NEurope
Beast

Weight Loss and Fitness 2016

It's that time again where we promise we are gonna go from Buddha bellies to ironing board six packs, to increase our fitness through strength and speed, to eat healthily and all that shit.

So guys, what are your goals? Ideal weight? Fitness or workout tips?

Share it with the group, we're all nosy bitches!

I'll post a challenge. Do this workout with your full name in mind.

3819861f0c71bd5395276bf81d1f6473.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Haha I did ask to keep the 2015 thread as it contains lots of tips and advice. We just need to change the name of the thread.

Hmm. We've had a new one every year, so I do see the sense in that. We could just have a link in the opening post that links back to the old thread.

Seems to make sense. New year, new start and all that.

Jesus, that challenge is evil! My name has 23 letters in it! :(

Went to the gym today (my gym offers an app with achievements in it, one was to exercise today - I might not have done it if that wasn't there), just to get over a lazy ass Christmas and New Year. Did 15 minutes of biking and then intervals of 1000, 800, 600, 400, 200 m rowing (with a couple of minutes' break between).

Went to the gym today (my gym offers an app with achievements in it, one was to exercise today - I might not have done it if that wasn't there), just to get over a lazy ass Christmas and New Year. Did 15 minutes of biking and then intervals of 1000, 800, 600, 400, 200 m rowing (with a couple of minutes' break between).

Sounds cool. Are we able to download the app?

Haha I did ask to keep the 2015 thread as it contains lots of tips and advice. We just need to change the name of the thread.

Ah shit, I didn't see. How's about we link the 2015 thread in the first post. That way, it's not lost and we still keep up the tradition of posting a new thread every year?

Sounds cool. Are we able to download the app

No, it's only for members of this gym. Also, the achievements are not so exciting - visit 5, 10, 25, 100 different centres, attend 5, 10, 25 etc. classes for each particular type of class, visit on particular days (day of December 24th and 31st for instance) or exercise every day for a year.

One thing is rather nice, though. "Weeks with no breaks from training", a simple counter that adds 1 for every week you enter the gym (it just has to be once a week for it to count). That's good motivation for me at least. I had it on 25 weeks since my vacation in July but they reset it on New Year, don't know why. They don't do that normally.

I've managed to maintain a fairly regular routine over Christmas and New Year which is good. I changed up my workouts and I'm now working on a PPL routine, in addition to the back exercises for my newly diagnosed winged scapula (one shoulder blade sticks out more than the other). I was at the physio on the 18th and given a few exercises to do to strengthen one side of my back. I've noticed a difference already which is fantastic.

Ali and I have also taken up badminton (I played a lot during school and also play tennis and table tennis but apart from PE at school, she's completely new to it). Was good fun on Saturday morning. Got another court booked for this weekend.

I kept the gym going all through Xmas. Only days I had off were the bank holidays (so three days). My diet was also not too bad, although there was a noticeable uptake in fried food but whatever, I gymed the fuck out of December so I think I balanced it out.

So today was my first gym session of 2016. I did chest and shoulders. For chest I did negatives on bench today, 3 sets at 110kg, so...

4x110

3x110

3x110

Was my first time doing negatives and I thought they were quite fun. It'll be interesting to see how the effect my normal bench.

Benedict Carl Cumberbatch?

So from yesterday I have been on it! Been to the gym and did chest yesterday and did back today. I walked it to and from the gym both times. Also went on a run yesterday too. I got a fitbit with my xmas money which is so far (I realise its only been two days) so far but I find that it motivates me. I've also been tracking my calories using MyFitnessPal

I also got weighed yesterday. I'm 6ft tall, weigh 16st 4ib and come at 29% body fat. Sickening I know!!

So basically I need to get cracking on. My journey now starts.

Is anyone on Instagram? I have just set a page up to use as a bit of a fitness blog. My username is Sharra_Blade87. Feel free to follow :). My page on myfitnesspal is Sharra87.

@Animal you not got a fitbit? They're great! If not, get one, add me and we can challenge each other.

I need all the motivation and help I can get with this.

Is anyone on Instagram? I have just set a page up to use as a bit of a fitness blog. My username is Sharra_Blade87. Feel free to follow :). My page on myfitnesspal is Sharra87.

I've given you a follow on the Instagramz.

What's your fitness plan? Do you have a target you're aiming for?

Edit: What do you use your FitBit for? I got the other half one and it's really motivated him but does it do anything else that you find particularly useful?

Edited by Daft

I've given you a follow on the Instagramz.

What's your fitness plan? Do you have a target you're aiming for?

Edit: What do you use your FitBit for? I got the other half one and it's really motivated him but does it do anything else that you find particularly useful?

Hmmmm not really. I just find it motivating to get your steps in. Its made me not catch the bus for example. You can compete against others that you add on the app.

It also connects to myfitness pal and also my running app too.

Bulk Powders having 30% if you use code 30NYR. Just bought myself 2 x 2.5 kg bags of whey protein (Chocolate cookies and chocolate mint flavour) and some beef biltong, whatever that is, to give it a try.

Also have a referral code too: DW68AT, gives you a fiver off a £15 order if you're a new customer. Not sure if it will work for several people, so grab it while ye can.

and some beef biltong, whatever that is, to give it a try.

Dried meat innit.

Dried meat innit.

I think so. I'm assuming it's a bit different to jerky which is a bit hit and miss when it comes to chewability.

Jerky is American, Biltong is South African. That's the only difference as far as I know...?

Haha, that's nothing, I want to see @Fierce_LiNk do this challenge.

Dude...

47 letters. Although, a few of the names could be shortened with variations of their spelling. I'm exhausted just thinking about typing out that workout routine! :shakehead

Do people actively note down what weights they're doing in the gym every visit? Like notepads full of sets and rep amounts; any other pertinent information?

Note down yes. Notepads no. The future is now, use an app :p

I've used an app many times. I feel it takes longer than just quickly jotting it down with a pen. Plus there's something rustic about finding those old workout notepads :heh:

I've used an app many times. I feel it takes longer than just quickly jotting it down with a pen. Plus there's something rustic about finding those old workout notepads :heh:

I use an app called 'Strong'. It's incredibly simple to use an only takes seconds to jot down what you've done which I do doing my rest (which it times).

Do people actively note down what weights they're doing in the gym every visit? Like notepads full of sets and rep amounts; any other pertinent information?

I use an app called FitNotes. It's brilliant, tbh. It's got a calender which actually colour codes the different body parts that you've worked that day, so leg exercises are one colour, chest is another, etc.

I love it. It's easy to input the information in and it's also very easy to see what your previous results were. It tells you if you've achieved a new PR, which is veeeeery good for your confidence. Without a doubt, it's made a difference to my workouts and it's made me far more competitive in lifting heavier than I have done before.

You can also input new exercises quite easily. So, if you have an exercise that isn't already listed, you can input this in. You can also record cardio on it, too. It's far better than just doing it from memory. Much better to look down and see the evidence right there and then that you've definitely improved since last week or month or even year.