NEurope
Serebii

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

This is the top trending article on my facebook feed! Can't imagine the amount of people wondering what on earth an 'Majora's Mask' is...

That moon looks totally off to me, really lost what it had before. Looks a bit goofy really, as if it was trying to hard. The old moon was kinda eerie and spooky by seeming aloof to me(I know how silly that sounds, mind).

I see no reason why they can't release special Majora's Mask faceplates for the New 3DS : peace:

I'm really glad this is coming to 3DS instead of Wii U :hehe: The last time I was playing on the Wii VC a few weeks ago, I actually had to play it for longer than I wanted to because of the way the save system works. Now, I can just close over the 3DS when I have other things I need to do :yay:

And that's exactly how it SHOULD be played! This is my biggest gripe about it being 3DS. Damn noobs with your save anywhere systems, back in my day you didn't have any bloody saves at all! *grumble grumble moan fist-shake*

And that's exactly how it SHOULD be played! This is my biggest gripe about it being 3DS. Damn noobs with your save anywhere systems, back in my day you didn't have any bloody saves at all! *grumble grumble moan fist-shake*

Ah, @Rummy.. I've been expecting you :heh:

We've had this debate before so there's no point raking over it again but I'm glad it's coming to 3DS, particularly due to the save system. You can carry on enjoying the original : peace:

Sleep mode is not the same as Save states. It's not even the same as a quick save. Don't tell me that you've never paused Majora's Mask so you can do something else. Everyone has done that.

This shouldn't even be an issue, really.

Yeah, it really makes no difference. Pausing the game/closing the 3DS are effectively the same thing. Had the clock carried on running on the pause screen, you'd have a point. But you don't :p

So ridiculously excited about this.

Am I the only one who finds the new moon more terrifying?

Need to finish (though now best to start again) Ocarina and start Between Worlds ( I know I know)

Personally, I find the new moon better looking. The old one just was just ugly in the wrong way.

Ordered! :D

Now... I wait. : peace:

When do Nintendo take payment?

Immediately... but it's the only place to get the special edition from so. ::shrug:

When do Nintendo take payment?

When it ships, unless you pay via PayPal.

Also it feels right to have both OoT3D and MM3D on the same system to me.

We've had this debate before so there's no point raking over it again but I'm glad it's coming to 3DS, particularly due to the save system. You can carry on enjoying the original : peace:

I hope the game clock carries on running in standby. :D

Is the special edition only available from the Nintendo store? I'd much rather order it from somewhere like Tesco if they had it.

Edited by Sheikah

Hmmm on second thought maybe the moon is a little OTT in this one. It doesn't really look like a moon anymore.

vlcsnap-2012-07-16-00h25m33s5.png

That's it. I was racking my brain earlier trying to think of who it was that it reminded me of but it wouldn't come to me. Thank you.

Random thought: Since the new moon is the same model as the one from Hyrule Warriors I think it's safe to expect the Fierce Deity Link to be the same model from Smash Bros. 3DS.

Sleep mode is not the same as Save states. It's not even the same as a quick save. Don't tell me that you've never paused Majora's Mask so you can do something else. Everyone has done that.

This shouldn't even be an issue, really.

True, true. But...how long is that pausing for? @/nando/ what were you off to do? The washing up? A trip to the shops? Work for the day? I'd pause for one, maybe two, of those - but not for all. I'd likely as a result adjust when I'm playing the game, ensuring I have the time to experience it, and experience it differently. I think MM holds a lot of tension at times, it's a bit dissappated by the sleep function.

I'd it leads to reduced function of the owl statues for saving now too.

(tbh having said that I did on occasion when little pause consoles for entire outings, though I don't think I ever really did it with MM)

I hope the game clock carries on running in standby. :D

Is the special edition only available from the Nintendo store? I'd much rather order it from somewhere like Tesco if they had it.

Even if it's a joke - I wouldn't call it a bad idea! Obviously not at the same rate - but if you're deciding to sleep the thing for an entire day at work I'd like a bit of sacrifice on the time still - run at a 10th of the speed or so? 10 hours sleep = 1 hours gameplay/time passing or so. Something slightly acceptable but still a sacrifice of sorts.

Yeah I know I know - but I'll still make my point :p It's each to their own really, and I'll still get the game probably, I just feel it won't be the same experience - tbh I think it's also better suited to a console/TV/quiet environment more than a handheld which you might play in noisy/distracting areas. I'd def recommend making sure you're playing it with earphones or so! Also on a more unrelated note, and why I quoted your post....are you unmentionable?!?! It broke my posts trying to mention you!

Dat poster. Can't wait for people to be disappointed because it's actually folded.

Sandwich it between two towels and iron them out?

Nobody try this it certainly won't work

Even if it's a joke - I wouldn't call it a bad idea! Obviously not at the same rate - but if you're deciding to sleep the thing for an entire day at work I'd like a bit of sacrifice on the time still - run at a 10th of the speed or so? 10 hours sleep = 1 hours gameplay/time passing or so. Something slightly acceptable but still a sacrifice of sorts.

How about letting the clock run at real time? While the 3DS is sleeping, 12 real-life hours could correspond to 12 in-game hours.

How about letting the clock run at real time? While the 3DS is sleeping, 12 real-life hours could correspond to 12 in-game hours.

That...would be so much more sensible than my suggestion. Possibly awesome, too!

If anything, the ability to pause on a console ruins the principle of time passing even more - the 3DS will eventually run out of battery, so you will need to find an owl statue more urgently to make sure your progress is saved. On a console, you can just leave it paused for however long you like.

Sandwich it between two towels and iron them out?

Nobody try this it certainly won't work

Mine probably won't even leave the box for long. treating posters like this is terrible.