NEurope
Hogge

Super Mario Maker

or just avoid every single coin and finish with 00 coins ;) 99 coins is a better route surely?

Totally forgot that it reset to zero when you reach 100! Maybe 50 or 99 then :heh:

Getting fed up with these stages that seem to be popular with Japanese players where you start with an enemy on top of you.

Most of the levels on 100 Mario challenge on expert are terrible! I have yet to get through 16 stages. There's hard and there's unfair.

You know what's annoying? When you're trying to make a set of 4 levels (World 2-1 to 2-4) and you keep coming up with too many good ideas to put into early levels so that you have to keep taking them out (putting them into their own respective new levels) and making these early levels over and over again...

I've had to make my 2-4 level three times now! I'm never gonna end up releasing anything new at this rate!

Edited by Dcubed

It has passed 1 million sales, and 2.2 million stages made (that means some people haven't even uploaded stages since many have uploaded 4+. What the hell?)

CQJW7o6WcAA9n2U.jpg:orig

CQJXENXWwAA0V9f.png:orig

Well deserved.

A cool million sold! Time for a Christmas DLC pack announcement I think...

It has passed 1 million sales, and 2.2 million stages made (that means some people haven't even uploaded stages since many have uploaded 4+. What the hell?)

CQJW7o6WcAA9n2U.jpg:orig

CQJXENXWwAA0V9f.png:orig

Well deserved.

Awesome. :awesome: And yeah, very well deserved indeed. :) It's just a shame it didn't arrive a lot sooner, as I seriously think it would've helped the Wii U situation quite a bit in that case. Oh well.

BTW, it's funny going back to the first page of this thread and seeing all the speculation about this game being real or not. :heh:

Clear the Mario Maker states Arino made for NicoNico Cho Kaigi, and you'll unlock the ability to play as 8-bit Arino. The stages aren't live yet. Details are forthcoming

600full-gamecenter-cx-screenshot.jpg

No idea if we'll be able to get it

I had a little time away from this in order to focus on Xenoblade Chronicles, amongst other things, but work is progressing on my next level so hopefully it'll be ready at some point tonight. It still needs considerable work until I'm satisfied with it but hopefully it'll be fun :hehe:

For the first time since getting Super Mario Maker, I used the 'Skip Level' feature during 100-Mario Challenge. It's not really something I wanted to do but I lost countless lives on a level which was just so awful that it didn't deserve to be played :nono:

I'm also sick of the sight of those 'automatic' stages where you don't press anything. Where on earth is the fun in that for the player?! ::shrug:

For the first time since getting Super Mario Maker, I used the 'Skip Level' feature during 100-Mario Challenge. It's not really something I wanted to do but I lost countless lives on a level which was just so awful that it didn't deserve to be played :nono:

I'm also sick of the sight of those 'automatic' stages where you don't press anything. Where on earth is the fun in that for the player?! ::shrug:

I actually came across one automatic level while my nephew was playing.. it was actually well thought out and quite fun to watch, I almost wanted to give it a star. but the majority look as though bits have been added in haphazardly.. mario's route is sloppy and random and it really is just so dull. Get a lot less of those on the medium setting.

I do prefer those levels to the levels that are impossible to complete without using one of the thousand invincibility stars scattered through out the stage.

Another new trend I've noticed in levels lately is that you start, and then suddenly a craptonne of enemies drop from above, previously being offscreen. It's worse than those where you have an enemy start right in front of you.

Pain in the arse.

Whenever I see a level like that, or one with an enemy in front of you, I just skip. They don't deserve my time

I skip countless levels. Not because they're too hard but because they're cheap, with enemies falling from above like Serebii said; they're automatic - what's the point?; or they're just designed as troll levels, with shit flying everywhere and enemies placed in every conceivable spot allowed!

Edited by somme

Levels with doors that just drop you over a hole or trap you in a room where you can only die is another pet peeve of mine. I've grown to hate door levels on 100 Mario due to this.

Blind jumps, too

Edited by Serebii

Blind jumps are fine if they're coin-posted.

Blocks with enemies in them 99% of the time is annoying. We get it, you can put bad guys in blocks, no need to fill your level with them.

Blind jumps are fine if they're coin-posted.

Blocks with enemies in them 99% of the time is annoying. We get it, you can put bad guys in blocks, no need to fill your level with them.

I do it from time to time. Usually just to actually make something easier. Say you have a pain of an enemy set to get through. You can do it, but will likely be hit. However, I will put a hidden block with a Koopa Trooper in and you can use that.

Don't forget there are lots of little kids playing this game. I just imagine some 4 year old laughing his ass off that people playing his level get killed by a Koopa in a question block. No harm done, of course it's bad level design.

The game could do with a better quality filtering/suggestion system though. I hope we'll see some improvements on that front in a future update.

I do it from time to time. Usually just to actually make something easier. Say you have a pain of an enemy set to get through. You can do it, but will likely be hit. However, I will put a hidden block with a Koopa Trooper in and you can use that.

Surely better level design would be to either have said koopa troopa wandering around nearby, or better yet, make the pain of an enemy challenging but beatable without taking a hit.

Surely better level design would be to either have said koopa troopa wandering around nearby, or better yet, make the pain of an enemy challenging but beatable without taking a hit.

I said likely, not guaranteed :p

It would be good if they let you rate a level out of 5 so they could start to pick out patterns and give you more levels that you are likely to enjoy.

I played a few medium levels today... and I just couldn't be bothered with it, it felt grindy or too easy. Getting amiibo costumes at the end is all well and good, but I don't really feel like I completed a game. If they just let people create a world where you have to play level 1 through 4 then that would be awesome. To quality control it to an extent, maybe have it so only top ranking players get to make worlds?

Anyway, I think I'm just going to start plugging through levels created on here, at least there is some quality control that way! :)

Shame the level code system is such a backward step though

If they just let people create a world where you have to play level 1 through 4 then that would be awesome. To quality control it to an extent, maybe have it so only top ranking players get to make worlds?

But then the only ones who get to create worlds are the Youtube personalities.

The top ranking creators are more about fame than actual good levels.

Which was inevitable.

Just stick with N-Europe, there's more than enough good levels there.

And even if you run out, you could try looking at the levels us lot have starred. I know I only star levels I genuinely enjoyed.

maybe just friends then... have a mario quest that's compiled of worlds created by friends.

They could decided world represented by the % completion average of all 4 levels. Maybe some feed back on where your world fits in (world 3 level etc.) would be nice too.

I got world 1 all into one level as one of my mario maker creations... the % completion is quite low, around 10%, which I would have imagined as world 8, so maybe not looking so much at % completion

Right! I know that it has been a long time since I last uploaded a level (think it's been more than 2 weeks! :o ), but the time is finally near!

Lucky you! You are getting Worlds 2, 3 AND 4 all at once! If all goes well and I get the time to give them a final spit and polish, I will be uploading all 12 of my new main levels either tonight or tomorrow morning! :bouncy:

Following that, Bonus 3, 4 and 5 will be uploaded either tomorrow or the day after!

If you guys like my new levels enough, I may have a special surprise lined up for you pretty soon as well... (let's just say that I do intend on following through to make Worlds 5-8, but I may be handling them a bit differently... ;) )

Although if nobody thinks much of them, then I probably won't bother and I'll just make them my own usual way :p

Edited by Dcubed

Another costume announced. CoroCoro is getting one based on their Mario caricature

CRXHwEMUAAI5eLZ.jpg

Ihz8tWe.jpg

I'll be taking part in Extra Life on the 7th November. I plan on doing a section on Super Mario Maker.

If you donate, I will play some Mario Maker levels of your choice (multiple, no strict limit on donation amount or how many you submit, but please be reasonable). These don't have to be yours, so feel free to punish me. I can't promise to complete them, but I'll give each one a decent amount of attempts.

Also, for your lot, I'll play one of your levels if you want me to (no donation needed), just PM with the level you want to see play.

I'll be cutting the Mario Maker section out and uploading it separately so you can find it easily after the event.

My donation page is https://www.justgiving.com/Cube-Extra-Life