Ike

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Digital Foundry's technical analysis of Super Mario 3D World:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-super-mario-3d-world

A rock-solid 60fps throughout. :cool:

There is actually one point in the game where I think it dips slightly...

One of the later levels where you ride on Plessie. If you manage to take out every single Para-Biddybud at the end, there's a noticeable jolt in the frame rate.

Amazing achievement though, considering how good the game looks and the hardware it's running on. :bowdown:

Digital Foundry's technical analysis of Super Mario 3D World:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-super-mario-3d-world

A rock-solid 60fps throughout. :cool:

There is actually one point in the game where I think it dips slightly...

One of the later levels where you ride on Plessie. If you manage to take out every single Para-Biddybud at the end, there's a noticeable jolt in the frame rate.

Amazing achievement though, considering how good the game looks and the hardware it's running on. :bowdown:

The comments there, and on GAF, make me sad.

Well deserved, though. Nintendo focuses on making things perfect, rather than rushing out for a date with a large day one patch. It's this kind of thing that makes me stick with Nintendo, always.

I was out and about in town today and popped into GAME. There was a lass working for Nintendo demoing Mario for the public. There was a little kid struggling to do a level where you have to flip the blue panels but he kept walking on them and turning them back to blue rather than keeping them yellow. I walked over and showed him how to flip them by standing still and using the touch screen. The lass was shocked and said how she didn't know you could do that and thanked me for my help.

Nice to see Nintendo are hiring people informed about their products and know how to use them. :D

I was out and about in town today and popped into GAME. There was a lass working for Nintendo demoing Mario for the public. There was a little kid struggling to do a level where you have to flip the blue panels but he kept walking on them and turning them back to blue rather than keeping them yellow. I walked over and showed him how to flip them by standing still and using the touch screen. The lass was shocked and said how she didn't know you could do that and thanked me for my help.

Nice to see Nintendo are hiring people informed about their products and know how to use them. :D

Wait, you can do that??

Just be grateful they've hired people and have demo kiosks setup. There's none here in Ireland, plenty of XBONE ana PS4 kiosks all setup with games. Smyths had Wii U kiosks a long time ago but that was the one with about 20 videos and 1 demo (Rayman Legends). I've never seen HMV setup a Wii U kiosk. The other day they had FIFA on the PS4 and I guess it was Forza on the XBONE.

At the metro centre? May pop in :)

At last! :yay: No, not that level :heh: this one:

m9p6.jpg

Which was bad enough. :D

Just Champion's Road left to complete...

I've now managed to make it up to a part with anti-gravity water and moving spike walls, :hehe: after finally giving up at trying to complete the level with just regular old Mario and instead used the Tanooki Suit. :blush:

Have got the first section pretty much perfected now, but it's just those last few beat platforms (before the first green star) that I can't seem to pass consistently without Tanooki. :hmm:

It also doesn't help that I'm constantly smiling like a nutter, or cracking up every single time I play this level! :laughing: Just can't help it though, it's so damn funny. :grin:

In a way I'm kind of hoping I never complete Champion's Road, so I can keep playing this game forever. :hehe:

There are actually lots of cool things you can do with the touch screen in this game, it's been really well implemented. icon14.gif

I like making the bunny rabbits dizzy. :D Run away from me will you?! :heh:

You can even use your finger to draw (albeit briefly) on levels/areas with soft ground, like snow and sand. :cool:

I can't believe I'm the only one who knew about this on here! Casual gamers! :D:heh:

haha i didn't know either until i saw your post :smile: I was causing madness with it lol. I kept changing the blocks back to blue on the gamepad, the confused faces on my brothers were priceless lol.

Them: Why are they changing!!? :confused:

Me: This is what happens on this level we have to do it REALLY fast so they don't change back.

Them: How come that hand keeps appearing on the screen!? Oh it's YOU!!!! on the gamepad!!!!

I was bursting with laughter, absolutely brilliant!

So has anyone who ordered from LAME had their sleeve / keyring yet? ::shrug:

Still nothing and they haven't replied to my email either. :blank:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!