NEurope
Mokong

Christmas Films

Was about to post in teh General Movie thread but thought maybe its own Thread would be better.

So the question(s), what are your favourite Christmas films? Do you have a film that you watch as a traditional first film of Christmas or a film that you traditionally must watch Christmas Eve? Or just a film that must be watched at some point (or multiple times) during December?

Usually The Muppets Christmas Carole is my first film of Christmas, I'd normally watch it right after putting up the tree which I would normally do the first weekend of December. Last few years though, since my son was born on Dec 7th three years ago decided to wait till after his birthday party now to put up the tree, so be this day week when I put up the tree and watch Muppets Christmas Carole :)

But I've just watched my first Christmas Film of this year, The Polar Express, my first time seeing it too. Didn't plan to put it on, turned on Netflix on the Wii U so Oisín could watch some kids shows he likes to watch, he knows how to navigate and play what he wants so I just gave him the Gamepad and let him work away.

Went to get a drink and came back and he had turned on The Polar Express (he's never seen it before either, the train picture must have caught his eye, he likes trains), so sat down and watched with him. LOVED IT :D Really good feel-good Xmas film and Oisín loved it too, usually when a film is on he'll be half watching half playing with a toy but a few films (ones he really likes) he sits still so quietly watching.

Think The Polar Express will now be added to my list of traditional Xmas films :D

Ah Christmas movies, how I love them. My list in no particular order:

Home Alone

Home Alone 2

The Nightmare Before Christmas

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

A Charlie Brown Christmas

It's a Wonderful Life

Elf

A Muppet Christmas Carol

Mickey's Christmas Carol

The Snowman

White Christmas

Scrooged

The Santa Clause

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

I think that's all of them...

The Santa Clause is my favorite Christmas movie! :)

This year I will also be watching The Dark Knight Rises as a Christmas movie. It has snow in it.

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation for me.

"Merry? I'm merrier than Bing F***ing Crosby!"

Home Alone 1 & 2 and The Nightmare Before Christmas are the only 'Christmassy' films that are a must for me to sit and watch in and around Christmas day.

However, the other 2 films that I always watch as part of the Christmas holiday every year are Cool Runnings and Who Framed Roger Rabbit? They've pretty much become a traditional watch and have been since I was a kid. There are other films that are slowly joining those 2, like Paulie and Big, thanks to the BBC trotting out the same films every year at Christmas although in the cases mentioned, I love both of them.

For me it is Home Alone 1 & 2 and Die Hard. Can't think of any others at the moment...

I always watch Three Wishes for Cinderella. Along with Journey to the Christmas Star it's one of those "everyone" watch on Christmas over here. Used to watch Christmas Vacation every year too but I've grown tired of it and have skipped it for the past few years.

For me, that's Home Alone 2 (our channels always air that one) and Love Actually.

Oh, and any Disney film is practically an unspoken tradition. Last year, our channels aired Tangled and Lion King, let's see what this year brings (hopefully Finding Nemo)

Usually Home Alone 1 and 2. Though maybe this year we will watch something else. Might have to be the Muppets film, as I think I have only seen it once or twice (I think, maybe).

Scrooge The musical with Albert Finney. Hauntingly beautiful.

As I clicked "Thanks" I was singing "Thank you very much" in my head :D

As I clicked "Thanks" I was singing "Thank you very much" in my head :D

That's the nicest thing that anyone's ever done for me!

Gremlins has been mentioned. Any work I had to do here has been done.

I've found Harry Potter to be pretty darned festive. Nice to have on while you're wrong presents and such.

Harry Potters (obviously), The Muppets Christmas Carol (obviously), The Nightmare Before Christmas, Elf, Home Alone 1 and 2, Die Hard, Gremlins, Jack Frost, Bad Santa and the Disney Classics.

Jingle All The Fucking Way.

Home Alone 1 and 2 are iconic. More so the first.

Die Hard.

I'm out, so I'm going to suggest Jingle All The Way twice.

GIMME DA TURBO MAN DOLLLLLLLL.