NEurope
Murr

Retro Toys

The Power Rangers thread inspired me for this.

Do you still have any of your old toys in either your loft / basement or your parents lofts?

When clearing out my stuff from the loft when I moved out, I actually begged my parents if they could keep some stuff in their loft for a while. Thinking i'd either hold onto it for future child... or sell it... or just keep it for nostalgia sake.

Well off the top of my head I can remember some of the stuff I kept (And looking back now, damn glad I did).

*DISCLAIMER* Not pictures of my toys

international-rescue-tracy-island.jpg

With all the figures for it.

3db798fc-76c7-414d-9aaa-1e09cdc33289.jpg

Unfortunately none of the figures for it.

explorer.jpg

Jeep.jpg

Unfortunately none of the figures for them, just the vehicles.

Mighty_Max_(redesigned_logo).jpg

Just went with the logo for this one as I have every mighty max, kept them all. So glad I did.

8439156_1.jpg?v=8CB24FA5215C8F0

highwayhaunter.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTg-O47glTnjg0c64PaQzf-MnaGD5ErAh_1duM4l6m0n34sNuyzxg

ecto2boxfront.jpg

Broke Ecto 1 where I used it so much, and threw it out. Still have all the monsters and figures.

Loads of Micro Machines too like the trucks that would turn into cities and such.

Unfortunately I got rid of all my Thunder cats and teenage mutant hero turtle toys. Gutted about that looking back.

Have you got rid of any toys and now think "fuck.. why?" or do you still have any of yours stored somewhere for no reason other than because your horde stuff (my excuse)...

will be 27 in 30 days, yet keep toys in my parents loft... I'm not the only one right guys? right?

Post your favourites from when you were small.

Edited by Murr

Damn you for this @Murr you've got me searching the Internet now trying to remember the name of the big red badguy plane I've got somewhere around here

Damn you for this @Murr you've got me searching the Internet now trying to remember the name of the big red badguy plane I've got somewhere around here

Was it Red Venom dude?

redvenom_fighter2.jpg

EDIT - I had one myself but gave it away. WHY DID I DO THAT?

It's fucking bad ass...

2779696222_ef65b1a637.jpg

Was it Red Venom dude?

redvenom_fighter2.jpg

EDIT - I had one myself but gave it away. WHY DID I DO THAT?

It's fucking bad ass...

2779696222_ef65b1a637.jpg

I had that and the white one

Manta4.JPG

Great toys.

Sold them both on eBay a year or so ago.

@Murr, I had that Ghostbusters HQ/Fire Station. I played so much on that thing. Ecto-1 was my pride and joy, then I think somehow I broke it. The feels! :'(

The Ghostbusters toys were amaziiiing.

T1mSVoXENXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg

350px-G1Megatron_toy.jpg

Pretty much all Transformers G1.

7nt5ClO.jpg

ninja-turtles-toy.jpg

thundercats%20group.jpg

Pretty much my childhood right there. Still collect Transformers, shame they're so bloody expensive.

20618d1131716058-please-help-me-find-80s-kids-toy-kong-top-mountain-30_1_b.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJaO40w8KjaSfCM6KsdmKpUniJhTelbAKUWeTls2Jm7lRttHww-g

Downfall-game.jpg

mBBJzLklBDWxsRfoi7vJ49Q.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHkldr6QtXcvpSFPPR72IdcBI6GaKlTnGImHhWzvQW9KCVr3pn

mISf6nf9irMAgrEz1Jb-Umw.jpg

$(KGrHqYOKo8E7EF)YGVnBRf+fEw2)w~~60_35.JPG

5340484571_6a16762325.jpg

I remember playing all of these, amongst others :hehe: I made sure to select pictures that were of the exact versions I had as a kid :heh:

Frustration, Downfall and Guess Who, I still have those exact boxes at my Mum's house, play with them with my Neice now.

How about this beast

TurtlesVan.jpg

The Turtle figures I had though were the huge chunky ones which transformed from baby turtles into mutant turtles, so they didn't really fit in the van :heh:

Not my video, but these were the exact ones:

I'm just going to leave these here and hope someone else loved MASK.

