NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

I've heard a rumour from Marcamillian(his boss is apparently Amiibo-crazy) about some Yarn Yoshi being lost in a fire in france but I can't find any sources - has anyone else heard anything about this at all?

There was a very unclear, badly translated report about the "special edition" being "destroyed". However, it could also be translated to "out of stock".

I missed three parcels of Amiibo due to working from the office. They're booked for re-delivery Tuesday.

I did get two today.

YJvBuE5.jpg

Which means I can finally do this.

Y23qf6q.jpg

The parcels were probably Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus and Zelda. Villager should be her Tuesday or Wednesday.

Oh, and I can see why people complained about the Nintendo store. The boxes were squished in so the top cardboard part was bent over.

Edited by Cube

I had a Villager turn up from Amazon today, and I just snagged a Rosalina from gamescentre.co.uk (sold out now..) Glas they're doing these reprints! :)

I had a Villager turn up from Amazon today, and I just snagged a Rosalina from gamescentre.co.uk (sold out now..) Glas they're doing these reprints! :)
Is it the redesigned version of Villager?

Is it the redesigned version of Villager?

Yep! Looks like all the new lot will be this design now. Looks much better!

Oh my god, I missed a rosalina :( ARGH!!! I'll probably get a new villager too if I can...

Traded in some old games today and Grainger Games had quite of the new wave and reprints so I picked up Little Mac, so now I have a Japanese Little Mac as well the English one. Also my Silver Mario had been delivered to a neighbour which I just picked up.

IMG_20150628_135150.jpg

The assistant mentioned he had a friend who bought 2 of each. ome to open and one to keep sealed, and I was like "Do you know @Hero\-of\-Time?" (in my mind) :p

2jNFRtZ.jpg

Posted in a group I'm in.

It's over...restocks have put in decent supply. We may not have to overly worry much anymore

Now 90% of the population are burnt out, scalpers have stopped bulk purchasing for fear of being stuck with unsellable stock... and the shops are going to be full of amiibo no one wants to buy ;)

I'll buy a bunch when they try to ditch them in a buy one get two free sale :heh:

You mean I can now just...buy them at will?

This is not good.

(Also, I ordered a regular Samus).

Now 90% of the population are burnt out, scalpers have stopped bulk purchasing for fear of being stuck with unsellable stock... and the shops are going to be full of amiibo no one wants to buy ;)

I'll buy a bunch when they try to ditch them in a buy one get two free sale :heh:

Now we're into the characters that nobody outside the core know so nobody is buying them :p

Are you saying that people don't know who Dark Pit, Palutena and Lucas are? Surely everyone knows who Lucas is. He was in the immensely popular EarthBound Endings.

Small question: Can an amiibo bought in the US be used on European hardware?

Small question: Can an amiibo bought in the US be used on European hardware?

Yes, they can, There's no difference in the technology between different regions.

If you want you can also use the Japanese version for example.

Only Villager arrived today:

TwEtIc2.jpg

Collection so far:

Cqklz14.jpg

I've got multiple parcels arriving tomorrow. Pac-man will be Thursday.

Edited by Cube

Every time that compatiblity chart is updated, it keeps reminding me that we still haven't got that One Piece game.

Come on, Bamcoooo! :(

Let's say, for argument sake, that 1 Amiibo can be used in every game listed (not counting the coming soon games) that's a total of 19 games. Now let's say each unlockable sold as DLC costs on average £0.99. That's £18.81. Considering Amiibo costs between £10 and £15 then I'd say that's good value for money since you also get a physical item.

(£0.49 comes to around £9.31 which is still pretty good).

I realise the math isn't perfect since Amiibo don't unlock anything in Smash and Amiibo Tap just unlocks what are essentially demoes.

And yes, I'm ignoring the fact that some of those could have been unlockable content but that's the was the industry is now, before someone brings that up.

Every time that compatiblity chart is updated, it keeps reminding me that we still haven't got that One Piece game.

Come on, Bamcoooo! :(

Oh, I forgot about that game. Bamco are really weird when it comes to localising Dragon Ball and One Piece games I've noticed, sometimes they just won't localise a game for no good reason.

They're excellent value for money, especially with the improved quality of the figures themselves.

Let's say, for argument sake, that 1 Amiibo can be used in every game listed (not counting the coming soon games) that's a total of 19 games. Now let's say each unlockable sold as DLC costs on average £0.99. That's £18.81. Considering Amiibo costs between £10 and £15 then I'd say that's good value for money since you also get a physical item.

(£0.49 comes to around £9.31 which is still pretty good).

I realise the math isn't perfect since Amiibo don't unlock anything in Smash and Amiibo Tap just unlocks what are essentially demoes.

And yes, I'm ignoring the fact that some of those could have been unlockable content but that's the was the industry is now, before someone brings that up.

Oh, I forgot about that game. Bamco are really weird when it comes to localising Dragon Ball and One Piece games I've noticed, sometimes they just won't localise a game for no good reason.

The value for figures is just going to get better and better as more games come, though new lines will also come.

I personally won't be getting the same character twice, even if it's in a different series.

I personally won't be getting the same character twice, even if it's in a different series.

Well, apart from the obvious ones (ZZS/Samus, Link/Toon Link) which don't really count as the same character, I can see some exceptions: Yarn Yoshi and 8-Bit Mario.

Well, apart from the obvious ones (ZZS/Samus, Link/Toon Link) which don't really count as the same character, I can see some exceptions: Yarn Yoshi and 8-Bit Mario.

Well yeah, it has to be awesome for it to happen/

I'm pretty damn impressed with GAME's packaging for my single RRP Amiibo. How Shopto can use "packaging" as their reason for the price increase, I have no idea.

Anyway, today's arrivals:

44TDZa9.jpg

Edit: Also, Zero Suit Samus unlocks the Samus suit in MK8. I was curious if it would do that.

Edited by Cube

@dazzybee Smyths seemed to have got a bunch of Rosalina in stock. I've checked my local ones but they haven't got any for you but I suggest you do a stock check on the website for the stores near you.