Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Serebii

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait its only a teaser? damn guess i can watch at work then and get away with it

3min trailer..........oh boy is there going to be fallout over the internet over this, people will get something wrong or just hate whats shown

But either way i've got my ticket and a train to catch, choo choo mo fo

Maybe it'll just be 3 minutes focusing on the detachable controllers so we don't get confused about what it is or anything...

I'm inclined to believe Tphi that Mario NX will be there, either that or Eurogamer is going to have been wrong about everything to date and very embarrassed.

I think there's enough to suggest Mario (and maybe others) will be shown, but just trying to counter-balance the "IT'S GOING TO BE THE BEST REVEAL EVER" hype that comes before every reveal that leads to some disappointment :heh:

I do wonder how much detail we're getting and if/when there's going to be a bigger reveal. The timing of the latter may help offset any "oh was that it?" feelings for today's if it is just a teaser. But I'm expecting a look at form factor, USP and maybe just Mario as an example of how it can be done and then a proper reveal at a later date with stuff like release date, specs, cost, software etc.

wait its only a teaser? damn guess i can watch at work then and get away with it

3min trailer..........oh boy is there going to be fallout over the internet over this, people will get something wrong or just hate whats shown

But either way i've got my ticket and a train to catch, choo choo mo fo

They should be fine as long as they avoid the pitfalls of the wii u reveal. That was 5 mins and a total disaster.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=Zt1s7yAqs80

As other's have said, 3 minutes is and isn't a long time to announce something, they've got to be succinct and as clear as they can be about what the console is and where it's aiming to position itself. I know it's being pressed as a teaser but if they can't match those points off the bat with the trailer they're putting out then they'll get stick for not being able to convey the message effectively and will be a little on the back foot going forward with the rest of (read: the full) reveal later on.

The main hope is that they've got the message streamlined and clear and it'll need to be. I suspect it'll be the equivalent of a sizzle reel like they would do with 3rd party titles during their Directs, highlight some key aspects of the hardware, give a glimpse of what we can expect from a couple of games (thereby highlighting graphical capabilities) and then give a date at the end for when the full reveal will happen. It's Nintendo so while they may lead off the bat with games like Mario NX and Zelda, I wouldn't be shocked to see a surprise of something, even just as a short 5 second glimpse, to tease what's coming down the line with a brand new title/IP or a third party title that you wouldn't have expected to hit the console.

I'm interested to see the message and what they've got to bring to the table. I'm more or less set as I am with my current game setup but doesn't mean I'm not interested in the wider market and how Nintendo step up to the plate. Personally, I don't think I'll be "wowed" but I think I'll be at least pleasantly surprised. That's my stance on what's to come.

So after more snide comments, it turns out she was absolutely right. I'm SHOCKED!!!!! Seriously, no one is THAT confident and ballssy if they don't know, why people need to bitch I have no idea either way; it's what makes all the pre stuff exciting and interesting. Lets see if her whol NX details are right.

Anyways, exciting, but disappointing it's only 3 minutes, I worry it's more of a tease than anything leaving us even more frustrating.... was going to give a sex analogy but felt better not...

Anyways, bring it on, let's hope we see more than an ECU of mario!!!

I presume - New name, show off the console and controller and how the hybrid works, then a new parkour styled mario, and then a date for the big info explosion!!

Yet despite him calling it the new Nintendo system right at the start, people were all "hurr it's a peripheral?"

He also said it was an "emphatic absolute" that the console would be right for everyone and it would be utopian so...

He said it was a new console once. Arguably the phrase "this is the new controller for Wii [pause] U" didn't help. There was a sufficient gap for it to sound like the controller was called "U" and it was "the new controller for Wii".

The rest of the video...

Switch from TV to the New Controller

Draw on the New Controller

Play only on the New Controller

Use Motion to Control with the New Controller

Get New Views with the New Controller

Stay Fit with the New Controller

Take Aim with the New Controller

Play Across the New Controller to Your TV

Make Video Calls with the New Controller

Browse with the New Controller

Share From the New Controller to TV

Get more Detail with the New Controller

It also doesn't help the console itself is seen from a distance and looks like the Wii anyway and the majority of the games they showed didn't seem particularly more technically impressive than Wii games (they showed a bloody game of Draughts come on)!

But we'll see if they've learnt.

Really? I can think of plenty of people that confident and ballsy and dead wrong. Hell usually they run for and attain political positions.....

Haha, true, but i mean with such specificity, she was so confident, got stuff right before, laid out an incredibly detail post on what the nx is that it HAS to be true!!

We'll see.... just imagine of it's not a hyrbrid and the powerful home console that some think it is!!

I think it's just going to be a teaser with a full reveal date at the end. I've said this for a while now, they needed to get something out before their investors meeting next week because they will not remain silent if they were still hush hush.

My guess is that it will be something similar to how the Wii's controller was revealed, lots of shots of people 'playing' something and then the main distinguishing feature of the console shown at the end.

Probably yeah. I'd still expect some supplementary details on the main site though. We're supposed to be getting the reveal of Beyond Good and Evil 2 for NX as an exclusive at the same time as the NX reveal itself and I'm pretty sure that won't fit into the 3 minute slot...

Ok that could be part of a later video, but the rumour/leak did say the NX "reveal", which would rightfully be today, so...

How many of those Wii peripherals were Nintendo? Like three.

These were all real peripherals...

Anyway for those interested, the official NOE "press release" says the following:

Visit http://www.nintendo.co.uk at 16:00 CEST (3pm UK time) for a first look at Nintendo’s next gaming platform, codenamed NX. This preview trailer will serve as Nintendo’s preliminary announcement of information regarding the platform.

(that's the whole thing btw)

Still saying codenamed and describe it as "preliminary announcement".

These were all real peripherals...

Anyway for those interested, the official NOE "press release" says the following:

(that's the whole thing btw)

Still saying codenamed and describe it as "preliminary announcement".

Of course they'd say codenamed NX since it's not the actual name.

Plus they announced this as a preview trailer, hence why it's 3 minutes

They totally jumped the gun though, it was meant to happen when @S\.C\.G reached Hunter Rank 64.5 in MonHun Generations!

There's still time... :blank:

*realises that it's in three hours*

There's no time, there's no time! :shakehead

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted. :)

Soon it will be time for the real speculation to begin! :D

:bouncy:Hype!:bouncy:Hype!:bouncy:Hype!:bouncy:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!