NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

So what have people ordered then, those of you who have decided to purchase day one?

I've gone for:

Switch in Grey.

Zelda BOTW.

Pro Controller.

Toying with the idea of buying a Joy Con charge stand (charges 4), the neon Joy Con set, a zip case for the Switch on the go, tempered glass screen protector, and Bomberman, but I am not made of money and that will work out at one hell of a launch cost.

I could get by with just the console and Zelda but I want the Pro Controller so it's always there for gaming with the TV.

What about you lot then?

Ive gone for:

Grey Switch (preordered since Oct - didnt wanna risk it for the red and blue version)

BOTW

1-2 Switch

I Am Setsuna will be my next game - wanted to get accustomed to the joycon grip before the pro controller.

- Neon Switch

- Grey joy-cons

- Charging grip

- Pro controller

- Case

- 200GB microSD

- Extra charger

- Zelda

- 1, 2 Switch (digital)

- Snake Pass, Binding of Isaac, Fast RMX, SnipperClips, Shovel Knight (that's March sorted)

Yeah my bank account is going to be a disaster...

Shit me Ronnie!

You've gone all in then! :grin:

I forgot about SD card, I'll get one from CarPhoneWarehouse on discount for cheap. 128GB should do me for now.

I really want the neon Joy-Cons, but wallet.

Shit me Ronnie!

You've gone all in then! :grin:

I forgot about SD card, I'll get one from CarPhoneWarehouse on discount for cheap. 128GB should do me for now.

I really want the neon Joy-Cons, but wallet.

I wish I had your restraint!

The extra joycons, charging grip and extra charger are novelty purchases I don't really need, but oh well.

I've gone for exactly the same as you Aneres, my brother is getting a Switch too so i'll probably give him some money towards 1 2 Switch. I'll be picking up Snipperclips and Fast RMX as soon as they hit the eshop, but will probably wait until i've finished Zelda before buying Shovel Knight, I think Snipperclips and Fast RMX will be enough to fill the downtime between BOTW sessions anyway. Will definitely wait on getting an SD card for a while too because there are only a few digital titles I plan on picking up in the first couple of months so shouldn't have any trouble with storage.

Currently I'm like Ronnie but an extra set of coloured joycons ;for all grey, all red, all blue, mix and match combos) and bomberman.

Tempted to cancel the extra coloured joycons for another date though. Seems a tad excessive.

@david\.dakota is probably going the most mental though. Two switchs!!

People actually use screen protectors? Interesting....

Alle sammen!

Haha :P. I love the small Norwegian boosts from you King_V!

So what have people ordered then, those of you who have decided to purchase day one?

I'll keep it simple with jus a Neon Switch, Zelda BotW and a tiny 32 GB card. Thats all I need for now.

I Am Setsuna will be my next game

This! And Arms and Rime.

It has taken a while to build up, a lot of it from the past fifteen years or so and while I've purchased many of the games and merchandise from new it's only really within the past few years that I've really thought about properly preserving it all, plus having the games there ready to play so that I may have a hope of clearing my backlog someday. : peace:

That is indeed a Lloyd figure, all the other characters are there too, well the ones which make up this set anyway, the crazy thing is, I just checked and I only paid around £20 for the set many years ago but it'd be tricky to get that set again for anything like that now so I count myself lucky that I got the set when I did; the same goes for the console keychains as well. :)

With the Switch I really want to build up a comprehensive collection of really fantastic games for the machine, so I figured I'd need a decent space to dedicate to them. :D

Though I did buy a few Wii U games, I never really got the same sense of pride that came from seeing a whole row of titles - just like with the Wii - not like with GameCube games or 3DS titles but the Switch seems to be a return to having excellent box design to go with a hopefully excellent console which should see some really excellent games and I just can't wait to be part of it from the start. :smile:

Haha I somehow didn't see the connection with the other characters, I just saw Lloyd and got ridiculously excited. My mind is kind of a Hazy Maze Cave in regards to that game now :laughing:

I'm glad you managed to find space for Switch games now though! (You didn't happen to find Sonic&All-Stars Racing Transformed in that time did you? :p) It's a shame you weren't a fan of the WiiU boxes, the sky blue felt so nice, every time I look at the shelf I just think...

I see your point though, there is something nice about the slightly smaller PSVita type boxes, my favourite being the Japanese Gamecube ones :love:

Edited by Josh64

Oh, are we doing lists of how many things we're getting on Switch Day?

Right, I'll jump in on that.

I'm getting...

giphy.gif

Surely at launch if you're going physical on most games, it's really not worth picking up a (big) micro SD yet until your internal storage is getting full? Micro SDs will just get cheaper/more storage for less money, so if you put off the purchase of one until you need one, surely that's a better idea and spreading the cost a bit?

And doesn't everyone have a ton of 4/8/16GB micro SDs lying around that can tide you over until you really need a large one?

My plan is still the same...

I'm going all in for the Switch! :awesome:

Nintendo Switch Console with Grey Joy-Con

Neon Red Joy-Con (L) and Neon Blue Joy-Con ®

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller X2

Nintendo Switch Accessory Set

Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Charging Grip

Nintendo Switch Power Adapter

Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Controller Strap (Red)

Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Controller Strap (Blue)

Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Wheel Pair

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Limited Edition)

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

ARMS

Nintendo had better step their game up on the Virtual Console release schedule because I'll be ready. : peace:

I'm going to try not to think about the price though. :blush:

...buy everything! :wink:

regret NOTHING! :p

Surely at launch if you're going physical on most games, it's really not worth picking up a (big) micro SD yet until your internal storage is getting full? Micro SDs will just get cheaper/more storage for less money, so if you put off the purchase of one until you need one, surely that's a better idea and spreading the cost a bit?

