NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Grey Switch

Neon Joy Cons

Joy Con Straps

BotW

1-2 Switch

LoZ amiibo

When it's out: Snipperclips

Unsure about: Premium carrying case (for long trips/vacations)

Joy Con grip, extra chargers, SD (I think I should get used to my initial setup to find out which accessories I really need or make gaming on the Switch a lot more comfortable

You know the Jon Cons come with their own straps yeah?

This is true. Mine (grey) and a "family one" (Neon) for everyone else. Should we, somehow, be able to share purchases we are likely to end up with one each by Christmas.

I've little doubt it'll be part of the paid online service.

Neon? thought you ordered two greys? At least you've sen the light!

Both the packed in pair and the loose set?

Yeah, the only reason to get extra straps is if you want them coloured. The packed in ones are black.

Yeah, the only reason to get extra straps is if you want them coloured. The packed in ones are black.

Aaaaaaand......canceled

You saved me €16,- thanks! :)

Neon? thought you ordered two greys? At least you've sen the light!

Yup ��

It works in the long term too, one all grey, one all blue, one all red, one red/blue combo. No confusion. Just gotta hope there's someway of sharing digital purchases....

Has anyone seen a carry case with a strap or similar?

Edited by david.dakota

Surely at launch if you're going physical on most games, it's really not worth picking up a (big) micro SD yet until your internal storage is getting full? Micro SDs will just get cheaper/more storage for less money, so if you put off the purchase of one until you need one, surely that's a better idea and spreading the cost a bit?

And doesn't everyone have a ton of 4/8/16GB micro SDs lying around that can tide you over until you really need a large one?

Well I get them on cheap as staff discount and they're 3 for 2. So I can buy 3 at cost price for the price of 2 and keep hold of them.

It isn't that I'm going to need them, but no, i don't have any lying round personally. :confused:

Got one in my phone, one in my camera. :smile:

More like imagine a father has a son and they both have switches. MS and Sony allow you to setup a primary account and also a sub account on 2nd console which can also access the primary accounts software library. Pretty nice feature for families so you haven't got to buy the same game multiple times digitally. Sony and MS don't let people abuse it either as they limit it to two systems. There has to be some perk with buying digital and I think that's fair.

Worrying if Nintendo don't support this and instead expect people to buy the same game multiple times.

That's anti consumer.

Limiting to two machines is fair. I would possibly share with a friend more than within my family, but still it would be akin to when I had a nes, I would never buy the physical game my best friend had, we'd just swap, one of his for one of mine.

I think however, from my experience with Nintendo it probably won't allow for that. My experience with mario maker, my nephew had his own Wii U and moved his NNID to the new Wii U (obviously). Simple. But now we can't comment on each others levels, we can't register as having played each other's levels... why? because his NNID, despite being "unlinked" is registered as having first been registered on my Wii U.

We both have a copy of Mario maker.. We both have a Wii U. We aren't allowed to play against each other.

That's very backward in my view, and really has weighed in quite heavily on my interest in the switch... a few months back I was getting passionate about Nintendo again.. and then they do that. My nephew loves splatoon but the net connection sometimes is weak... so splatoon isn't playable. But we still had mario maker, where we could upload a level over a longer period of time and still have contact that way... but yeah... I digress... I have very low hopes as far as consumer friendly online is concerned and I would encourage everyone going into this at launch to set their expectations at Wii U levels unless Nintendo say otherwise.

On that front, I would expect that if you have 2 NNID's on the same machine, they would be able to play each others games. But if they are on 2 separate devices, with the exception of possible gb through 3ds style download play, expect nothing of the sub account/game sharing sort...

Limiting to two machines is fair. I would possibly share with a friend more than within my family, but still it would be akin to when I had a nes, I would never buy the physical game my best friend had, we'd just swap, one of his for one of mine.

I think however, from my experience with Nintendo it probably won't allow for that. My experience with mario maker, my nephew had his own Wii U and moved his NNID to the new Wii U (obviously). Simple. But now we can't comment on each others levels, we can't register as having played each other's levels... why? because his NNID, despite being "unlinked" is registered as having first been registered on my Wii U.

We both have a copy of Mario maker.. We both have a Wii U. We aren't allowed to play against each other.

That's very backward in my view, and really has weighed in quite heavily on my interest in the switch... a few months back I was getting passionate about Nintendo again.. and then they do that. My nephew loves splatoon but the net connection sometimes is weak... so splatoon isn't playable. But we still had mario maker, where we could upload a level over a longer period of time and still have contact that way... but yeah... I digress... I have very low hopes as far as consumer friendly online is concerned and I would encourage everyone going into this at launch to set their expectations at Wii U levels unless Nintendo say otherwise.

