NEurope
Ike

The Super Mario 3D World thread

It's A-Me!

mario.png

Journey with Mario, Luigi and more to the Sprixie Kingdom in SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD! Bowser has kidnapped the Sprixie Princess, and it’s up to Mario and his friends to rescue her, racing to the Goal Pole at the end of various stages along the way! The Sprixie Kingdom contains all sorts of troublesome tricks and traps for our heroes to negotiate: transparent pipes to squeeze through, balls to aim and throw at enemies, and moving trains with roofs to ride! There may even be times when they need to clamber over a wall, just like a cat! With four-player local multiplayer and special Wii U GamePad controls, SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD is an all-new adventure that’s only available on Wii U!

Mario’s range of headwear – and special abilities – continues to expand! Along with classics such as Tanooki Mario and Boomerang Mario, there are several new power-ups to discover. Pick up a Super Bell to turn Mario into a wall-climbing, claw-scratching cat, wear a Cannon Box on your head to launch projectiles, or collect a Double Cherry to generate a helpful clone so you can attack on the double!

This adventure isn’t all about Mario, though! Luigi, Princess Peach and Toad are along for the ride too, and they each have different skills and abilities to offer. Mario offers the most balanced set of skills, while Luigi can leap the highest, Princess Peach can hover in mid-air and Toad is the fastest on the ground. Choose whichever character you like and use their unique skills to fully explore every corner of the courses!

Up to four people can play together in SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD’s local multiplayer mode – work together to clear a stage or compete to see who can get the highest score at the end of each level! A variety of different controllers* can be used, so select the one which best suits your style of play.

Uncover one of the many Stamps hidden throughout the Sprixie Kingdom and you can use it to customise the messages you post to Miiverse from within the game. Have fun collecting them all!

Discover a new world rendered in HD in the first ever multiplayer 3D Mario adventure

Play as Mario or a number of other characters, each with their own unique personalities

Revisit classic power-ups and discover plenty of exciting new abilities

Collect special Stamps to customise in-game Miiverse posts

When's It Out?

• Australia: 30/11/2013
  • Europe: 29/11/2013
  • Japan: 21/11/2013
  • N. America: 22/11/2013

What Controllers Can I Use?

• GamePad
  • Wii Remote
  • Wii Remote + Nunchuck,
  • Classic Controller Pro
  • Wii U Pro Controller

File Size

1702MB / 1.7GB (rounded up)

Media

(May contain spoilers, watch at your own risk)

mariogatojuega_944864b.jpg

10039112953_64112e6170_o.jpg

10039015955_40e56ed15d_o.jpg

10039106093_7668bcd624_o.jpg

10039008675_e3998d5e5d_o.jpg

Reviews

mario03pg3.png

Iwata Laughs

main1.jpg

Miiverse Communities

Y5w.gif

[countdown=11/29/2013 00:00 AM;It is finally here]Countdown to EU Release:[/countdown]

Edited by Ike

I wanted to put this in the Mario thread but ya know

Just thought this should be here

Just let it go Wii :p

AMAZING!!!!!

But why the new thread?!

Just read the absolute travesty of the other thread, question well and truly answered...

This place can be unbearable at times...

But anyway, can't freaking wait for this game. Annoyingly, I'm living with some friends until the 9th december and won't be able to game like I usually do; don't know whether to dip into this occasionally, or just wait til I leave and blitz it!

Just thought this should be here

Just let it go Wii :p

That's fine. This is where it belongs, not in the Wii U general discussion thread but I know why it happened.

GameXplain - Super Mario 3D World Discussion with TheBitBlock's Josh Thomas (Wii U)

Can't embed it on the thread but anyway it's a really long but great discussion covering everything and I can see why people have differing reviews.

Edited by Retro_Link
fixed youtube link

But anyway, can't freaking wait for this game. Annoyingly, I'm living with some friends until the 9th december and won't be able to game like I usually do; don't know whether to dip into this occasionally, or just wait til I leave and blitz it!

Interesting conundrum... Surely they should be forced to pay it with you! Make s sad pug face at them until they do.

Interesting conundrum... Surely they should be forced to pay it with you! Make s sad pug face at them until they do.

I actually think they may play it with me, they'r emote wii karaoke, just dance, wii sports, nintendoland type of people, but think they'd try... Though do I want to????

I actually think they may play it with me, they'r emote wii karaoke, just dance, wii sports, nintendoland type of people, but think they'd try... Though do I want to????

I get the impression that it's going to be quite like Mario Kart/sex: fun on your own but much better with others!

So can't wait for this...though I don't want to rush Zelda to get it done before then :(

I get the impression that it's going to be quite like Mario Kart/sex: fun on your own but much better with others!

You've never had a posh wank then!!

You've never had a posh wank then!!

That's not what the Wii Remote jacket is for!!!! :o

Hmmmmm......

I still hate the name of this game....what year it is that we are still slapping 3D in game titles?1996?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why the need for a new thread?

I'm not really sure to be honest, seems a shame to start a new one when a 2 day break on the other one would have been enough but oh well :)

Ah yes.. There was a heated argument over the review score, it was getting out of hand so a mod closed it.

What review score? It's been getting good scores no?

What review score? It's been getting good scores no?

We really don't need to go over it again... :shakehead

Just read the old thread if you need to satisfy your curiosity. :awesome:

In Mario game related news do we know if this supports the pro controller? I still haven't found much of a use for mine but think this would be a pretty good game to use it with - unless of course the game pad is used in such a way that it'd be foolish to play with anything but that. Which I doubt! :heh:

Hmm, watched the trailer video in the original post. Not sure how I feel about 'Connect to the Internet' with no explanation really given, right after showcasing multiplayer.