N-Europe

Wii U General Discussion

Hero-of-Time

I have posted this in the bargains thread too....not sure which thread would earn me a better response.

Does anyone know of the best/cheapest place online to get a Wii U at the moment? Ultra-mega-super-fortunately I have come into three separate sums of money this month, and a star of the month bonus from work, so instead of super-skint due to £400 overdrawn, I am now finding myself with enough money to purchase a Wii U, which I need for Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.

I picked up Sonic Racing Transformed from Tesco, that £10 bargain that has been circulating online. Very lucky actually....I searched for it specifically in the gaming section, found very few Wii U games (LEGO City, Just Dance, Fifa and Pikmin) and they were all scattered about randomly. Then by coincidence it was sitting on its own, just the one copy on the bottom shelf of an aisle-end display. No price listed, so I checked with the guy and did a *clenched fish motion down* "Yes!" at his response.

Yeah. So where da bargain for da Premmo Console online?

I have posted this in the bargains thread too....not sure which thread would earn me a better response.

Does anyone know of the best/cheapest place online to get a Wii U at the moment? Ultra-mega-super-fortunately I have come into three separate sums of money this month, and a star of the month bonus from work, so instead of super-skint due to £400 overdrawn, I am now finding myself with enough money to purchase a Wii U, which I need for Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.

I picked up Sonic Racing Transformed from Tesco, that £10 bargain that has been circulating online. Very lucky actually....I searched for it specifically in the gaming section, found very few Wii U games (LEGO City, Just Dance, Fifa and Pikmin) and they were all scattered about randomly. Then by coincidence it was sitting on its own, just the one copy on the bottom shelf of an aisle-end display. No price listed, so I checked with the guy and did a *clenched fish motion down* "Yes!" at his response.

I got mine from ASDA at £199 for the Premium. I hear that there's a Wind Waker bundle, would you be interested in that?

@Jamba is trying to sell one: http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40317

I got mine from ASDA at £199 for the Premium. I hear that there's a Wind Waker bundle, would you be interested in that?

I don't have an ASDA that near me unfortunately. The Zelda bundle looks good, but I don't really fancy the graffiti'd gamepad or the game. :p

Damn, that does seem like quite the bargain. I have a horrible condition where I need to buy new though (and I only want one of those games). Cheers though.

I don't have an ASDA that near me unfortunately. The Zelda bundle looks good, but I don't really fancy the graffiti'd gamepad or the game. :p

Damn, that does seem like quite the bargain. I have a horrible condition where I need to buy new though (and I only want one of those games). Cheers though.

Did I mention in the thread that it comes with the extended life battery for the pad? You don't get that new... plus it'll be in perfect condition with all box contents manual etc. Which game did you want?

Pretty sure the ASDA deal has passed now.

Apparently the Premium is £199 at Waitrose in store. Go for that if you can.

There's also a bundle with Lego City Undercover for £239. Bundle isn't out til October, though.

I would just suggest for now to be patient and keep an eye out online, some deal will come along. If this price drop doesnt change things much then online stores will be trying new deals again.

May as well paste what I put in the bargain topic.

You can get the Zelda WW edition from GAME for the same price as with Zavvi if you enter the code CLOUDSEPT13 or GAMEPAL. Probably better to order from GAME.

The Wii U premium on its own can also apparently be found for £198 in Costco stores, and £199 in Waitrose Food and Home stores. Could be region specific with those though.

Does the Wii U premium come with a boxed edition of Nintendo Land?

As long as it isn't one of those new bundles then yeah - pretty sure in those the game in question has replaced Nintendoland. Def recommend seeing if you can bag a £200 bargain somewhere!

Bit the bullet today. £251 through Flubit or whatever its called.

One of us one of us :heh:

let us know how that initial update goes when you get it.... I'm curious do newer shipments have a newer firmware pre-installed, or still have the firmware the launch models have

Aren't you getting it for Donkey Kong? :p

Yes.

I dun goof'd.