NEurope
Serebii

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Full 360 degree camera control with the new 3DS, like in Wind Waker? Yes please

Full 360 degree camera control with the new 3DS, like in Wind Waker? Yes please

Hnnnnng yes please

Wonder which boss battle has changed? they were all fairly fun and simple to do.....if he'd said added boss battle that would be better

Hnnnnng yes please

Wonder which boss battle has changed? they were all fairly fun and simple to do.....if he'd said added boss battle that would be better

Either Gyorg or Twinmold would be my guess. I originally had trouble with Gyorg not realising you needed to attack him in the water after stunning him. Twinmold kinda requires you to keep your magic up, or buy the Chateau Romani in advance.

Either Gyorg or Twinmold would be my guess. I originally had trouble with Gyorg not realising you needed to attack him in the water after stunning him. Twinmold kinda requires you to keep your magic up, or buy the Chateau Romani in advance.

Gyorg's model is different this time around, I noticed. But he still isn't something that needs to be changed, Zora Link can deal with him fairly easily.

The Twinmold issue is the one that got changed, probably. I'm guessing defeating them in normal size is going to be a more viable option?

As another option, it's entirely possible that the reworked battle is actually Majora's 2nd form (the crazy, moonwalking one), to be something that isn't defeated so easily.

Gyorg's model is different this time around, I noticed. But he still isn't something that needs to be changed, Zora Link can deal with him fairly easily.

The Twinmold issue is the one that got changed, probably. I'm guessing defeating them in normal size is going to be a more viable option?

As another option, it's entirely possible that the reworked battle is actually Majora's 2nd form (the crazy, moonwalking one), to be something that isn't defeated so easily.

I have literally no idea if the final boss was hard or not.

See my signature for why.

I have literally no idea if the final boss was hard or not.

See my signature for why.

I recall the 2nd Form being as easy with the mask as without it, actually :heh:

As long as they didn't touch the music for Majora's Wrath then I don't mind if it's easier or harder.

I would love if they add something that is equivalent to Wind Waker's several floor dungeon with MM. Just thinking, it probably wouldn't be that hard to do and it would add more for returning players.

As long as they didn't touch the music for Majora's Wrath then I don't mind if it's easier or harder.

Dat Song of Healing (is that along the same lines?).

Also loved the credits reel music.

MM is probably my favourite game ever, and yet as I scan over your posts it's so foreign to me, I don't remember many dungeons, certainly don't remember the names of the bosses. I think I completed it once, maybe twice, fourteen years ago. I guess that stuff just doesn't stick with me very well.... Although I still remember the bomber's password, maybe I did the beginning quite a few times.

I've always wanted to replay it, I bought it on the Virtual Console but didn't give it long. Since OoT 3D was announced I figured I'd hold out for a new version of some kind. And now this! For me it's perfect. I only play Portable consoles at home, or while staying away somewhere, not while travelling or otherwise being distracted, so I think it will be an awesome new way to experience it.

I think that's the one most likely to change. If my memory serves me well the problem with that boss fight was that you couldn't Z-target after turning into a giant, so you had to swing blindly at it hoping one of your strikes will connect. I can't remember where I've heard this, but supposedly this was intentionally done for the boss fight to add a bit of 'realism' since you're supposed to Z-Target using Tatl, and she hasn't grown to scale the way you have by wearing the Giant's mask.

Actually, we all know the best bit of music in the game...

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Great. Now I need to post some of my favourite tracks

Clocktower:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Observatory:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Termina Field:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Ghost Attack:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Final Day:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

End Credits:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

MM is probably my favourite game ever, and yet as I scan over your posts it's so foreign to me, I don't remember many dungeons, certainly don't remember the names of the bosses. I think I completed it once, maybe twice, fourteen years ago. I guess that stuff just doesn't stick with me very well.... Although I still remember the bomber's password, maybe I did the beginning quite a few times.

I've always wanted to replay it, I bought it on the Virtual Console but didn't give it long. Since OoT 3D was announced I figured I'd hold out for a new version of some kind. And now this! For me it's perfect. I only play Portable consoles at home, or while staying away somewhere, not while travelling or otherwise being distracted, so I think it will be an awesome new way to experience it.

