NEurope
Hero-of-Time

FAST:Racing Neo

Played some FAST this weekend. I'd it me or is too hard? The cars you start with are slow and they just overtake you all the time, unless I'm missing something. I can have perfect laps but still fall behind....

Yeah, it is really tough! The rubber banding is just crazy, especially on the highest difficulty!

All I can suggest is to just practice and to stick with the Faia VM and the DT Bozuton when you unlock it. The other cars aren't worth bothering with :p

Nah, we're talking about the original Wii game.

FAST Racing Neo is the sequel that's due to come out later this year.

Man, almost 2 years since the initial reveal! :o Is this Shin'en's longest project to date?

It's a shame this is likely to get released (and therefore lost) among all the big Q4 titles. :blank:

Man, almost 2 years since the initial reveal! :o Is this Shin'en's longest project to date?

It's a shame this is likely to get released (and therefore lost) among all the big Q4 titles. :blank:

It is indeed. On the other hand though, Starfox Zero being pushed back is a blessing for them. If they can get it out in November, they'll be pretty well placed as far as Wii U titles go ;)

It is indeed. On the other hand though, Starfox Zero being pushed back is a blessing for them. If they can get it out in November, they'll be pretty well placed as far as Wii U titles go ;)
I was gonna say, I thought this was the big Q4 title!
Yeah, I was in multiplatform mode when I mentioned the big Q4 titles. :hehe:

Obviously not so much of an issue as far as the Wii U specific schedule is concerned.

So good. :awesome:

Wish it was out this month though (i.e. right now! :heh:), as December is already jam-packed.

Hope it has better AI than the original, that game is just stupidly hard, even a perfect race can be a loss if you're in the wrong car...

It's crazy, I just don't see other independent studios with such a mastery of 3D graphics as Shin'en.

It's crazy, I just don't see other independent studios with such a mastery of 3D graphics as Shin'en.

Well that's 'cause these guys come from the Amiga demoscene. They're made of former members of Abyss.

They're like coding wizards! It's insane what they can pump out for how small a team they are! : peace:

Edited by Dcubed

That's just exactly it though, it isn't F-Zero or Wipeout or any other futuristic racer you care to mention.

While passing comparisons will be made, FAST is its own thing and it's glorious.

This sequel looks to significantly improve upon the original which was already amazing considering what Shin'en were up against with the paltry limitations of the Wii shop channel.

Now we get to see what their true vision for the series is and I for one cannot wait. : peace:

It's crazy that this is only an e-shop title and it's been in development for so long. It looks really nice, I never played the original so wasn't aware that the AI was a bit off, I tend to be terrible at racing games so hopefully it's more forgiving than you guys say the original was!

Apparently this is out on Thursday in the US. So it might not have to be a December release over here!

Edit: Ah, nope. They have changed it back in the trailer again. Damn.

Edited by MindFreak

Apparently this is out on Thursday in the US. So it might not have to be a December release over here!

Edit: Ah, nope. They have changed it back in the trailer again. Damn.

Yeah, I saw that over on Neogaf and got seriously hyped. Shame it was a mistake. :(

Would be good if they could at least get a demo out this month.

I may finally download FAST Racing League on the Wii as it would be great to have another excuse to get the Wii Wheel out :grin:

I played the demo again earlier this year and it definitely put me in the mood to play it but I never got around to it :red:

I hope the price is acceptable, as it is eShop only title. If it is, I will probably just buy it, as there is money left from the sales.

Ah, finally the PS4 version will be announced. : peace:

:laughing:

Shame I won't ever play this game as I'll sell my Wii U soon. FAST: Racing Neo looks cool.

[TWEET]671695575033782274[/TWEET]

:bouncy:

Probably the price and release date.

Bring it on! :bouncy:

Date and price finally announced.

It's an eagerly anticipated Wii U eShop exclusive, and now Shin'en Multimedia has finally confirmed the launch details for FAST Racing NEO; the good news is that we'll be on the grid soon.

It will arrive in North America and Europe on 10th December, and even better it'll be at a rather reasonable €14.99 / $14.99 / £10.99. Shin'en has even released a snazzy movie-style poster to celebrate the occasion.

630x.jpg

Very happy with that price. :yay: