N-Europe

Favourite TV programs thread (its original!)

the_villa

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm there's so many. Errm. Peep Show, Father Ted, Lost, Bottom, Blackadder, Red Dwarf, Fawlty Towers, Sliders (1st and 2nd series before it got silly), Crystal Maze, Takashi's Castle (never watched more than 3 episodes but deserves a mention), and 80's cartoons in general.

Prepare yourself for a long list.

Scrubs - comedy genius.

Peep Show - in my opinion a British version of Scrubs. Except filthier and with funnier characters. "So your getting married out of embaressment?" and the one where Jez was in the Jury... so funny.

Lost - brilliant. But I can't find episode 10! I keep on getting old episodes which I DON'T want.

Friends - great in its hay day. Dated but for light cominc relief its great.

Nip/Tuck - filthy, funny, enough random story lines to keep it going. With enough drama to suffice.

Pokemon - from 1st series to the current 8th is it? I grew up with them and until they kill off Ash I wanna know what happens to him.

My Name Is Earl - a new one to me, but I really like it so far.

The OC - light girlygirly drama. But still good enough to make the list. Aaah Summer...

Smallville - gotta love that superman. Loved "The new adventures" and love this one.

Desperate Housewives - reminds me off the smurfs (its on the list too). Theres hot smurf (gabriel) ginger but hot smuf (bree) Still-Louis-Lane-in-my-head smurf (Louis Lane) and ugly smurf (ugly one)

Neighbours - hooked since I was a wee nipper. What can I say :S

Gillette soccer saturday - been on here before but incredibly funny.

Bo Selecta (only series 1) - pure genius at the time. Ruined it when canned laughter was added. "I'm not gonna break america i'm gonna break majorca". Ruined Craig David's career which is never a bad thing.

Buffy - only first... 4 series? Turned poor after that. Willow, a lesbian? HA. Xander? Not after Buffy? HA. Spike, good? HA.

Saved By the bell - loved it when i was young

Smurfs - classic communism. Little blue men running around defeating an evil wizard? Hell not even Lost could think up something so ludicrous.

Heia tufte :p

A show where a PRO fotball trainer train Nerds and then go agains of of norways best teams :)

24 :)

just starte watching it. It's realy good

Whoes line is it..

probably the funniest thing on TV since... monkeys

Family guy :)

Prisson break.

Alot better than i thought it would be.

Lost... season 2..

the first season vas ok. nothing more.

So I saw episodes 3/4 of 24 series 5 today. Fsking amazing, I loved it.
I'm downloa - er, acquiring 3 and 4 right now, I wish I lived in America. What did you think of 1 and 2? I shed a tear whilst watching 1.

I'm such a dork.

I'm downloa - er, acquiring 3 and 4 right now, I wish I lived in America. What did you think of 1 and 2? I shed a tear whilst watching 1.

I'm such a dork.

I missed them because I wasn't really interested, I think I'll download them.

I also believe downloading TV shows is legal... I'm not certain but I think since the show does not lose out it doesn't matter. Plus big enough fans to download episodes usually watch them on TV and buy the DVD boxset too.

I see your point Shorty but its a grey area. Sure if people in Britain download episodes then American networks aren't loosing out, but if people in America do it then the networks are loosing out; less viewers, less advertising and thus less money and all that. So I think its just safe if we live in blissful ignorance and not mention it again ;)

nice to see my fave show of all time getting a mention, knight rider rocks! :D season three heading our way soon too!! :) :)

have to say though, that i am totally addicted to the new battlestar galactica, nothing else like it on tv! absolutely stunning!

i've also actually gotten back into (don't laugh lol!) baywatch! they've started showing it late monday to friday nights on uktv gold, and it's so easy to forget that its first five-odd years it was a pretty good show with decent characters. the first year is so different to what came after too.

i'm loving hogan knows best, bloody hilarious!

and i'm waiting to get lost on dvd as i lost track of the show on tv by missing a few weeks. patience is a virtue lol! (like any battlestar fan will tell you after the end of season one!!)

I can't believe I missed out Supernatural - co-starring Jensen Ackles who played a large part in Season 4 of Smallville, this became one of my favourite shows very quickly. For those of you who know nothing about it, it's a story of two brothers who travel accross country vaguely in search of their father, and fighting spirits, demons and ghosts etc.. The show almost let itself down a couple of times by blatantly ripping off a few movies - for example there's a scene where a girl in a dirty white robe with long black messy hair over her face crawls jerkily out of a mirror, it almost looks like they stole actual footage from "The Ring" and super-imposed it onto their own show. However I heard somewhere that this is done intentionally as a tribute... so I let them off.

I think the show's coming to England soon, it's genuinely scary in places for a TV show, and well written. I love the overall style too, they use a very specific colour pallette constantly, faded browns, khakis and blacks with high contrast lighting, its very indie looking.

WBDC%20Supernatural.jpg

Just seen an advert for Supernatural actually, was one of those artsy adverts that have no clips or anything; think Lost's original ad.

Anyway it was good, but the music choice was bad. I understand they were trying to go for alt/rock/gothish to go with the show but it didn't work.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!