I'm a little similar - I don't recall lots of the 'main' bits though I think I tried replaying a couple times so I recall the first two dungeons, but bits after that I half forget. I remember much more of/about the different characters dotted about than the main questy bits. I wanna say I completed it a second time but I honestly can't recall if I ever got there.

I remember much more of/about the different characters dotted about than the main questy bits. I wanna say I completed it a second time but I honestly can't recall if I ever got there.

Perhaps having to play for prolonged periods of time made it too unwelcoming to trudge through it all again.. :heh:

Great. Now I need to post some of my favourite tracks

Clocktower:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Hit me right through. This game man. THIS GAME. I've found sometimes japanese soundtracks/music(from a few limited anime's I've seen) manage to have an eerie, melancholic edge to them even when they're not necessarily being so, and MM took that well to the max for me. Such a game.

Perhaps having to play for prolonged periods of time made it too unwelcoming to trudge through it all again.. :heh:

Why you little...! *shakes fist*

It's music like this, OOT and Wind Waker's soundtrack, compared with the shocker that was Skyward Sword's music that make me think orchestral music in Zelda might not be a great fit most of the time.

It's music like this, OOT and Wind Waker's soundtrack, compared with the shocker that was Skyward Sword's music that make me think orchestral music in Zelda might not be a great fit most of the time.

I've listened to orchestral arrangements of Zelda tunes before that sounded amazing. I think it had less to do with the orchestral music and more to do with Skyward Swords music just being forgettable and really shoddy.

I really like the ballad of the goddess in Skyward Sword. Does that get included when people talk about the shabby music? Because if it doe then I guess I disagree that it had shoddy music. (I cannot remember anything else, so perhaps the rest was. :))

I really like the ballad of the goddess in Skyward Sword. Does that get included when people talk about the shabby music? Because if it doe then I guess I disagree that it had shoddy music. (I cannot remember anything else, so perhaps the rest was. :))

Yeah, I like that one ( that's the main theme, right ) but other than I cant think of an original score from that game.

Yeah that's the one. It definitely benefited from an orchestral arrangement in that recent(*) Zelda concert thingy.

(*Could well have been 1-1.5 years ago now.)

Yeah, I like that one ( that's the main theme, right ) but other than I cant think of an original score from that game.

Not to derail the thread too much, but

from SS off the top of my head. I didn't think it was any worse than any other Zelda game, honestly.

Not to derail the thread too much, but
from SS off the top of my head. I didn't think it was any worse than any other Zelda game, honestly.

I honestly can't remember a single one of those tunes you posted. :D Had it not been for the clips or the title of the songs I wouldn't have had a clue when they even appeared.

To be fair though it pretty much sums up the whole of Skyward Sword for me. Forgettable.

It's strange how forgettable Skyward Sword is, and I can't see it gaining much popularity once Zelda U comes out. Putting aside issues like OTT handholding, disconnected overworld, empty sky etc, I wonder what made the game so meh. I do remember loving it at the time, but history doesn't seem to have been kind for some reason.

It's strange how forgettable Skyward Sword is, and I can't see it gaining much popularity once Zelda U comes out. Putting aside issues like OTT handholding, disconnected overworld, empty sky etc, I wonder what made the game so meh. I do remember loving it at the time, but history doesn't seem to have been kind for some reason.

It was a 15-20 hour game that took about double that to get through. There was just too much padding and if they got rid of the fetch quests ('I know you need to save the world but you need to prove you're the chosen one....again') it would be much more memorable.

I REALLY want to play through some of the dungeons again but the thought of replaying the whole game again puts me off it. I have the same issue with the opening of Twilight Princess.

It was a 15-20 hour game that took about double that to get through. There was just too much padding and if they got rid of the fetch quests ('I know you need to save the world but you need to prove you're the chosen one....again') it would be much more memorable.

I REALLY want to play through some of the dungeons again but the thought of replaying the whole game again puts me off it. I have the same issue with the opening of Twilight Princess.

My calculations indicate that you have a 8.2% chance of ever playing the game again.