Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Virtual Reality

Daft

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

DriveClub lives on.

Sony Interactive Entertainment has announced Driveclub VR for PlayStation VR.

This new version of Driveclub offers a realistic racing experience previously unseen with a cockpit view through the PlayStation VR headset, as well as realistic sound with 3D audio, a mode where you can view each car from various angles, and newly added urban area courses.

Driveclub VR will launch alongside PlayStation VR on October 13. In Japan, it will cost 4,900 yen at retail and via download.

I hate driving simulators, but I think in VR they could actually be really great. Hearing this then made me think about how good a VR F Zero would be....

I think a VR F Zero would probably make me feel sick if i'm being honest

I hate driving simulators, but I think in VR they could actually be really great. Hearing this then made me think about how good a VR F Zero would be....

Or at least WipeOut. Imagine Zone Mode to your own music in VR. :love:

Stupid fucking Sony...

At least they're finally introducing folders.

Or at least WipeOut. Imagine Zone Mode to your own music in VR. :love:

Stupid fucking Sony...

At least they're finally introducing folders.

Yeah Wipeout would be amazing too, still love the VITA game today, but what do you mean, have they officially abounded the servers?

Also, folders, are you joking, or are they coming :D

Sony closed down Studio Liverpool a while back, so no more Wipeout. Dumb fucks.

I share Blade's scepticism about a VR podracer though. Eesh.

Pod racer? Yes. Episode 1 Pod Racer would be amazing in VR too!!

I'm so excited for PSVR. Doesn't seem to be loads of excitement for VR on these boards... I personally cannot wait to try it all out!

I'm so excited for PSVR. Doesn't seem to be loads of excitement for VR on these boards... I personally cannot wait to try it all out!

I'm very excited for VR. :D

Yasss folders.

Yeah, I cannot fucking wait for VR. Might have a chance to give PSVR later this afternoon.

I've only given the Oculus DK2 and the Galaxy one...which was surprisingly good. My brother got a Vive but I've not had a change to have a go on it yet.

Oh god, Pod Racer in VR would be orgasmic. If that doesn't give you motion sickness, nothing will. NOTHING!

I'm quite excited now to see where VR goes. It's getting pretty serious now and I think the technology will just get better and better. Imagine playing a whole Metroid Prime game in VR. Hnnnnnggggg.

• 1 month later...

PSVR to come bundled with a demo disc featuring....

DRIVECLUB VR – Evolution Studios

Feel the speed of high-octane racing in an entirely new way – you’ve literally never seen DRIVECLUB like this before.

PlayStation VR Worlds – LONDON STUDIO

In this demo you get to make a splash in the perilous waters of Ocean Descent, one of the five PS VR experiences available in the full game. Amazing sights, a lost secret and extreme danger all await…

You can get even more info on PlayStation VR Worlds right here.

RIGS Mechanized Combat League – Guerrilla Games

Master some of the most sophisticated and athletic fighting machinery ever created, in fast-paced arena combat – this is the future of sport.

Tumble VR – Supermassive Games

Explore a new dimension in puzzling with a fully 3D version of the classic block stacking game.

Battlezone – Rebellion

Experience tomorrow’s battlefield today in the powerful Cobra tank, and demolish all that trundles in your path.

EVE: Valkyrie – CCP

Take to the stars and blast your way through swarms of enemy fighters in nerve-shredding space bound battles. Catch up on everything from our massive EVE: Valkyrie week, here.

Wayward Sky – Uber Entertainment

Soar among the beauty of the clouds in search for your father, in a crumbling airborne fortress.

Headmaster – Frame Interactive

Have a little kick around (erm… with your head) over at the wonderful Football Improvement Centre, which is most certainly not a prison of any kind whatsoever.

• 3 weeks later...

So PSVR is out in a couple of weeks and this is on the second page? I guess VR has a LONG way to go ... Anyways, I'm still excited, but realised I need camera and move controllers... ARGH!!! I had both at one point... does anyone know of any deals?! Or have I left it WAY too late?

Also does anyone know of any good impressions/reviews of it and the launch line up and stuff? Want to get preordering what's needed. There's a bizarre lack of info and impressions online....