NEurope
Serebii

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

HNNNNNNNNNNG that 3DS

I need to get a pre-order in asap! not shopto, GAME or even Nintendo's own site has it up yet! for god's sake i'm going all Philip J Fry on there ass over here

I don't like that when open the design will be upside down!

That and the XL is too big for me anyway, so a New 3DS with those Majora faceplates I saw hiding in that direct plus the Special Edition game will do me nicely :)

That and the XL is too big for me anyway, so a New 3DS with those Majora faceplates I saw hiding in that direct plus the Special Edition game will do me nicely :)

They did look sexy as, and are arguably equally as good so you can create your own special edition

seriously though why does nowhere have this up for pre-order yet

HNNNNNNNNNNG that 3DS

I need to get a pre-order in asap! not shopto, GAME or even Nintendo's own site has it up yet! for god's sake i'm going all Philip J Fry on there ass over here

I believe the pre-orders may go live tomorrow at the latest. Already have my Majora's Mask special edition paid for via the Nintendo store.

True of all 3DS special editions afaik, it's always bugged me.

Interestingly, the New 3DS custom faceplates break this trend, presumably because the designs typically continue from the back plate through to the bottom plate.

The French get Skull Kid as a preorder bonus. That price can't be right, €130?

[TWEET]555395557494386689[/TWEET]

Thw European Majora's Mask website is now open.

[TWEET]555411475704348672[/TWEET]

http://majorasmask3d.nintendo.co.uk/

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

The French get Skull Kid as a preorder bonus. That price can't be right, €130?

The small text mentions that it's when trading in a 3DS XL.

Oh, and

u6lEvfH.png

Oh if they do a trade-in deal I might get myself one of these. Really can't justify it otherwise.

When I read about there being a special edition 3DS earlier, I had this image in my head of a 3DS design based off the great artwork with lots of purple and green. All I see now is a gold 3DS with a fairly bland design. ::shrug:

True of all 3DS special editions afaik, it's always bugged me.

Interestingly, the New 3DS custom faceplates break this trend, presumably because the designs typically continue from the back plate through to the bottom plate.

Also because of the way the 3DS sits in the cradle so the face plate is the right way up.

Also, in case you didn't check the new site, here are some interesting things:

- Take a look around the world with the Nintendo 3DS system’s motion controls. You can also use the Nintendo 3DS Circle Pad Pro (sold separately) on Nintendo 3DS or the New Nintendo 3DS system’s C Stick to adjust your view! (not sure if this just means when aiming or proper camera control)

- Access items more easily than ever with the Touch Screen. Now you can select your equipment with a mere tap on the menu screen, and also look at maps and assign Button items in seconds! (Again, there's a bit of vagueness with this, but it sounds like you can equip and item without having to assign it to a button)

- Keep track of all your quests in the revamped Bombers’ Notebook – you can even set up alarms so you don’t forget about any special events, and see where the action is on your map with a quick tap of the Touch Screen! Time waits for no man, but it’s easier to stay on time than ever with this handy tome!

screenartwork2.png

(The rumoured events sound like event you haven't found yourself. Hopefully they only appear if something specific triggers it, rather than automatically appearing)

- Thanks to owl statues and quill statues found throughout Termina, you can now save your adventure at any time. But be warned: returning to the dawn of the first day no longer automatically saves your progress. (No explanation on why the statues are different, though).

screenartwork3.png

- Need a break between dungeons? Visit a fishing hole, wear a variety of masks to catch different kinds of fish and see what you can snag! Make sure you get a permit first though – you’re not allowed to fish without a Fishing Hole Pass! (so it sounds like masks affect which fish appear).

- If you’re feeling a little lost, seek out a Sheikah Stone to get a hint on how to move ahead. Crawl in to see visions, in the form of Hint Images and Hint Videos, that point you towards objectives – or even helpful items! (so, something to ignore for most players).

Edit:

It's in Japanese, but a gameplay walkthrough around Clock Town.

The bank has completely changed location and there's definitely proper camera control (although it isn't noticeable until around 9 minutes in).

Edited by Cube

6 minute introduction, also in Japanese and also a bit spoilery if you've not played it before. Also shows a change to the Twinmold boss fight.

When some one notices the MM New 3DS up for pre-order on Amazon UK. Do let me know, thanks.

Oof... Having to decide now whether I should get a New 3DS. Camera control in Majora's Mask is the only thing I want one for, but I can't really justify it for that.

- Thanks to owl statues and quill statues found throughout Termina, you can now save your adventure at any time. But be warned: returning to the dawn of the first day no longer automatically saves your progress. (No explanation on why the statues are different, though).

Made me feel rather wat. Not a fan of that change at all - why does returning to the first day not save??

Most of the things in your posts I'm a bit hmmm/meh on, erring maybe on the negative side - barring teh fishing. I loved OoT fishing, and that sounds cool, especially with mask effects. Touch screen ease is good too(thought before the direct imagine having all your masks available to wear via touch screen, spend notable with those and c buttons originally) but the changes aren't things I feel keen on from the sounds of them.

Looking forward to playing again. Really enjoyed playing OOT again on its remake, despite having gone through it like a zillion times previously. Only gone through MM once.

Also because of the way the 3DS sits in the cradle so the face plate is the right way up.

Well sure, that's also the same case for if you just put it down and look at it from the front. The problem is with how it looks in use. Also, in the new cradle it will be upside down.

With all this Majora's Mask hype, the purple artwork, the spooky trailers etc... it's really making me wish Nintendo would go down this route again for future Zelda games. It would be pretty sad if Zelda U was the same Ganon taking over Hyrule storyline for the millionth time. I wish they were more willing to take risks like they did with MM and Wind Waker.

Im over-hyped for this. Will gladly shell out for the New 3DS XL and MM, and I guess an extra perk in enhanced playthroughs of other 3DS games Ive missed. <3

Termina looks beautiful, even if it is slightly more colourful than the N64 version.

Hoping they advertise this well and the game finally gets the attention it needs.

Im over-hyped for this. Will gladly shell out for the New 3DS XL and MM, and I guess an extra perk in enhanced playthroughs of other 3DS games Ive missed. <3

I'm expecting myself to wait until Christmas to see what sort of New 3DS deals and bundles are available before I get one, or indeed Majora's Mask 3D.

I halted play on Metal Gear Solid 3D and have barely touched Yoshi's New Island, that I managed to get as a free download with Super Smash Bros, in order to hold these back for the new machine :heh: