N-Europe

Your 2015 Gaming Diary

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Platinuming that is no easy task. I've seen people on other forums attempt their third run-through of the game in order to get all of the trophies!

@Eenuh is actually really close. Think she just needs to do the game on Death March and she's done it. I've not got the energy to go through it again right now...it was amazing but exhausting.

Platinuming that is no easy task. I've seen people on other forums attempt their third run-through of the game in order to get all of the trophies!

@Eenuh is actually really close. Think she just needs to do the game on Death March and she's done it. I've not got the energy to go through it again right now...it was amazing but exhausting.

It has near enough the same platinum difficulty rating as DA:I. The list looks pretty straight forward, so long as you play on Death March and keep an eye out on the 9 missable trophies, then everything should be done in a single play through of the game.

Thankfully you can start on Death March and the difficulty trophies stack. It annoys the hell out of me if you have to play through a game once just to unlock another difficulty level.

It has near enough the same platinum difficulty rating as DA:I. The list looks pretty straight forward, so long as you play on Death March and keep an eye out on the 9 missable trophies, then everything should be done in a single play through of the game.

Thankfully you can start on Death March and the difficulty trophies stack. It annoys the hell out of me if you have to play through a game once just to unlock another difficulty level.

You do have to be very careful with the missable trophies. The problem is that with some of them, it does feel like you're playing for the trophy, rather than letting the story play out the way you want it to. There are some hard choices that you have to make in the game, which I'll tell you about after you get to those bits. I fucked up in the story about a third of the way into it which actually had an impact on some events later down the line (in the final quarter) and meant that I missed out on a big trophy, plus it ended up not playing out how I wanted it to go. Still haven't forgiven myself for that!

It's a game that you really should play for the experience, the story and for enjoying the world it creates. I don't think @Eenuh even deciced to go for the platinum until towards the end of the game, where she realised that she had most of the trophies anyway and decided to go for it. For an RPG, there's not really any grinding. It's one of the best examples of a game where you do the sidequests because they're like little stories in themselves, rather than doing it for the XP or rewards.

Fuck sake, just go play it already so we can talk about it! I've still got the DLC to play through and I can't wait for Blood and Wine next year...it's going to be fantastic. Hnnnnnggg.

Fuck sake, just go play it already so we can talk about it! I've still got the DLC to play through and I can't wait for Blood and Wine next year...it's going to be fantastic. Hnnnnnggg.

Nah, too burnt out off playing other stuff. Just been chilling out today.

I'll end up grinding in the game at some point. I love doing that in RPGs and then blitzing later enemies. It's how I play them. I usually find a good spot, grind for a few hours, power through the story due to being over levelled and then do it all again once the enemies levels catch up to mine. :D

Nah, too burnt out off playing other stuff. Just been chilling out today.

I'll end up grinding in the game at some point. I love doing that in RPGs and then blitzing later enemies. It's how I play them. I usually find a good spot, grind for a few hours, power through the story due to being over levelled and then do it all again once the enemies levels catch up to mine. :D

You won't be able to do that in the Witcher. :D

At least, not in the same way. You can't go to a field and keep killing Nekkers over and over again as the XP you get from them is so, so small. The game isn't built to be grinded in that way.

It works differently here and it's muuuuuch better than a lot of other games for it. You get more XP and rewards for doing the main quests and sidequests. Due to the way that the game is structured, it's very, very unlikely that you'll be overpowered for the final boss, at least not in a way to make it a walk over.

It's a refreshing change, tbh. I HATED the difficult spikes in Xenoblade and loathed that the only way around it was to go into a field somewhere and do the same shit for hours until you were strong enough to fight a boss.

The story is where you get most of the exp. The exp distribution is not scaled very well, if you look at story quest compared to sidequest and monsters. Also any exp gained at all is reduced close to zero if you're 5 levels more above the quest/monster level so I don't how you would grind in this game really.

I hope this doesn't turn you off on the game though :p

The story is where you get most of the exp. The exp distribution is not scaled very well, if you look at story quest compared to sidequest and monsters. Also any exp gained at all is reduced close to zero if you're 5 levels more above the quest/monster level so I don't how you would grind in this game really.

I hope this doesn't turn you off on the game though :p

It has actually. It's a big reason why I don't care much for WRPGs. I had to put up with the same thing on DA:I. Like the Witcher, you got most of your exp from side quests and the enemies kind of scaled with you.

Hmmm, the game is still sealed so I could just send it back. You guys were so close to getting me to play it as well. So close. :D

It has actually. It's a big reason why I don't care much for WRPGs. I had to put up with the same thing on DA:I. Like the Witcher, you got most of your exp from side quests and the enemies kind of scaled with you.

Hmmm, the game is still sealed so I could just send it back. You guys were so close to getting me to play it as well. So close. :D

Think of it this way:

Rather than going to a field and having to spam your attacks over and over again to gain XP in order to fight a boss/become overlevelled for the rest of the game, instead you are treated to sidequests that are better than the majority of stories that are told in other videogames. You'll end up doing the quests because you want to, rather than doing it because you feel you have to.

If it's not for you, then fair enough. It won't be for everyone. Buuuut, this one is worth gambling on, in my honest opinion. Finest videogame I've ever played.

That would be a bit of a silly reason not to play a game... You can get lots of XP from simply doing sidequests (of which there are loads!) or doing contracts. I think it keeps the game interesting this way.

By the way, the level of the enemies doesn't scale depending on your level I think, they have set levels. I had no trouble getting to a high level before reaching the end boss, and had no trouble defeating him either (this was on normal difficulty level though).

Grinding takes the fun out of a game for me, it is boring and pointless, and I was happy that I didn't need to do it in the Witcher. If I needed to level up for a certain quest, I would just do a sidequest/contract/explore the area until I was at the right level. No boring grinding needed.

That would be a bit of a silly reason not to play a game... You can get lots of XP from simply doing sidequests (of which there are loads!) or doing contracts. I think it keeps the game interesting this way.

By the way, the level of the enemies doesn't scale depending on your level I think, they have set levels. I had no trouble getting to a high level before reaching the end boss, and had no trouble defeating him either (this was on normal difficulty level though).

Grinding takes the fun out of a game for me, it is boring and pointless, and I was happy that I didn't need to do it in the Witcher. If I needed to level up for a certain quest, I would just do a sidequest/contract/explore the area until I was at the right level. No boring grinding needed.

You see, i'm the complete opposite. I love grinding in RPGs. I usually just sit back, listen to some music and fight away. I would much prfer to do that for a couple of hours rather than running around doing sidequests for XP.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. ::shrug:

I fucking cannot stand grinding. Urgh. I didnt mind it at one point back in the day but I much prefer the way that The Witcher deals with it by having the play do side quests instead. Much more interesting.

I'm playing through on NG+ on Death March difficulty to nab the Platinum. I didn't actually look at how to get the trophies ( I don't play the game for them) but I just happened to make the right choices :)

@Hero\-of\-Time in a way its a shame you looked up the trophies as I imagine there were a few spoilers revealed when describing how to get them.

As you can tell @Fierce_LiNk and I are really wanting you to enjoy the fantastic experience that this game offers :)

I'm with hero on this, I enjoy the grind! Years of being conditioned in FFXI I think, it would take anywhere from 2-6 hours to gain 1 level in that game!

I think i've just grown too lazy and impatient for grinding. I'm playing through FFVII again at the moment and the 3x speed is a god send!