DSCF4545.jpg

maskthawk2c.jpg

I'll list some of the retro toys i still have in the attic somewhere. Parents want me to sell/get rid, but i refuse to give into demands. So this is the rest of my retro toys other than the Power Ranger Zords i have.

Ghostbusters

Ecto-1

Ecto-2

Ecto-3

Slimer

All 4 of the Ghostbusters (w/t proton packs)

Fire Station

Stay Puft Marshmallow Man

Mighty Max

Mad Mountain Playset

Various smaller playsets

Biker Mice from Mars

All 3 original mice (w/t bikes)

3 mice w/t bikes in camo gear

All 3 mice in sports gear

Biker Mice football stadium hideout

Fish-face

The woman thingy (can't remember her name)

Crash Test Dummies

Car w/t dummies

Crash-Test wall

Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles*

All 4 Turtles w/t Weapons

April

Kerang

Shredder

Turtle Van

*Not sure where this is, will need to look for it.

If i find some time, i'll take some pictures and post up. Same for the Power Ranger Zords.

Ehm yeah. As a kid, I usually destroyed my toys or my brother’s eventhough I didn’t do it on purpose. Casualties of war include the Transformer Silverbolt, that MASK car Ramar posted, a Robotech jet, several Lego sets (all lost in “the big bucket”, where legosets go when they die), and various anonymous stuffed animals. Some toys of my brother I wrecked include He-man, some Turtles and I think there are more.

What I do have left are various Transformers in various conditions. None of them even have the sticker, but some of them are still relatively complete accessory-wise. The most famous one of them would probably the lead of the Headmasters. I didn’t have any of the “really” oldskool G1 Transformers. Some legosets survived, I have a few oldskool Lego space sets that are displayed on my shelf (but collecting dust unfortunately). I think I’ve posted a photo of those before. I also have an old Monchchichi, and my most prized possession regarding old toys would be a Märklin trainset. No box or anything, but still complete and in working order.

Maybe I’ll make some photos if I clean my room out, and can find all of them in their boxes.

As seen in the 2 collectable thread, I collect new toys now :). I totally made up for not owning the old G1 Optimus Prime by buying the Master Piece :D. I would buy more of those, but they’re expensive :(. Soundwave is about to be re-released I think, but I already had some pre-orders lined up.

I had most of the toys mentioned above boxed in my loft until 2 years ago when I started selling them all on eBay.

Star Wars, Centurions, MASK, Transformers G1, Action Force, Manta Force, Turtles, you name it, it was all there.

Boxed MASK toys

mask1.jpg

NewImage.jpg

Boxed Turtles

PDRM1867.jpg

PDRM1872.jpg

I had that and the white one

Manta4.JPG

Great toys.

Sold them both on eBay a year or so ago.

I think I had this. I never had any of the 'cool' toys when tehy were cool, always a few years later... but I think I had this, and it was fucking epic. I can remember the fun I had with this and my star wars toys and a whole bunch of other toys... FUCK YOU'RE TAKING ME BACK NEARLY 20 YEARS! Sitting in my corridor playing good vs evil... and wanting evil to win...

Any of you guys watch Toy Hunters? ( channel 38 on digital TV )

http://www.questtv.co.uk/shows/toy-hunter

I was watching it last night and it was insane the amount of money the guy makes on old toys. He basically travel around the US and buys toys from people before selling them on. Last night he bought a rocket firing Boba Fett figure that didn't make it out to mass production level and sold it for $17,000 at the New York Comic Con.

350px-G1Megatron_toy.jpg

Pretty much all Transformers G1.

7nt5ClO.jpg

ninja-turtles-toy.jpg

thundercats%20group.jpg

Pretty much my childhood right there. Still collect Transformers, shame they're so bloody expensive.

OH YES!

And MANTA Force was amazing.

