N-Europe

X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

Happenstance

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Yeah I do like the colour and 'cartooniness' of it.

I do however think Apocalypse looks absolutely awful... especially given how he looks in the comics.

And like Independence Day, they've pushed the CGI to a point where it just looks blatant and far too busy.

Excited to see new Cyclops and Jean! Thank god we get a redemption to their awful endings last trilogy round.

Question though, when was Psylocke a big deal? I don't remember her from the 90's cartoons (really my only X-Men knowledge apart from the modern films), and yet she's big enough to be one of the four horsemen here?

Edited by Retro_Link

Excited to see new Cyclops and Jean! Thank god we get a redemption to their awful endings last trilogy round.

Question though, when was Psylocke a big deal? I don't remember her from the 90's cartoons (really my only X-Men knowledge apart from the modern films), and yet she's big enough to be one of the four horsemen here?

Psylocke drops in and out of the X-Men from time to time (she's another one who has died a few times and switched bodies) but she's a fairly big member of the team.

EDIT: Also she was in the 90s cartoon at some point, I just cant remember when or why

video-undefined-278A37E500000578-887_636x358.jpg

She was a tank in the comics back in the late 90s.

61BdUMwbRiL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

In that comic she got the hell beaten out of her by Sabertooth, to the point where she was on deaths door. The following story line ( Crimson Dawn, where they saved her life ) turned her her into an absolute beast, where her powers evolved to the point where she could jump in and out of shadows.

EDIT: Also she was in the 90s cartoon at some point, I just cant remember when or why

video-undefined-278A37E500000578-887_636x358.jpg

I think that was part of that 5 part storyline where Apocalypse was kidnapping all the psychic mutants.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The trailer...was genuinely a little bit better. I was going to see it anyway, but I was getting X-Men 3 vibes before. Not so much now.

Glad Wolverine is finally confirmed for this film, as is Magneto being Quicksilver's father in this universe. Hopefully they don't show too much in upcoming TV spots.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just here to say... WHAT a great movie! Hands down the best super hero movie I've seen this year and in recent memory. All characters were pretty much on point and every scene always had something interesting (BatmanSuperman can learn something here). Apocalypse was portrayed excellently. Magneto's pain was powerful. I was fully engaged throughout 10/10

I saw it last night and really enjoyed it. It has a few flaws like

Overlooking thousands/millions of deaths

but the action was enjoyable and the characters were fun to watch (if kind of lacking emotion for the most part).

I saw it last night and really enjoyed it. It has a few flaws like

Overlooking thousands/millions of deaths

but the action was enjoyable and the characters were fun to watch (if kind of lacking emotion for the most part).

I felt they kind of (lightly) dealt with that at the end.

I thought the movie was alright but not brilliant. For me there are certainly better X-Men movies though.

I thought it all felt a bit rushed. Apocalypse could have been Fox's Thanos with a good build up.

Jean going Phoenix needed way more build up as well. X3 may have been terrible but it at least had the end of X2.

Also I know Days of Future Past lets them change certain aspects of the X-Men timeline but it still makes no sense to me how that event somehow allowed characters to be born decades earlier than they were meant to be :p

Also I know Days of Future Past lets them change certain aspects of the X-Men timeline but it still makes no sense to me how that event somehow allowed characters to be born decades earlier than they were meant to be :p

The more you think about the X-Men continuity, the less sense it makes.

Well i loved it, i thought it was a great movie, certainly better than some others in the series

Continuity wise i don't know how it all works at all, some events seem to coincide with the potential futures others contradict it, its best to take a sort of timey wimey wibbly wobbly view of it that it doesn't make sense and just assume its all rebooted and certain things are bound to happen in some way and then think no more about it

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this on the weekend.

I really enjoyed it.

As for continuity...whatever.

And Magneto getting away with directly killing...a lot of people. And then just having a friendly chat with Xavier at the end...I'm just going to ignore that.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!