Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wii U General Discussion

Hero-of-Time

I'm really starting to like these videos. The last 30 seconds ended on a downer though. "They're (Nintendo) the only ones supporting their platform", "either that or get 3rd parties on the phone".

Then ends by saying we still have to cover 3rd party games which will be some of the biggest at E3 and it's kind of like he's saying Nintendo fans you can leave now because you're getting NOTHING.

There was not a single mention of a 3rd party game. I think that this will be one of the most interesting aspects of E3. Releases and indeed some relationships are at their all time lowest levels. And no, downloadable indie games don't cut it. You wouldn't buy a sports car to just reverse in and out of your driveway now would you? Will they buy real 3rd party support?

I agree the sales of a console don't effect the entertainment value. What I'm saying is sales do matter for the company going forward and as fans of Nintendo people have every right discuss what the sales figures are.

These facts and figures are relevant to a lot of gaming fans, not in terms of the entertainment of the console but more to do with the future of it.

If you don't want to discuss these things then that's fine, simply don't get involved. If you don't want to read about these things then there's an ignore button to be used.

As I said to Dazzy, I agree games come first but when the last notable retail release was the end of Feb, you can see why people choose to discuss the business side of things.

Don't we have a sales thread you know to discuss sales? Is one of the reasons why you as moderator closed this very thread as it just became a bitching fest discussing the low sales?

I don't see a problem discussing sales personally. I do find it interesting to see how shite the Wii U is doing.

Don't we have a sales thread you know to discuss sales? Is one of the reasons why you as moderator closed this very thread as it just became a bitching fest discussing the low sales?

I don't see a problem discussing sales personally. I do find it interesting to see how shite the Wii U is doing.

Indeed we do and indeed I did. The remaining mods have also kept things in check by moving posts into that thread if things got out of hand.

If you look back at the thread this whole conversation started because a quote was used saying that gamers are too concerned with sales talk. Myself and others pointed out there is nothing wrong with this. Games and consoles sales weren't being discussed, rather whether gamers should be concerned about such things.

Actual numbers talk is still being discussed in the relevant place. Just look at the Japanese sales talk that was in there yesterday, which eventually turned into a full blown argument. Good times. :D

Says whom?

Sort your English out, you're a journalist for crying out loud!

So I just read I can transfer all my VC content from Wii to Wii U. Any limitations that I should know of? It's probably not all downloaded on the Wii, so can I redownload them? Is there a time limit? If not I'll do it some other time. Don't even know where the Wii is :p

Did you ever do the transfer @Tales? It's not a copy, it's a whole transfer - you'll lose all the things on the Wii, just so you know. As I had HBC I backed up the wii nand, did the transfer, then restored my nand backup. I'm just a bit weird like that though.

On the sales front - this is obviously getting meta as we're talking about talking about sales, I certainly think it's relevant(the 'general' thread is for general, this is the wii u thread where I believe 'wii u sales' are also relevant).

On which note - I think MK8 might do well in the sales whereas hardware will only get a minor bump in comparison - for me personally I'm not planning to buy MK8 on the whole - my minor temptation is in the fantastic free game promotion they opted for - if I get MK8+Wind Waker(or maybe even NSMBU) for £30-40 I'd consider it an all right deal. MK8 alone at a price above £25 doesn't appeal to me, though.

Sort your English out, you're a journalist for crying out loud!

Did you ever do the transfer @Tales? It's not a copy, it's a whole transfer - you'll lose all the things on the Wii, just so you know. As I had HBC I backed up the wii nand, did the transfer, then restored my nand backup. I'm just a bit weird like that though.

On the sales front - this is obviously getting meta as we're talking about talking about sales, I certainly think it's relevant(the 'general' thread is for general, this is the wii u thread where I believe 'wii u sales' are also relevant).

On which note - I think MK8 might do well in the sales whereas hardware will only get a minor bump in comparison - for me personally I'm not planning to buy MK8 on the whole - my minor temptation is in the fantastic free game promotion they opted for - if I get MK8+Wind Waker(or maybe even NSMBU) for £30-40 I'd consider it an all right deal. MK8 alone at a price above £25 doesn't appeal to me, though.

I'd actually forgotten about the free game for a short moment!

I'm starting to get a positive feel about my Wii U.. although it appears to be broken. I was trying to play Nintendo land with my nephew and the sensor bar wasn't working. I unplugged it, tried the Wii sensor bar instead, same thing, both bars work fine with the Wii. So a DIY fix would be to have my wii sat next to my Wii U as a power source for the sensor bar.... or send the Wii U off for repair @ Nintendo ... or just don't play pointer requiring games :blank:

This has just been the most utterly fucking ridiculous day...

