NEurope
Serebii

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

My calculations indicate that you have a 8.2% chance of ever playing the game again.

Post of the year, brah. Post of the year.

It's music like this, OOT and Wind Waker's soundtrack, compared with the shocker that was Skyward Sword's music that make me think orchestral music in Zelda might not be a great fit most of the time.

The issue wasn' t that it was orchestrated, the issue was Koji Kondo wasn't the composer.

I quite like this track from on top of the Goddess Statue.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

And I'm in the 8.2% as I'm actually currently mid way through a second play through of SS. Don't care what anyone says, it's still awesome.

And I'm in the 8.2% as I'm actually currently mid way through a second play through of SS. Don't care what anyone says, it's still awesome.

I just recently finished Skyward Sword for the second time about a month ago.

I love the combat in it. An absolute joy for me.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/14/legend-zelda-majoras-mask-3d-changes-boss-fights-adds-fishing/

Some details on changes. They aren't making the game easier or adding hints, although one boss fight is getting changed.

The graphics won't be better on the New 3DS, although it will use one feature (please be camera control).

Oh, and they're adding fishing.

Also, this remake has been in development for longer than the original.

I find it really hard to believe this has been in development for three years

It's strange how forgettable Skyward Sword is,

Which is weird because I can't remember much about Majora's Mask except bits.

Although this is semi-by-choice as I've wanted to forget things so I can enjoy them again the second time around.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/14/legend-zelda-majoras-mask-3d-changes-boss-fights-adds-fishing/

Some details on changes. They aren't making the game easier or adding hints, although one boss fight is getting changed.

The graphics won't be better on the New 3DS, although it will use one feature (please be camera control).

Oh, and they're adding fishing.

Also, this remake has been in development for longer than the original.

Oh! Well now this IS interesting...

Definitely seems like they're not trying to supplant the original game here, but rather they're offering something different; more like Super Mario 64 DS than Ocarina of Time 3D (And of course, they'll continue to offer the original version anyway)

I feel a bit better about this remake now :) I wonder if those fishing spots will only be available after restoring each of their respective areas? (probably the swamp and the Great Bay)

Doesn't bother me much, but for the benefit of those who haven't played the game, shouldn't we be using spoiler tags in this thread from now on?

Which is weird because I can't remember much about Majora's Mask except bits.

I was the same until I played the GameCube port - at which point it all came back. I think because it re-uses so many assets from Ocarina of Time, it makes it very easy to confuse the two.

It's a truly superb game though. Still a benchmark of how to do sidequests well and make the world as a whole feel interesting.

Never really played Majora's Mask. Started it once when it got released back in 2000 but I was 10 years old...I understood the concept and the mechanics but the story, the background, the characters, the curse and its implications...I just couldn't grasp the deeper meaning which made me stop playing.

Now it seems like a great time to really dive into Majora's Mask. But after seeing the trailer, listening to the music...I wish it was a Wii U title. It would be much better on a big screen combined with a great sound system. :(

I don't think the atmosphere will come across while playing it on a handheld console.

But I'm ready to be proven wrong. Will definitely buy the 3DS version and give it a go.

Link's Fierce Deity Sword (Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask) - MAN AT ARMS: REFORGED

This is awesome and the most appropriate place for this. Enjoy!

What is it, exactly? It could be a 2D image of Majora's Mask enacted in cheap plastic and it could be tiny.

Edited by Cube

That is it, exactly? It could be a 2D image of Majora's Mask enacted in cheap plastic and it could be tiny.

That's exactly what it'll be. Still tempting, but I prefer the special edition with the pin badge, poster etc

^ My thoughts exactly, I'm glad this is a pre-order item from Game that I don't want/need. :heh:

Besides I've pre-ordered/paid for the steel-book edition on the Nintendo store. :awesome:

I'm sticking with the special edition, the paperweight will only be worthwhile if it's 3D. They'd have definitely shown it in 3D if it was.

widget_Zelda-Majoras-Mask.jpg

Just tweeted by GAME as a pre-order bonus item. God, I hope that isn't exclusive to them. I ordered mine from the Nintendo Store.

Pre-order here:

Dat standard edition grab

Glad I preordered from them if that's the case. GAME may get a bad rep from some but on the few occasions I've used them they've always done good. Using the Nintendo Store never sounded like a good idea tbh.

Edit: nvm, I preordered the special edition.

That's exactly what it'll be. Still tempting, but I prefer the special edition with the pin badge, poster etc

It would be awesome if it wasn't folded, which you know it will be.

Reminds me of the posters given away in magazines. Would be so much better rolled up (although impossible to maintain in a retail environment)

Out of curiosity, is the special edition ordered from the Nintendo store likely to have the obnoxious big green ratings logo on the cover or will it be the UK version? I remember ordering a special edition Skyward Sword from Amazon and the cover art was ruined by the ratings logos.

Out of curiosity, is the special edition ordered from the Nintendo store likely to have the obnoxious big green ratings logo on the cover or will it be the UK version? I remember ordering a special edition Skyward Sword from Amazon and the cover art was ruined by the ratings logos.

Both the one for sale from Nintendo Store and Game will have the big green rating logo on the box, there is no escape unfortunately and it's the same for any special edition game that comes in a big box which is for sale in European territories. :( (afaik)

Meh, i'm happy with the Special Edition ordered from Nintendo. Much prefer the poster and pin-badge over a paperweight.

HMMMMM. Dunno which one to go for. Like the paper weight. Tis very cool. But I get the feeling it may be just a cardboard cut out of the mask encased in shit plastic... And whether I'd even get it, knowing the last 3DS Zelda fuck up! :indeed:

The Ninty store one looks gooood. And they're in my good books at the min with how speedy their deliveries are. Not to mention the great way they've packaged the amiibo's as per those who've posted about it in the amiibo thread.

Hmm indeed... :confused: