Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Weight Loss and Fitness 2016

Beast

KRad1982... although I'll not really use it too much myself I must admit. I should have you guys grief me on there for my laziness at the gym, I don't go enough, that could be motivation! Haha

I followed you. You weren't on my list so I did a search. POST STUFF! :o

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I followed you. You weren't on my list so I did a search. POST STUFF! :o

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

@kav82 doesn't really need any encouragement to post selfies. He's now on instagram, the floodgates have opened! Await the filters, black and white photos, the photos where matching clothes are worn but the background is black and white etc etc.

Get the sick bucket ready ;)

Love you really mate :)

I've no before/after pics as, contrary to @Blade's comment (the cheeky bugger), I don't actually take many selfies and whatnot.

I'm not sure if I have the ticket anymore from when I first weighed myself when I started going to the gym but I'll have a look and see. I'll post my progress as well as times I slack (like yesterday and today) so you can go on at me, haha.

Oh, and I don't watch my diet in any way, I'm still eating whatever I fancy... that'll not change!

In August (roughly) I weighed in at 79.9kg with 24% body fat, 5'9" in height.

My last weigh in was 5th of Feb and it was 82.3kg (if I recall correctly) and 18% body fat..: same height, obviously.

...I must admit, throughout December I didn't go to the gym once and I ate so much crap! Haha

Edited by Kav

I picked up a FitBit because I wanted a better idea of what my expenditure outside the gym was so I could adjust my calorie intake appropriately. It's pretty neat. I thought my heartbeat would go up more while lifting weights.

I just bought a selfie-stick so I can't comment.

:blank:

There's even proof you did too. You disgust me.

jk jk, much love.

Month 3 of eating better/gym going. I'm impressed I'm still on the gym/weight warpath.

My hardest thing has been cutting sugar out of my tea, the water is hard here and 5 years on I still can't find myself liking it. Bah! :hmm:

Today I did 100 squats in the gym. 10 sets of 10 at 60kg (that's a total weight of 6,000kg squatted :D ). Took 60 second rests, bat the last couple.

Fuck a duck that was tough.

Think I'm going to alternate strength with volume every week.

There's even proof you did too. You disgust me.

jk jk, much love.

Month 3 of eating better/gym going. I'm impressed I'm still on the gym/weight warpath.

My hardest thing has been cutting sugar out of my tea, the water is hard here and 5 years on I still can't find myself liking it. Bah! :hmm:

Try an artificial sweetener instead maybe?

A lot of artificial sweeteners can be even worse for you than sugar. :shakehead

I'm no expert on them, all I know is that I try to avoid anything artificial in food where possible. ::shrug:

----------------------------------------

On the topic of weight, I haven't lost any weight recently to my knowledge - which in my case is a good thing as there isn't much to me - but then I don't think I've put any on either, then again I should get back on Wii Fit or something and actually check I suppose. :hmm:

I feel OK though, generally better recently for eating well, keeping hydrated and although I don't go to the gym I do try and keep active throughout the day where possible but I always feel as if I could improve things further in my life a bit, ultimately though I don't feel too bad these days. :smile:

Today I did 100 squats in the gym. 10 sets of 10 at 60kg (that's a total weight of 6,000kg squatted :D ). Took 60 second rests, bat the last couple.

Fuck a duck that was tough.

Think I'm going to alternate strength with volume every week.

German Volume Training?

I've been tempted to try that, but it sounds absolutely fucking exhausting.

As S.C.G said, they can be pretty terrible. I've mostly cut it down to one or two cups of tea with half a teaspoon in them now. Compared to my embarrassingly 7-8 cups a day (small cups mind you) at work with sugar in all of them..

:blush:

I've never seen anything that suggested sweeteners were worse than sugar.

Here is a link to an NHS article suggesting they are fine.

Here is a paper which showed that test subjects who had sweetener put on less weight, had lower blood pressure, and had less fat mass than subjects who had sucrose.