I always got the shitty MASK toys though - Dusty Hayes was the pilot of this cool Jeep/Speedboat Combo, but I ended up with the figure concealed in an edvertising board. Then there was a version of Matt Trakker witha hologram of himself in some other vehicle... it was a huge disappointment.

Edited by Iun

PDRM1872.jpg

Some of those weren't Turtles figures, for example the 4 armed vampire guy is a toxic crusader, so is the guy with the gold leg and the army headed guy

i collected TMNT figures,ghostbusters and power rangers so theres no point adding more images as i'm not going in the loft to photograph them!

I do still have my DragonZord,Titanus Mega Zord and second series megazord (had a crane, red dragon etc) white tiger zord

the 30th anniversary sets of the power rangers interest meas they are basically remolds but using diecast metal parts ...they also revealed a 3/4ft megazord at SDCC...its like a small person

I still have boxed in my loft about 95% of the Micro Machines Star Wars Action Fleet, they were larger vehicles with micromachine sized figures to go in them...i'll get a stock photo

1996-Galoob-Star-Wars-Micro-Machines-Action-Fleet_zps08432b0f.jpg

I had Toxic Crusaders

tc-all_zps2f8d36a6.jpg

And Mask i had losts of M.A.S.Ktoys too but i also sold them...i think i still have a VHS of some of the episodes

Any of you guys watch Toy Hunters? ( channel 38 on digital TV )

Brilliant show, Welsh Gamer recommend it to me and now I never miss an episode.

Started watching Storage Hunters on Dave as well.

Some of those weren't Turtles figures, for example the 4 armed vampire guy is a toxic crusader, so is the guy with the gold leg and the army headed guy

Good spot, they were of similar size so I would play with them all together.

350px-G1Megatron_toy.jpg

In my memory these toys were so much cooler than they look here. You just killed a part of my childhood. :-(

My two main toy loves as a child were Ghostbusters and Turtles.

From the following, the main ones I had were; (I'll add photos for the more obscure ones, or not already posted)

Turtles

- The four turtles

- Rocksteady and Bebop

- Submarine

$(KGrHqV,!q8FG8khGoo+BR3Nf6tv-!~~60_12.JPG

- Pizzaface

PizzafaceToy.jpg

- The van, a few more figures and vehicles. I ALWAYS wanted the Blimp, but never got it for some reason.

Also....we entered a competition in The Young Telegraph, and I won every single figure from the Turtles 3 movie line (apart from two dudes on horses). It was absolutely incredible. Can you imagine getting a box filled with every single toy. I was euphoric. Probably the best day of my life. Who says money can't buy happiness.

Ghostbusters

I had everything.

- Fire Station with ooze

- GBs

- Mantis/Yellow Beetle vehicle as posted.

- Ecto 1

- Ecto....2...3...4?!

- The Mummy

$(KGrHqN,!p0FEH3OQ8I6BRHYi1(z+w~~60_35.JPG

- Fright Features

$T2eC16ZHJGMFFovSkbF)BRcZj8KkW!~~60_35.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Etc.

When I was younger I only had two Biker Mice From Mars figures. I had Sports Bros Vinnie (below) and I had this Throttle;

BMFM-16.jpg

A few years ago I got some from eBay, and these are now some of my most prized posessions. I don't normally leave anything in packaging, but I absolutely LOVE this packaging;

994540_10153088765230581_650937322_n.jpg1098127_10153088765595581_488922097_n.jpg

946332_10153088765335581_665416564_n.jpg

998575_10153088765425581_761332332_n.jpg

1000567_10153088765500581_777209629_n.jpg

Edited by ReZourceman

Our household (myself, two brothers and sister) pretty much owned all of the toys in this thread at one point. The only thing we were never big on were Transformers. Most of our toys are rotting away in the shed or loft, some were sold at car boot sales etc. It's fun to go through them all every now and again.

[edit]

Biker Mice From Mars is a poor man's Teenage Mutant Ninja (Hero) Turtles.

But yeah, like everyone else at the time we watched the show and owned the toys.

Edited by Guy