NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

See thats an Amiibo I would actually buy. Along with the Lonk one.

DF14A5109C83A011CDBA9188E764748A1C96754C

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but is that a Cyanide & Happiness reference?

Because if so, I love you. That segment was hilarious!

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but is that a Cyanide & Happiness reference?

Because if so, I love you. That segment was hilarious!

It wasnt an intentional one no. I dont know if Lonk originally came from there or not. Its just something @Goafer showed me earlier this year.

I think Lonk was originally a Mii that showed up on someone's streetpass and went a bit viral. I would find the screenshot, but I'm posting from my phone and its a hassle.

It wasnt an intentional one no. I dont know if Lonk originally came from there or not. Its just something @Goafer showed me earlier this year.

Nope, I was mistaken. I was thinking of Lunk.

Check it out if you haven't, Cyanide and happiness lunk, it cracks me up.

If those cases could be wall mounted....

Want me to check it out next time I'm in central (probably next weekend)?

Want me to check it out next time I'm in central (probably next weekend)?

Yeah if you can, you can get logo mini figure cases that can be wall mountable and they make great display pieces, if those could do the same for amiibo it would be awesome

Amiibo battles can be quite entertaining to watch. Here's a free for all video of the 4 finalists at the last SteetPass South Wales tournament.

Yeah if you can, you can get logo mini figure cases that can be wall mountable and they make great display pieces, if those could do the same for amiibo it would be awesome

Logo? The TV channel? ;)

Where the bloody hell did the Pit get the baseball bat from? No one stood a chance against that! :laughing:

Confused! :wtf:

Where the bloody hell did the Pit get the baseball bat from? No one stood a chance against that! :laughing:

Confused! :wtf:

You can feed your amiibo items which upgrade their stats, some also come with abilities. Stuff like better jump height, health regeneration and holding certain items at the beginning of matches.

You can feed your amiibo items which upgrade their stats, some also come with abilities. Stuff like better jump height, health regeneration and holding certain items at the beginning of matches.

Ahhh ok thanks.

Unsure how I feel about that...! :blank:

Ahhh ok thanks.

Unsure how I feel about that...! :blank:

I like it, it adds a lot of randomness and entertainment. The actual final turned out completely differently, I think Pit just got extremely lucky in the other game. Here's the 'proper' final, both players agreed to have a team 2 vs 2 match as each had 2 in the final. Only 2 amiibo per person were allowed, I guess they trained theirs a lot better than everyone else!

That was more like it.

Urgh, I need to buy Smash Bros don't I?

I might nip into town tomorrow morning before my dentist appointment (ugh, dentist ha) and pick it up.

I've got such an urge to play it and will definitely get online with it if people are still playing it online?

I've just realised this is the amiibo thread and not the Smash one ha, sorry for thread hijacking people!

On the thread topic - I just saw the Dr. Mario amiibo that's due out. I absolutely love it!

I'd definitely buy that.

I just got back from GAME about an hour or so ago (picked up Smash Bro for Wii U) and whilst I was there I was perusing the amiibo stand.

They had a good number of amiibo figures on display.

Off top of my head they had Link, Samus, Peach, Pikachu, Kirby, Little Mac, Jigglypuff, Dark Pit, Charizard, Palutena, Ganandorf, King DeDeDe, Wario, Ike, Luigi, Zelda and Bowser. And I think that's it.

I was impressed by some (Palutena was fucking incredible detail wise) and some looked complete shit - Charizard. No detail what so ever on it which was disappointing.

I really really wanted to buy the Palutena one coz of how good it looked but didn't end up taking the plunge. I can't get over how big some of them are either I never expected them to be so chunky! Kirby in particular!

I can see how some of you are wanting them all. They're very cool I think!

Yeah the detail on Palutena is unbelievable. Easily the most high quality amiibo so far.

The quality just gets better with each wave. The Animal Crossing ones in particular look excellent.

Yeah the Dr. Mario one looks sweet too tbh.

It's bad but I feel the urge to collect them all now :laughing:

Though I know that is probably impossible as the majority of them aren't readily available at a decent price.

Yeah the Dr. Mario one looks sweet too tbh.

It's bad but I feel the urge to collect them all now :laughing:

Though I know that is probably impossible as the majority of them aren't readily available at a decent price.

Actually, I think you're stepping in at the perfect time! Restocks are popping up and the rarity of most of them is dropping.

At least buy Peach :heh:

the prices are getting better now. I was planning on one a month, so I guess I can buy one now (they've been out 9 months, right?)

Seriously I am stupidly tempted.

I really like some of them but I'm a bit OCD and would want them all then.

Typical too that the one I'd buy in a heartbeat is the one that's like gold dust. (NESS).

I started all OCD getting two of each (one to open and one to keep sealed) but then they just kept revealing new ones and I said f*$£ this my bank balance can't take it. So now I just pick up the ones I like.

Yeah I love them in their packaging!

I'd want to do that too but I just do not have that kind of money to start buying 2 of the bloody things what with all of other lifes necessities and what not haha.

I may pick one up tomorrow!