Nintendo Ambassador program that was made for early adopters.

(And also due to the price cut of the console)

F-Zero Maximum Velocity

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Kirby & The Amazing Mirror

Mario vs Donkey Kong

Mario Kart Super Circuit

Metroid Fusion

Warioware, Inc. Minigame Mania

Wario Land 4

Yoshi's island: Super Mario Advance 3

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

The 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS play them just fine.

Serebii, Nintendo did release 10 GBA titles for 3DS a few months after it was released, although granted this was not available to everyone.

The Nintendo Ambassador program that was made for early adopters.

(And also due to the price cut of the console)

F-Zero Maximum Velocity

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Kirby & The Amazing Mirror

Mario vs Donkey Kong

Mario Kart Super Circuit

Metroid Fusion

Warioware, Inc. Minigame Mania

Wario Land 4

Yoshi's island: Super Mario Advance 3

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

The 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS play them just fine.

"Just fine".

It has graphical glitches (play a scrolling level on Yoshi's Island), massive audio glitches.

All 3DS system functions have to be deactivated in order to get them to run, including Sleep Mode when you close the device.

That is not to a level Nintendo would sell as a Virtual Console title. That's why we had none afterwards.

SNES games coming to 3DS is a big red flag. Why now at this point in time, so late into the 3DS' life?

Makes no sense.

That's probably where they got the idea for making up these rumours from :p

Lace something that's probably legit with a load of BS ;)

giphy.gif

How can anyone be disappointed with that? What the hell were people expecting? I just don't understand some people some times. Nintendo have a brand new console coming out this year (probably), maybe two, maybe a hybrid. These are two dying consoles and yet there was still quite a lot of new content, the 3ds in particular has an insane amount of content coming to it.

And yes. Rhythm heaven. But where was picross 3D 2? ;(

Personally I thought star fox looked really good, seeing other videos it looks better too. Mental there's no multiplayer though. And I thought guard was an extra mode not an extra game.... Not amazing. But as long as the game is good that's all that matters. Actually thought olympics looks promising as well. And paper Mario, you never know with that serious, but that looked great.

The Wii u is on its arse. Everyone needs to realise that. 5his direct confirmed even more nx is a home console to me. 3ds is absolutely on fire ]. Wii u, not so much. But the people who complain most fiercely about the Wii u are also the ones who are demanding so much from the nx... I just think the Wii u being what it is is. In part. To help make the nx the best it can be. Pikmin 4 is blatantly getting moved over to it too I imagine, obviously Zelda, and obviously all their major studios.

Any ways, I thought that was a ridiculous amount of games, more content than I have time to play, and metroid haters, I think it looks great :)

Ive just finished watching it now. For me that was an amazing Direct! 3DS has gone into beast mode.

I can't believe how right that leak was about a lot of the stuff. Crazy!

I'll have to post more thoughts tomorrow as its bed time. :D

"Just fine".

It has graphical glitches (play a scrolling level on Yoshi's Island), massive audio glitches.

All 3DS system functions have to be deactivated in order to get them to run, including Sleep Mode when you close the device.

That is not to a level Nintendo would sell as a Virtual Console title. That's why we had none afterwards.

"Graphical Glitches"??? I'm running Yoshi's Island (as it is the game you quoted) at the moment and not expereincing any problems.

(Although I am using my N3DS)

Also Metroid Fusion uses a GBA sleep mode feature that causes it to work exactly like if you were closing the lid of the 3DS.

Which Yosh's Island has too I just found. Never knew that..lol

Also you missed the point of my post. It was that the 3DS does /did have GBA games (regardless of quality).

I hardly saw any Wii U games. That is what im disappointed about. The last two years for the Wii U have been dreadful.

In this direct I saw:

Amiibo

Amiibo

Buy our DLC

Games we knew about

Paper Mario

More amiibo

I hardly saw any Wii U games. That is what im disappointed about. The last two years for the Wii U have been dreadful.

In this direct I saw:

Amiibo

Amiibo

Buy our DLC

Games we knew about

Paper Mario

More amiibo

What paid dlc was there for Wii u?

And the only new amiibo announced were Kirkby ones... For a 3ds game... That bizarre jrpg, Mario and sonic, star fox, paper Mario.... And an incredible update to Mario maker.

Obviously not great, but havent we all accepted that they're not putting resources into the Wii u? Hasn't that been established now for a good year?