First we get Mario driving a Mercedez Benz, then we get the GCN Wii U Controller adapter and then sudden Pikmin 3 update with Stylus control support out of ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused: WHAT!? IS!? GOING!? ON!?!?! :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'd actually forgotten about the free game for a short moment!

I'm starting to get a positive feel about my Wii U.. although it appears to be broken. I was trying to play Nintendo land with my nephew and the sensor bar wasn't working. I unplugged it, tried the Wii sensor bar instead, same thing, both bars work fine with the Wii. So a DIY fix would be to have my wii sat next to my Wii U as a power source for the sensor bar.... or send the Wii U off for repair @ Nintendo ... or just don't play pointer requiring games :blank:

If you're in warranty I'd say send for repairs - I find their turnaround fast with my 3DS repairs. Though those have been numerous, so maybe their quality is questionable.

This has just been the most utterly fucking ridiculous day...

First we get Mario driving a Mercedez Benz, then we get the GCN Wii U Controller adapter and then sudden Pikmin 3 update with Stylus control support out of ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused: WHAT!? IS!? GOING!? ON!?!?! :confused: :confused: :confused:

After a year and a half Nintendo are finally getting it together. :D

If you're in warranty I'd say send for repairs - I find their turnaround fast with my 3DS repairs. Though those have been numerous, so maybe their quality is questionable.

Yeah... just I want to play MK8 a little first! is the warranty 1 year or two year on the Wii U? either way I have several months left... just hoping it's not a 6 month warranty..

The past two months have been nothing short of amazing, announcement-wise, and we're not even at E3 yet. It has me hyped.

Steady on now, there's been maybe a few announcements and we're still only getting 2 worthwhile games released in the first half of the year. I don't remember any noteworthy game announcements either. I wouldn't call that amazing.

E3, yes, might change that. Fingers crossed.

Steady on now, there's been maybe a few announcements and we're still only getting 2 worthwhile games released in the first half of the year. I don't remember any noteworthy game announcements either. I wouldn't call that amazing.

Well they can't suddenly turn back time and release games. Jeez, some people are never happy.

Nothing wrong showing a bit of positivity!

The past two months have been nothing short of amazing, announcement-wise, and we're not even at E3 yet. It has me hyped.

Agreed.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what's on offer.

The rest of the years lineup looks fantastic as well. Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros., Sonic Boom ( this could go either way ) and the possibilty of stuff like Yoshis Yarn and X hitting makes for a great end of year.

There's also the possibilty of more games like NES Remix coming out of nowhere and there's still plenty of games to arrive on the GBA VC.

Good times ahead!

Agreed.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what's on offer.

The rest of the years lineup looks fantastic as well. Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros., Sonic Boom ( this could go either way ) and the possibilty of stuff like Yoshis Yarn and X hitting makes for a great end of year.

There's also the possibilty of more games like NES Remix coming out of nowhere and there's still plenty of games to arrive on the GBA VC.

Good times ahead!

GBA, DS and Gamecube VC will all hopefully be flourishing by year end.....!

Nothing wrong showing a bit of positivity!

There's "a bit of positivity" and then there's full-blown deluded positivity.

Things may look better after E3 but for all we know, things could look worse. This is Nintendo, they did tell us before things like "We learned from our mistakes, there'll not be droughts going forward" and "online is the air that gamers breathe, we want to give you as much of that air as possible".

I don't believe anything they say anymore.

Things may look better after E3 but for all we know, things could look worse. This is Nintendo, they did tell us before things like "We learned from our mistakes, there'll not be droughts going forward" and "online is the air that gamers breathe, we want to give you as much of that air as possible".

I don't disagree with what you are saying here.

Well they're not saying anything, they're revealing awesome things and these things are not "important" enough for their E3 presentation which means we're getting hyped

Deluded? Really? The past few months have been HUGE signs of a more promising future - their digital services with GBA cv, indies and even their own output is getting much much better, their social and online is vastly improving with dkc, NES remix, and especially golf and mari kart, smash will definitely continue that. The constant e3 streaming, the smash invitational, the GameCube pad adaptor all point to them acknowledging the fans in a big way. And already the exclusive line up for the year looks better than any other console can compete with, with the promise of gamepad specific games and NFC being released this year.

EVERYTHING points to a much more positive outlook. I'd almost say you'd have to be deluded to ignore it, not see it!