Obviously drinking tea with neither is probably the best bet though. Have you tried using filtered water to get rid of the hard taste?

I popped into Morrisons this evening to grab a few little bits, and fancied a snack. My two choices were a bag of peanut M and M's, or a little box of blueberries.

I chose...the blueberries! Feel like I've made a grown up decision :)

I don't know how you managed that, Peanut M&Ms are the shit! I'd have crumbled!

I've had a few shittu days where I have not feeling arsed. Not ate crap though so thats a bonus. I'm frustrated that I don't seem to be noticing any improvement and its taking forever.

Keep going matey, you're looking good on Instagram (yes I'm perving on you) and eventually it will hit you! About 10 years ago I was 3 stone heavier than I am now, and I spent an entire summer (May-Sept) shedding that by running most days and eating sensibly.

My weight can still fluctuate depending on my mood, but if you keep at it you'll get to where you want :)

I don't know how you managed that, Peanut M&Ms are the shit! I'd have crumbled!

Still in a bit of a daze about it; I really, really fancied the M and M's as well, it was very much a matter of mind over tummy/taste buds!

I have been ill for four days and I am so frustrated that I can't work out. Seriously, I can't help but think that I've put on so much weight, which is stupid but I can't help thinking it. Also, it doesn't help that I'm ill because all I ever crave when I'm ill is milk chocolate brazil nuts, milk chocolate peanuts and toffee popcorn.

Also, I was in the same boat as @Blade until I did the comparison photo and now I know there's a difference in me. Instagram really does keep you on form. I think you may have started a revolution here, Blade. I think all us N-Eers on this thread should have their own fitness Instagram!

@Kaepora_Gaebora, what's your Insta?

I have been ill for four days and I am so frustrated that I can't work out. Seriously, I can't help but think that I've put on so much weight, which is stupid but I can't help thinking it. Also, it doesn't help that I'm ill because all I ever crave when I'm ill is milk chocolate brazil nuts, milk chocolate peanuts and toffee popcorn.

Also, I was in the same boat as @Blade until I did the comparison photo and now I know there's a difference in me. Instagram really does keep you on form. I think you may have started a revolution here, Blade. I think all us N-Eers on this thread should have their own fitness Instagram!

@Kaepora_Gaebora, what's your Insta?

JonathanBStanley, although be warned there are no fitness pictures on there, it's just utter nonsense, frankly...

I've had a few shittu days where I have not feeling arsed. Not ate crap though so thats a bonus. I'm frustrated that I don't seem to be noticing any improvement and its taking forever.

Suck it up mother fucker!

Seriously, it happens. Just draw a line under it. Pick a day, maybe Monday – so you can fresh start to the week – and get going again. In the meantime, don't get frustrated or beat yourself up or feel bad, just chill. You've worked super hard. Just enjoy this break but promise yourself come Monday that you're going to be back on it, better than ever.

Remember, this is all about the long game; the longer you keep this up, the easier it will become. Annoyingly that's usually off-set by pushing yourself harder BUT there comes a point where this health bollocks stops being something you're trying to do and just becomes something you just do.

And you definitely look better. It's really hard to see progression in yourself. And I'm super proud of you, so don't let me down.

Being ill blows, but again, it happens. Just listen to your body and take it easy. And the week when you're back doing exercise, take it lightly. There's nothing more frustrating than prolonging your recovery because you jump back in too soon.

Also, stop eating sugar, it increases inflammation when you're ill. Seriously, sugar is addictive. It is a drug and you are an addict. Try and not eat sugar for a month and tell me what you think. One of the best things I ever did was minimise my sugar intake.

German Volume Training?

I've been tempted to try that, but it sounds absolutely fucking exhausting.

Yeah, alternating weeks. One week I'm doing strength training, the next volume.

Same with Bench on PPL. Monday I do strength training, Thursday I go for volume. I happily did 8 reps on bench at 95kg today. Super pleased.

Edited by Daft

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!