On that front, I would expect that if you have 2 NNID's on the same machine, they would be able to play each others games. But if they are on 2 separate devices, with the exception of possible gb through 3ds style download play, expect nothing of the sub account/game sharing sort...

1 step forward 2 steps back is the Nintendo way.

http://nintendoeverything.com/square-enix-considering-final-fantasy-xiv-for-switch/

During the Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival in Europe earlier today, Square Enix commented on a possible version of the game for Switch. It’s under “consideration”, the company said.

In August 2015, director and producer Naoki Yoshida stated that Square Enix was open to putting Final Fantasy XIV on Switch, when it was called NX. It sounds like things are slightly more concrete, though we still don’t have a confirmation of it actually happening.

A really good analysis of what Nintendo's strategy for the year might be. I'd recommend Arlo's videos on YouTube, he's fun to listen to and talks a lot of sense.

LOL

Be thankful for the goons that stole it. At least we got to see the thing in action cos Nintendo ain't showing us shit.

A really good analysis of what Nintendo's strategy for the year might be. I'd recommend Arlo's videos on YouTube, he's fun to listen to and talks a lot of sense.

Very good. Makes some very good points.

Makes sense, but still a risky tactic.

FFXV 'can't run' on Switch but a MMORPG can?...Hmm.

What's the lowest spec pc's it runs on.

What's the lowest spec pc's it runs on.

I got this:

Operating System: Windows® Vista 32/64bit, Windows® 7 32/64 bit

Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo

Graphics: NVIDIA® Geforce® 8800 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 4770

Memory: 2GB (4GB recommended for 64bit OS)

Disk Space: 20GB.

Can anyone translate?

Just because a game is an MMO doesn't automatically make it taxing. FFXIV has versions from last gen as well so it should be able to port to the Switch.

Makes sense, but still a risky tactic.

FFXV 'can't run' on Switch but a MMORPG can?...Hmm.

FFXIV was on PS3 so it probably wouldn't be that difficult to move that version over to Switch. Switch is more powerful than PS3 therefore it can obviously run it.

There's no way XV could run though on Switch unless it was heavily modified. Probably not worth the effort required.

Oh and MMORPG doesn't mean jack, PS2 could run FFXI after all.

Just because a game is an MMO doesn't automatically make it taxing. FFXIV has versions from last gen as well so it should be able to port to the Switch.

True, but unlike the last gen consoles, Switch has no hard drive. Im thinking moreso in space than performance.

True, but unlike the last gen consoles, Switch has no hard drive. Im thinking moreso in space than performance.

I don't see that as a problem, people can buy a bigger microSD for not very much money.

Wii U had bigger problems with Xenoblade X and the downloadable packs that needed extra space to extract.

FFXI on PS2 also required a hard drive so they are fine with relying on the consumer to get extra space to play their online games.

Edited by Sheikah

Just making my final preparations for the Switch launch today.

Nintendo Switch is ordered.

The Legend of Zelda is ordered.

Case has been chosen. There's not much in the way of choices. A lot of manufacturers seem to have made the silly decision to put games directly above the screen.

Release date and the week after booked off work.

Sorta feeling like I should have ordered a pro controller or the charging holder but then I'd have more controllers than games for it and that'd be weird.

Can't wait!

I got this:

Operating System: Windows® Vista 32/64bit, Windows® 7 32/64 bit

Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo

Graphics: NVIDIA® Geforce® 8800 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 4770

Memory: 2GB (4GB recommended for 64bit OS)

Disk Space: 20GB.

Can anyone translate?

It's already been sorted, but to translate anyways. Those GPUs are from around 2008. The CPU also likely the same time frame though Core 2 Duo is a bit more ambiguous. Plus it also listed Vista as an acceptable OS, soooo.

Which is a fucking outrage by the way. £75 for neon joycons but they don't come with neon straps, so you have to spend even more.

I'm still on the fence with Switch mostly because you just know that in 6 months 1-2 Switch will be a pack in game.

Which is a fucking outrage by the way. £75 for neon joycons but they don't come with neon straps, so you have to spend even more.

I'm still on the fence with Switch mostly because you just know that in 6 months 1-2 Switch will be a pack in game.

But isn't 6 months extra time with it worth the £30 odd pound?

I always think this when people say they'll wait for a price drop, I just think I'll easily get whatever value owning it well in advance.