Would you prefer the, to release loads of Wii u games, or focus on nx for an amazing launch and window? Serious question.

The ideal situation would have been for them not to have given up on their home console half way through its lifespan.

Okaaaaaaaaaay...

It's like Nintendo have just discovered mechs, and have chosen to put them in everything.

I thought the Direct was actually pretty decent :smile:

It was good to see Starfox Zero again, even if it still doesn't seem quite as amazing as we all hoped, and Rhythm Paradise Megamix was a nice surprise considering how much I enjoyed the DS game :hehe:

Paper Mario looks pretty much as I would have expected. It initially appears more Sticker Star than The Thousand Year Door but that won't be a huge problem unless they don't fix some of the seriously annoying issues I had with the 3DS outing :shakehead

Federation Force was about the only thing on 3DS that I was really thinking about in 2016, even if I had kinda forgotten about it until recently :red: I still wouldn't say I'm excited about it, and the part of the Direct that specifically mentioned the C-Stick has me a little worried given my lack of New 3DS, but it would certainly provide me with something different on 3DS compared to what I currently own :hehe:

Not having a New 3DS is obviously an issue for the SNES VC games but it feels much too late for them at this stage and I don't imagine I would purchase any now, preferring to wait to see what the future of Nintendo's home and portable consoles provide : peace:

BTW, quick tip, if you do buy both SNES games, get Mario World first. It's a bit cheaper than Earthbound, so you'll save more money if the discount is applied to Earthbound.

Also, there's an option in the VC Menu called "Original Resolution"

NEVER TURN IT ON!

It squashes the visuals! And it looks horrible.

SNES games are supposed to be stretched to 4:3, that's how they're made!

The ideal situation would have been for them not to have given up on their home console half way through its lifespan.

So even though your biggest issue seems to be the lack of voice chat and online and such. You'd still prefer Nintendo to have stuck the Wii u out and ploughed their resources into that and kept it strong? Fair enough.

How many Wii U games do we know are still coming? Just trying to figure it out but my memory is terrible.

Zelda, Pokken, Paper Mario, Star Fox...

I know there's more but my mind has gone blank. Should probably go to bed!

I liked this Direct - The onslaught of March/April releases was a nice touch and I can slightly sense the direction of the company - even just through this Direct - seems to have been energised.

Paper Mario Colours - as long as its nothing like that Super Paper Mario on the Wii - is a game I would buy the console for.

Pokken and even Starfox looking good, I can see that Guard game being addictive. 8/10

Paper Mario looks boss! The visuals look INSANE! And the gameplay following in Sticker Star's footsteps is A-OK by me! :D

Starfox Guard looks legit as well! (100 levels! Online level sharing!) and SF Zero looks like the SF64 sequel I've always wanted (and what a surprise, the rumours were bunk ;) )

Hashtag FE lacking a dub is pure crap though. They're being cheap and they don't deserve praise for it (understandably so, considering the Japanese sales, but it's still crap). Coming out a LOT sooner than I expected though!

Speaking of which, glad to see FE Fates getting a good release slot and not being confined to the prison that is August.

Also, KIRBY!! RHYTHM PARADISE MEGAMIX!!! WOO!!! :D

Solid direct, even if most of it had leaked.

BTW, quick tip, if you do buy both SNES games, get Mario World first. It's a bit cheaper than Earthbound, so you'll save more money if the discount is applied to Earthbound.

Also, there's an option in the VC Menu called "Original Resolution"

NEVER TURN IT ON!

It squashes the visuals! And it looks horrible.

SNES games are supposed to be stretched to 4:3, that's how they're made!

This man speaks the truth! Turn on the Original Resolution option and I will personally shoot my fist through your 3DS screen and have it come out at your face in threeeedeeeeeee if you do!!!

In this direct I saw:

Amiibo

Amiibo

Buy our DLC

Games we knew about

Paper Mario

More amiibo

A bit harsh? I thought this was a fairly well-rounded display for games coming out before E3. Did you really expect them to announce unknown U titles here?

How many Wii U games do we know are still coming? Just trying to figure it out but my memory is terrible.

Zelda, Pokken, Paper Mario, Star Fox...

I know there's more but my mind has gone blank. Should probably go to bed!

That mental jrpg, Mario and sonic....errr, that's it. There's an NX sized hole