Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Weight Loss and Fitness 2016

Beast

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I quite fear Animal. Especially if he came at me in those slippers.

Especially for you, I'd chase you in my special Animal ones, haha

Animal doesn't fear calories, calories fear Animal.

That'll be my new quote for my signature. I love it! xD

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I smashed a shoulder work out before work this morning and just come back from a dinner time run. I'm feeling great! :D

Glad to see you smashing it again! :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I have kept the skeleton of my Push Pull Legs routine and reworked it to be very calisthenics heavy. It's really tough but also so much fun. I haven't had this much fun in the gym in a while.

Basically, I'm keeping the big two lifts, squats and bench (although I'm going to get deadlifts back in the too soon, I unintentionally dropped it when I was trying to switch to more bodyweight training). Along with those I'm doing progressions of super-sets...

pull-ups/dips

push-ups/rows

L-sits/planks

and then I paired this one together myself...

Handstand hip touch/yoga crow pose

If you want to see the progressions, this video is great.

I've already noticed some progress in my first couple weeks. My L-sit hold has gone from 10 seconds and shaking massively to 25 seconds. Likewise my Crow pose has improved, I can hold it for about 30 seconds now. I'm doing lots of different pull-ups instead of just wide-grip and I can do more of those. I can do a handstand hip touch...that's an achievement in itself but I plan to really work on slowing that down and getting closer to the wall.

Definitely feel like I've got the wind back in my sails a bit.

I've changed my diet quite a bit in the past few weeks.

I regularly eat vegetables and meat (mostly chicken) and use Shirataki noodles as a substitute for "regular" pasta.

Occasionally, I eat rice and "regular" pasta, though as I need that deliciousness :D

I don't drink any kinds of juices anymore. Reduces my sugar/calorie intake my soooo much.

Water and tea is all there is (except alcohol on certain occasions).

Managed to lose 5 kg in 5 months. Definitely not the greatest pace but it's something :)

I'm thinking about upping my fitness game. I was thinking I could do something like 100 pressups, 100 situps and 100 squats in the morning, then go for a 10km run in the evening when I get home from work.

Quite tough, but I reckon if I did that every day, I'd start to see the benefit pretty soon.

They're the best. I love them now.

And dips. I love doing them! Did them during my arms workout this morning before works. Dem feels in the triceps!! :D

Ya, I don't really know why I stopped doing them. They're really satisfying.

I do dips as well. Aside from bench and overhead pressing, they're the GOAT for triceps.

169ed45ee5ca7590a71d5acfc27b072d.jpg

It was 100 days yesterday that I started properly tracking weight loss, exercise and diet. I started about a few days-ish before but I was still demotivated about it all.

Oh and it says 11lb lost because when I started the account a year or two ago, I started it at 18st 5lb (?). I can't edit my proper starting weight but ah well

@Animal - How are you not fighting off all the wimmens? (and maybe even some men!)

I'm currently doing a calorie controlled intermittent fasting regime. During the weekend i'm just calorie controlled, during the week I eat from 5pm to 9pm. Wasn't losing weight doing uncontrolled IF, probably cause I'm not lifting yet (and therefore have no muscle advantage). Already lost 10lb this week wapooowwwww

Edited by Raining_again
Automerged Doublepost

Just maxed out the calf press machine at the gym (134kg).

I've always had really strong legs and back, but weak arms and chest. Trying to build up some pecs but I don't want to be a slave to the gym.

You don't have to be a slave to the gym. I do full body workouts about 3 times a week, maximum of 4. I'd look into that personally. It means you can hit all of the big muscle groups multiple times a week without meaning you have to spend every hour in the gym.

Since I've been on that, I've had more time to do other stuff. More time for games, more time to chill, more time to just enjoy life.

If I were to give an example:

Workout 1 - Squat, bench press, barbell row, shrugs, pull-ups, chin-ups, curls

Then have at least one day's rest before doing:

Workout 2 - Squat, overhead press, deadlift, stiff-legged deadlift, calf raises, dips.

Then repeat to workout 1 after a day's rest. So, you're lifting about 3 times a week, sometimes four if you really want to. The bold ones are the ones I never change. I'll change over my accessory exercises occasionally or leave them out if pushed for time or do extra if I have the time.

Legs have definitely come up looking decent, as have my chest and back. If legs aren't a priority for you, you could mix that routine up as you wish.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

@Animal - How are you not fighting off all the wimmens? (and maybe even some men!)

I'm currently doing a calorie controlled intermittent fasting regime. During the weekend i'm just calorie controlled, during the week I eat from 5pm to 9pm. Wasn't losing weight doing uncontrolled IF, probably cause I'm not lifting yet (and therefore have no muscle advantage). Already lost 10lb this week wapooowwwww

YES, RAINING! Well done on the loss!

As for me fighting off women, never happens :( wished it did though but I'm still not confident enough just yet but I think I'm getting there.

You don't have to be a slave to the gym. I do full body workouts about 3 times a week, maximum of 4. I'd look into that personally. It means you can hit all of the big muscle groups multiple times a week without meaning you have to spend every hour in the gym.

3 times a week is a lot for me. I go once or twice a week. But I also play badminton once a week, and would like to play squash and football also. So that would be a full week of exercise.

I know I could prioritise gym over the other sports, but I much prefer doing sports.

I know I could prioritise gym over the other sports, but I much prefer doing sports.

What, no! The best exercise is the one you're actually doing so as long as you do some exercise that you like and do that regularly, everything else is only added benefit.

3 times a week is a lot for me. I go once or twice a week. But I also play badminton once a week, and would like to play squash and football also. So that would be a full week of exercise.

Do the sports first if you enjoy them more and hit the gym as an extra. Twice a week would probably be fine due to you doing a full body workout. You'd be hitting every muscle group twice a week, so you'd see some changes there.

Do the sports first if you enjoy them more and hit the gym as an extra. Twice a week would probably be fine due to you doing a full body workout. You'd be hitting every muscle group twice a week, so you'd see some changes there.

I prioritise my tennis over weights. I just can't play properly when my legs or lower back (from deadlifts) is a bit sore, I feel very sluggish and struggle to get any real power or spin on my shots. It's amazing how much of it comes from your lower body. I basically don't do lower body the day before tennis as it doesn't work.

What, no! The best exercise is the one you're actually doing so as long as you do some exercise that you like and do that regularly, everything else is only added benefit.

Yeah I'll prioritise the sports as they're more of an enjoyment than just exercise.

I hope I see some results. Whenever I've done gym regimes before I see a lot of results in terms of being stronger and lifting more weight, but I don't really see results in term of looks (vain I know, but deep down it's important to us all). Not expecting to bulk up, but would like to look more toned.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!