NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Surprised no one's mentioned this yet. Good news for all, I assume :D

Welcome to 2006 Nintendo! I hope they see what we've previously bought and let us have them... without having to pay... again!

Edited by Kav

Good news! :)

I played Super Mario Kart again with my brother last night and it makes me excited to have it at such convenience again on Switch with countless other classics :love:

Obviously I haven't got the console yet and we're missing loads of information but I feel like I'll be going to town on the Switch Virtual Console :yay:

I played Super Mario Kart again with my brother last night and it makes me excited to have it at such convenience again on Switch with countless other classics :love:

Obviously I haven't got the console yet and we're missing loads of information but I feel like I'll be going to town on the Switch Virtual Console :yay:

I'd be amazed if this isn't one of the games they add online multiplayer to as a perk for the online subscription.

Is anyone worried by the fact that they only mention "re-linking" to a console. Could very easily mean that it only applies to games bought on that console (so, if you delete the account and then add it back, you can access your games again).

Doesn't confirm that you can easily move stuff to another console.

I'd be amazed if this isn't one of the games they add online multiplayer to as a perk for the online subscription.

That would be awesome but where did this information about online support in old titles originally come from? I've heard it mentioned a number of times (always referencing Super Mario Kart :grin:) but still seem to have something in my head telling me that it may all have emerged from a misinterpretation.. :blank:

Playing multiplayer in Super Mario Kart is one of my absolute favourite things to do in gaming, particularly taking on the challenge of beating 150cc together! To have the opportunity to experience it more regularly thanks to online play would be a dream :love:

That would be awesome but where did this information about online support in old titles originally come from?

From their Official website;

Monthly game download

Subscribers will get to download and play a Nintendo Entertainment System™ (NES) or Super Nintendo Entertainment System™ (Super NES) game (with newly-added online play) for free for a month.

That would be awesome but where did this information about online support in old titles originally come from? I've heard it mentioned a number of times (always referencing Super Mario Kart :grin:) but still seem to have something in my head telling me that it may all have emerged from a misinterpretation.. :blank:

Subscribers will get to download and play a Nintendo Entertainment System™ (NES) or Super Nintendo Entertainment System™ (Super NES) game (with newly-added online play) for free for a month.

Don't see how it can be interpreted as anything else really.

EDIT: Beaten. You'd think at 10 to 2 in the morning, that wouldn't happen in a mostly European forum.

Edited by Glen-i

From their Official website;

Happy days :yay: Hopefully online play will be added to some N64 titles too, even if those aren't available as a free game for subscribers on a given month!

I also hope the online options are somehow seamlessly incorporated into the original menus of their respective games :smile:

I also hope the online options are somehow seamlessly incorporated into the original menus of their respective games :smile:

That would be very cool. It seems like quite a lot of work to implement online into NES/SNES games, should be fun to see how they go about it.

https://www.konami.com/games/bomberman/r/us/en/page/controller/

Looks like Switch officially supports at least 8 Joycons being connected to one Switch!

With the right setup, you could theoretically have 64 player local games :o

Who is getting this? Without doubt one the greatest multiplayer games buto seriously overpriced, however it would be worth it for some N-europe league battles.

Is anyone worried by the fact that they only mention "re-linking" to a console. Could very easily mean that it only applies to games bought on that console (so, if you delete the account and then add it back, you can access your games again).

Doesn't confirm that you can easily move stuff to another console.

Why would anybody got to the trouble of unlinking their account going to a friends house and linking to that Switch and then downloading games. It's a portable console just take it with you.

Who is getting this? Without doubt one the greatest multiplayer games buto seriously overpriced, however it would be worth it for some N-europe league battles.

Hell yes I am getting it. Loves me a good Bomberman game :)

Triggering me :p

eShop stuff has been linked to accounts for years. Problem is the accounts were locked to devices.

I'd call it an exaggeration, and suggest that anyone who disliking aspects of it give the Xbox One UI a spin. Even on the S it's sluggish and prone to freezing/stuttering and menus are even more convoluted to me.

As long as the UI is functional I can't say I care much. But for me functionality includes running smoothly.

I really don't agree with this. As an Xbox One user more than any other gaming platform, if the Switch UI and features came even slightly close then I can guarantee everyone in here would be delighted.

It's not particularly sluggish for me, even on an old original X1, and I don't find it convulated at all. It certainly is packed with features though and in no way does simplicity or speed justify no friends lists, achievements etc.

We might be surprised yet but there's simplicity because of clever design and then there's simplicity because of it being very basic. Hopefully the former!

I'm on the fence due to the price, but I just remembered I have a bunch of GAME reward points I might use to get it.

I'm pissed off st the price. But I'll get it. Love it!! And great diversion to epic Zelda sessions.

Triggering me :p

eShop stuff has been linked to accounts for years. Problem is the accounts were locked to devices.

Ipso facto they are tied to devices, not accounts. It's all well and good saying it's been linked to accounts for years, but if that account is linked to a device it means diddly squat.

Ipso facto they are tied to devices, not accounts. It's all well and good saying it's been linked to accounts for years, but if that account is linked to a device it means diddly squat.

Not really ipso facto. the account can be unlinked from the device and then linked to a different device. The software would follow the account. So it doesn't really mean diddly squat. just almost.

Capcom gave a talk at the Game Creators Conference in Japan earlier and some interesting tidbits about Switch development came out of it. Initially Nintendo were going to put less RAM in the device but at the request of Capcom (and presumably other devs) they increased the amount to 4GB. Capcom also stated that it only took them 2 man-months to port their engine MT Framework to the Switch, compared with 15 & 16 man months for the Wii U and 3DS respectively, so development for the Switch seems much simpler than for past consoles.

It was also revealed that Switch dev kits cost about 50,000 yen ($500 US) so the point of entry is much lower for indie developers than the $2500 + that it cost to develop for the Wii U, so there are a lot of positive signs.

@killthenet Thats absolutely brilliant, its almost at a 'no-brainer' point to port or create games for the Switch if thats the case. Capcom though, have they ever giving a reason as to why they didn't port RE7?

Why would anybody got to the trouble of unlinking their account going to a friends house and linking to that Switch and then downloading games. It's a portable console just take it with you.

The main thing people want is to be able to move games to a replacement console without relying on customer support.

Not really ipso facto. the account can be unlinked from the device and then linked to a different device.

We'll need to wait for Nintendo to clarify that. The fine print people are posting doesn't state that you can, it's vague and open for interpretation.

The main thing people want is to be able to move games to a replacement console without relying on customer support.

We'll need to wait for Nintendo to clarify that. The fine print people are posting doesn't state that you can, it's vague and open for interpretation.

it would be smarter for Nintendo.. I don't understand why they don't build it into the Wii U. I can see a few reasons but... yeah...