UhMcyt1.jpg

443496.jpg

443497.jpg

- Zestiria refers to "Zest", meaning passion or zeal;

- Game has character designs from Inomata, Fujishima, Okumura, and Iwamoto;

- Seems to be more "open-world" and to have "bigger fields";

- Takes place on the continent of Greenwood;

- War between the Highland Kingdom and the Lawrence Empire;

- Baba says that they built the new LMBS based on surveys asking what system fans enjoyed the most;

- The story will revolve around the subject of “dragons,” which is also the reason why it’s shown in the logo of the new title. According to Baba, dragons symbolize fantasy, which is something they’d like to focus on for the upcoming title;

- UFOTABLE confirmed;

- Hikaru Kondo, producer of Japanese animation studio Ufotable, who worked on the Tales of Symphonia OVAs, will also be involved in the development of Tales of Zestiria;

- War between the Highland Kingdom and the Lawrence Empire;

fuuuu.jpg

:p

They could have had any name for their warring factions and they went with those?* :hmm:

*Disclaimer - My brother is also called Lawrence, while I personally like the name I don't see why it's so fitting in a mainline Tales game.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

If you guys want a deal on this, Rice Digital have it for PS4 at £37.99, if that isn't enough, until the 6th of October you can use this discount code for a further £3.80 discount.

RICETALES

This code will also work on other Tales games too if you'd much rather get those instead.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

• 2 weeks later...

Cant decide if I should get Tales of Zestiria on Steam now so it will come with a free copy of Tales of Symphonia or get Zestiria on PS4 and have a better chance of actually sticking with it. Im still finding at the moment that I get less distracted playing console games so will actually complete a lot more of them.

Cant decide if I should get Tales of Zestiria on Steam now so it will come with a free copy of Tales of Symphonia or get Zestiria on PS4 and have a better chance of actually sticking with it. Im still finding at the moment that I get less distracted playing console games so will actually complete a lot more of them.

Even if you get a free Symphonia with it, if you're not going to stick with it I'd recommend getting the PS4 version then.

I haven't gotten far enough in yet to comment on the game it self much, but the PC port is awful.

• It's locked at 30 FPS. No way to fix this either as the simulation is tied to the frame rate
  • The audio sounds like it's coming through a walkie-talkie unless you configure Windows to output audio at 48 KHz
  • The game crashes at certain points when certain audio devices are connected (it works fine with my HT OMEGA Fenix, but crashed when I had my Logitech G430 plugged in)
  • V-sync doesn't always work when enabled
  • The only in-game anti aliasing option is FXAA (I haven't tried to force MSAA or MFAA yet)

Otherwise, the environments seem pretty bland and empty compared to previous games. I'll say more when I've gotten further in.

I so wish Symphonia was released on the PS4!

Does this game live up to it?

The storyline isn't as good as Symphonia (no Tales game has managed to beat it yet - their two forces portion had more facets I always thought)

And the battle system feels rather complicated. Since Sorey can fuse with 4 different spirits, naturally the Artes change. Which means 5 sets of different moves to remember and remix. Although at the moment I've not learned enough Artes on one character to change them around yet. Here's hoping I can get a Sword Rain + Beast chain, which I loved opening a battle with. It seems a case of trying to cram as many different "characters" in one game and the associated Artes, as such I can't see as much customization with it as the game continues. Could be wrong though. Button bashing all the way here.

The stats chain thing seems an awful mess. There's this grid thing with 5x5 symbols, with equipment lighting some of them up. If they are in a line or next to each other in some way you get extra bonuses, but the way they go about explaining it is shit - "So if I get a E-Union bonus of 3, I won't get the 1 or 2 bonuses?" and random bollocks. For me it's just going to be a case of just checking the main stat numbers going up that decides if some equipment is worth putting on.

It's not going to beat Graces f (my favourite Tales) anytime soon.

I'm not liking the equipment system myself either. Fusing properties and attributes reminds me too much of the systems in the Atelier games and I don't like it. I usually play Tales of games one difficulty above standard but because of this I turned it back down to standard and like you just look at the main stats. Also, partly because of this, I've decided I won't use the guide in the 2nd playthrough, but instead the 1st. Issue is, there is some delay problem, so I don't think I will be getting it before next weak, at the earliest I fear.

If I find myself discovering the same items, I'll fuse dat shit. But I won't be buying extra equipment of the same name just for the sake of fusing. Until the next gemstone/metal themed equipment comes along (Just gone from Amber stuff to Calcite stuff, what happened to all the lovely names?) then everything will get phased out.

I wasn't sure about the combat at first and whilst I'm still early in the game, I am absolutely loving it now that I've spent a little more time with, it reminds me a lot of the combat in Graces f just with a little extra depth.

I'd have to agree with others above that the skills system does seem to be needlessly convoluted and I do wonder if my consistently fusing extra gear isn't always a good thing, yes the core stat increases may be useful but I'm also a little wary of losing a really beneficial skill. I will give it a but more time to see if I can get a proper grip on it though.

It's probably a little too early for me to comment on the story as yet but it does seem to be a little darker than some of the previous games in the franchise.

I wasn't sure about the combat at first and whilst I'm still early in the game, I am absolutely loving it now that I've spent a little more time with, it reminds me a lot of the combat in Graces f just with a little extra depth.

I'd have to agree with others above that the skills system does seem to be needlessly convoluted and I do wonder if my consistently fusing extra gear isn't always a good thing, yes the core stat increases may be useful but I'm also a little wary of losing a really beneficial skill. I will give it a but more time to see if I can get a proper grip on it though.

I'm about 15-20 hours in and I'm getting more used to the combat. Although it's mainly instead of regular button bashing, I just waggle the stick around as well so the artes look all pretty.

your reviews of this game have really put me off this! i haven't played a tails since Graces F and i loved that, all the above makes this seem way inferior to it

That means y'all won't be disappointed when you get it and play it.