NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Outrageous! What mode do you play if you don't like Ultimate Team?

i actually just play friendlies, but I'd rather plan seasons, online, manager, literally any other mode than Ultimate team. I hate the mode.

We've been over this. I've found posts before iPads were even a thing :heh:

I was an early tester for the device....

i actually just play friendlies, but I'd rather plan seasons, online, manager, literally any other mode than Ultimate team. I hate the mode.

I was an early tester for the device....

Ultimate team is the reason fifa still to this day doesn't play like a real football game. It makes EA so much money that actually trying to make the game realistic is bottom of the agenda. People love ultimate team which has a detrimental effect on the development of fifa.

I love ultimate team, can't see what's not to like. I've never really played Fifa in depth until 16, prior to that it was just lads nights tournaments, but I'm amazed at how much is wrong with the game. You would think with yearly updates it would not be littered with problems. Why don't people like Ultimate Team?

My Ultimate team is already in the game :D

Personally I just love playing spurs' upcoming matches, that's kind of it. I enjoyed playing with people here in a team, be good to do that on Switch. And then just playing with my mates. It's not a game I want to invest loads of time in - all that above is already enough.

My Ultimate team is already in the game :D

Personally I just love playing spurs' upcoming matches, that's kind of it. I enjoyed playing with people here in a team, be good to do that on Switch. And then just playing with my mates. It's not a game I want to invest loads of time in - all that above is already enough.

Anyway... about that rematch.

I did enjoy playing on the same team with guys but my player had not been levelled up so was useless.

Ugh... all this FIFA talk... I just want a nice tight PES 2018, theres really no reason for it not being on the Switch. I've spent 100s of hours on the Steam version.

Somehow it didnt even occur to me how suitable those side catches are for clipping it into VR.

This could be such an incredibly cheap entry into VR gaming. Google and Samsung have offerings like this that are £40-60.

I was so excited at the prospect of VR on Switch but after reading a bunch of comments about it apparently it would be far too weak to perform VR and that's even before the screen resolution problems. 1080p looks really bad on VR so the switch 720 wouldn't be feasible.

It's insane that some customers have got them this early, they don't seem to have received any games though so can't give any real impressions.

It's all getting so close now, need to make sure I've got all the money ready in my account.

Altano has clarified it's not review hardware

Hi everyone! To clarify, we are NOT receiving our Switch review units just yet. Nintendo is just in the building for some meetings and such. Soon, though! Thanks!

Also some guy on gaf has apparently received an early copy. He said he was uploading video of the UI about half an hour ago but seems to have vanished, so I'm not sure how legit this low res shot he put up is:

cFVLfMF.jpg

A bigger issue with compression is that it requires decompression and that comes at a cost. Something somewhere has to run slower. When a game is capable of running at say 70fps 1080p, it's not a huge problem if it takes a 8-11fps hit, people generally won't notice a difference (so long as the 11fps dips are rare and not sustained). If the game is pushing the hardware though, and only manages 60fps at 1080p, an 8-11fps dip would be noticeable.

All these numbers are totally arbitrary, but just to demonstrate a point that fixing a flaw with one technique tends to shift the burden to a different piece of the hardware.

Better to make a 64Gb card available really. Or perhaps Nintendo have incorporated some compression/decompression directly into the hardware already.

Interesting, didn't think that it could affect frame rate. I'm sure that the game card size limits will increase over time as flash prices go down so compression will become less of an issue.

Has anyone who ordered the Switch and Zelda bundle from GAME had confirmation that they'll receive it at launch yet? I tried asking on online chat a couple of weeks ago but they said they didn't have numbers yet. :/

Wow that looks lovely! Really fast to navigate and a nice clean design. The sounds effects are very 'Nintendo'.

Where's the music!? I want my backing menu music! We better get some in the release version firmware!

Otherwise it looks the bollocks! So fast, responsive, smooth, clean, modern! Just looks great all round! :D

Themes confirmed as well!

Here's the video

https://vid.me/oQkO

I'm impressed. OS looks barebones but UI very slick.

Day 1 update for eShop

No achievements :red:

Edited by liger05

No achievements :red:

Achievements / trophies seem to be a love / hate thing from what I've seen online over the years.

Personally, I love them and was hoping for something similar on Switch. Sad to see it not there, unless it's tucked in the top left avatar icon that the user didn't show (highly doubtful), but it may come at a later date? Again, highly doubtful!

Achievements / trophies seem to be a love / hate thing from what I've seen online over the years.

Personally, I love them and was hoping for something similar on Switch. Sad to see it not there, unless it's tucked in the top left avatar icon that the user didn't show (highly doubtful), but it may come at a later date? Again, highly doubtful!

The beauty of them on other systems is if you don't like them they can be disabled.

Disappointed Nintendo still ain't got them implemented.

If this is real then it looks a lot better than I anticipated and that notifications tab is a great sign, it always irked me that you never got proper notifications when you had a new message on Wii U.

It also just makes Nintendo seem even more puzzling. The OS looks great and smooth so why be so secretive about it? If we'd have seen an official video highlighting this a month ago we could have avoided a lot of heated debates and concerns.

Achievements can be similar to how Miitomo/Mario Run and FE:H work, with the whole MyNintendo mission thing. At least those have an actual use and give you discounts/items, unlike trophies that don't really do anything.