And doesn't everyone have a ton of 4/8/16GB micro SDs lying around that can tide you over until you really need a large one?

Yeah no point in getting one until your internal memory is full. Longer you wait, cheaper they get.

Haha :P. I love the small Norwegian boosts from you King_V!

Tusen takk! Jeg prover, I vil bord i Oslo i Juli so jeg snokker miere (sp)...:blush:

Oh and one more thing...

xsGRJnn.gif

...a 200GB micro SDXC card.

Plus Super Bomberman R of course

I'm taking no chances. :D

So far I've got:

-Grey Switch

-Breath of the Wild

-1-2 Switch

-Pro Controller

-Hori hard case

I had two £50 Amazon vouchers from work, so the last 3 items ended up costing me £13 and I'm doing the BOTW deal in GAME for £320, so £333 all in for that package isn't bad at all! I'm owed another £50 voucher from work and I'm contemplating getting a set of the neon joy-cons if it comes in time for launch, I don't really need them but they look SO awesome, and I won't say no for £25. I'm not bothering with an SD card until I really need one. On top of that, I'm sure I'll pick up a couple of e-shop titles and

"VC titles, if they're actually ready for launch"

Getting really excited now, I cannot wait to play Zelda. I've started avoiding stuff on it because I don't want spoilers, but the idea that I can pick up the game and literally head in any direction I please is making me feel like a child again. Nothing beats a new Nintendo console launch. :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Oh, are we doing lists of how many things we're getting on Switch Day?

Right, I'll jump in on that.

I'm getting...

giphy.gif

In that case Switch day comes about twice a week for me.

from that quote, Nintendo are saying nothing.. I presume the spokesperson hadn't been told the answer to the question and very successfully said nothing with lots of words.

If I understand correctly, the system you would prefer them to have would mean that, say for instance you buy BotW digitally, and I buy splatoon 2 digitally... we share passwords, set each other up as sub accounts on our respective switchs and I could play your BotW and you could play my Splatoon 2?

More like imagine a father has a son and they both have switches. MS and Sony allow you to setup a primary account and also a sub account on 2nd console which can also access the primary accounts software library. Pretty nice feature for families so you haven't got to buy the same game multiple times digitally. Sony and MS don't let people abuse it either as they limit it to two systems. There has to be some perk with buying digital and I think that's fair.

Worrying if Nintendo don't support this and instead expect people to buy the same game multiple times.

That's anti consumer.

Edited by khilafah

I've gone for:

Switch in Grey.

Zelda BOTW.

Pro Controller.

Pretty much the same..

Pre-ordered:

- Grey Switch

- Zelda

- Pro controller

- Pouch

The pouch is imported, so I won't actually get it on launchday.

I'm not in a hurry to order an SD card, I can do that a day before launch. Leaning towards a Sandisk 128 GB, but may opt for 256 GB.

Other considerations for March only:

- Shovel Knight is a definite purchase.

- Zelda season pass is a definite purchase.

- I am Setsuna is looking likely, then again, I'm not going to play it while I'm still playing Zelda, so I may delay it for a month or so.

- Bomberman is not looking likely. It looks like the best early multiplayer party game, but then again, it doesn't look like it does anything more or better than the Bomberman game I have on Wii VC. If the game had the actual artstyle it has for the opening cinematic, I may have gotten it purely for that. May consider it on sale.

- Snipperclips is not looking likely. I can actually see the fun of it, but mostly when playing together, and that's the problem. On the other hand, it may be the perfect excuse to ask random girls if they want to do a puzzle game together. Hmm. Maybe I should get it just in case.

The other launch / March games are not being considered. Well, maybe Fast rmx.

Why are people listing non launch day stuff?

Has Nintendo mentioned cloud saves for switch?

Not specifically. Like with everything. But in the leaked documentation it seemed to imply cloud saves were a thing.

I've just preordered grey Switch and Zelda. I'll buy a case and screen protector day one as I'll take it travelling.

Down the line I'll definitely get some neon joycons and pro controller once there are more games.

What's this about a season pass for Zelda?

I've just preordered grey Switch and Zelda. I'll buy a case and screen protector day one as I'll take it travelling.

Down the line I'll definitely get some neon joycons and pro controller once there are more games.

What's this about a season pass for Zelda?

Zelda's getting DLC. Various things like a Switch Shirt, new Story Scenario, new modes, new dungeons, etc.

@david\.dakota is probably going the most mental though. Two switchs!!

This is true. Mine (grey) and a "family one" (Neon) for everyone else. Should we, somehow, be able to share purchases we are likely to end up with one each by Christmas.

Has Nintendo mentioned cloud saves for switch?

I've little doubt it'll be part of the paid online service.

Grey Switch

Neon Joy Cons

Joy Con Straps

BotW

1-2 Switch

LoZ amiibo

When it's out: Snipperclips

Unsure about: Premium carrying case (for long trips/vacations)

Joy Con grip, extra chargers, SD (I think I should get used to my initial setup to find out which accessories I really need or make gaming on the Switch a lot more comfortable