NEurope
Serebii

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Really happy about this, a portable version in 3D of my favourite Zelda game of all time! :D

Also I need to buy that limited edition so it seems I'll be ordering via the Nintendo Store just as soon as it becomes available. :)

Though I must admit, kind of hoped that Nintendo might make a special edition NEW 3DS/XL for it too.

Also, dat boxart! :awesome:

Really great.

I would love to see Nintendo bring this and OoT 3D out for the Wii U. Personally, I just prefer to play on a bigger screen using a more comfortable controller.

Still not sure I agree with this. Just feels not right on 3DS - WiiU HD remake I'd take, and yeah I may buy this, but really don't feel it's handheld suitable really. (#/facebookredundancy)

A Wii U remake would've been so much better... but this is still great and I'm definitely getting the special edition.

That pin badge should be coloured in though :(

Well this made my week. So chuffed to finally have it announced.

I need that special edition but I agree, such a shame the pin badge isn't full colour :( Lovely box art though.

They probably knocked this out quick. making it full HD on Wii U would have taken too many resources away from Zelda U. Plus handheld pick up and play Zelda is a great way to play surely?

What a bizarre trailer.

Apt for such a bizarre game then

Give it up to Nintendo delivering the goods for a change. This in Spring and more Zelda U from E3 in summer - yes please sir.

I'm looking forward to this, as it's the only home console Zelda I've not played! :D

I don't like the way that the moon looks...

9Ivfitq.jpg

majora3aqt8.jpg

It looks squashed and not so naturalistic. It actually looks less round and moon-like now!

They've kept things looking surprisingly faithful, but when they're going out of their way to do so, things that look "off" like this really bother me...

Overall, despite this being perhaps my favourite game of all time, I don't quite feel as excited as I feel I should be. I'm not convinced that this is a good fit for 3DS (not talking visuals, but rather the gameplay format - I don't feel it is well suited to handheld play at all), nor do I feel that it needs to be remade at all.

That being said, I'm certainly gonna buy the hell out of it and love every second playing it in a new way, but I don't think this remake is going to feel as essential as OoT 3D did.

Edit: Here's a better comparison of the moons...

moon-stares-at-link-in-the-legend-of-zelda-majoras-mask.jpg

LoZMM_Nov052014_10.bmp

Here it looks rounder, but the face takes up too much of the surface IMO. It's overpowering and not in a good way...

It's supposed to look like a moon with a face, not a face that is a moon! It also looks goofy looking and lacks any of the real despair in the look of the original version's moon, replacing it with kinda goofy looking anger.

The moon is supposed to be sad that it is being turned into a world destroying weapon, that's why it sheds a moon's tear at the start of the game. Here it just looks like an angry being that is taking the shape of a moon - it takes away from the impact of that subtext for me...

I know it's gonna sound super nitpicky to many of you, but that kind of thing means a lot to me with this game. Everything in the original version of MM felt deliberate in its design and I don't think that this remake is capturing everything that made the original game so great...

Ahh well, It's never going to replace the original anyway. It'll be nice to experience the game in a new way though :)

Edited by Dcubed

It's finally confirmed, i'm happy with that. As soon as it's available to pre-order i shall be putting my order down, as it's my favourite Zelda game so far in the series. Hopefully the same team that did Ocarina of Time on the 3DS are behind the Majora's Mask remake.

HNNGGJesus has heard our prayers. HNGRALUJAH!

Either that or its spooky dark magic/terrible (awesome) fate coming from my new mask.

jjs18o.jpg

Them eyes. Them fucking eyes.

(Totally agree this would be far cooler to be Wii U, but skull kids/begbrahs cannot be choosers).

If they release the NEW 3DS alongside this in a special edition version with the rest of the game special edition stuff I will be broke next year :p

I don't like the new moon either. For a game that relies heavily on atmosphere, I think Nintendo dun' goofed big time.

Take a look at the difference in lighting for example. The remake is too clean and sterile.

pTxCJRy.jpg

Yeah not keen on the changes to the atmosphere and the moon at all. Hopefully they take note of feedback and it changes over the next few months.

That said, despite this being my favourite Zelda game ever, I've never been all the way back through it, so can't wait for this excuse to do so.

That's too clean for a game which is meant to be the darkest Zelda in the series.

Majora's Mask 3DS VS N64

&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&fmt=22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01">
&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="615" height="360">

It's great that it's being remade but I think a Wii U version would be better, don't think it's suitable for handhheld. It was always going to happen on the 3DS though with the engine sitting there from OOT Remake. It doesn't look as dark or gritty, maybe it's something to do with 3D. Is there no way this could go on the Wii U eShop?

Oh and the moon is the same as in Hyrule Warriors supposedly.

Yeah, someone just pointed out that the MM3D moon is based on the one from Hyrule Warriors...

LoZMM_Nov052014_10.bmp

carOPMV.jpg

And I find I have to agree. The resemblance is uncanny.

I thought the comparison video showed the 3DS remake off pretty well. Ok some shots could have been moodier but the increase in texture quality makes up for it I think.

I sort of wish they'd taken the time to make the moon larger than... a tad bigger than Clock Town, but never mind.

Why did the trailer end the way it did? When you see a "post-credits" scene you usually expect some sort of easter egg or something, but I don't get why they chose to put Anju's mother in there, then end with the mask salesman's laugh.

Please please please release a special edition new 3DS Xl with this game

now back to hnnnnnging over MM3D

The potential for a New 3DS XL MM3D special edition. Just when I was sure I was going for the regular New 3DS.

I seem to be the only one who thinks Majora's mask would fit even better on a handheld then haha!

I don't know, it just makes sense to me because of the day system.

Incredibly happy it's getting a remake at last, although I do agree the moon looks a bit too mean and a bit less bittersweet than the original one. (that's a minor issue though)

Also the promotional / boxart looks amazing

The potential for a New 3DS XL MM3D special edition. Just when I was sure I was going for the regular New 3DS.

I see no reason why they can't release special Majora's Mask faceplates for the New 3DS : peace:

I'm really glad this is coming to 3DS instead of Wii U :hehe: The last time I was playing on the Wii VC a few weeks ago, I actually had to play it for longer than I wanted to because of the way the save system works. Now, I can just close over the 3DS when I have other things I need to do :yay: