NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

I'm waiting for a surprise Direct in the next month with a biggish game for November/December.

Huh, really? That is impossible!! SurelY!!

Diddy Kong Racing 2.

I have been wishing for this at every e3 for as long as I can remember : peace:

Instead they'll probably announce Pikmin 5 for 2017 :p

TM_MarioKart8andSplatoon_PremiumPack_UKV_news_detail_packshot.jpg

A new Wii U hardware bundle containing two of Nintendo’s global million-selling multiplayer games will arrive in Europe on October 30th as a limited offer*. Containing a black Wii U Premium Pack console**, the anti-gravity racing action of Mario Kart 8 and the colourful shooter Splatoon, it’s the ideal bundle for anyone looking for instant fun.

In Mario Kart 8, players speed up, down and all-around antigravity courses. With 32 new and remixed classic tracks to speed around, new items to unleash during the heat of a race, and a host of ways to enjoy the action including racing against other players, whether they’re in the same room or on the other side of the world using 12-player online competitive play***, Mario Kart 8 offers endless gravity-defying racing action for players of any age and skill level.

A completely fresh take on the action shooter genre, Splatoon’s online matches*** pits two teams of four players against one another competing to claim turf by covering it in their team’s colourful ink. After splatting opponents and covering a level with colorful ink, players can transform into squids and swim quickly through their own ink or use it to take cover and hide from enemies.

The Mario Kart 8 + Splatoon Wii U Premium Pack, including a pre-installed copy of Mario Kart 8 and a download code for Splatoon, will be available across Europe as a limited offer from October 30th.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2015/October/Mario-Kart-8-Splatoon-Wii-U-Premium-Pack-comes-to-Europe-on-October-30th-1056993.html

Hell of a bundle

Could be an amazing deal at £200, not sure if it'll tempt any one at £250 or above.

Can anyone, please, tell me what is a good price for Zelda WindWaker and Super Mario 3D World? Thx.

Can anyone, please, tell me what is a good price for Zelda WindWaker and Super Mario 3D World? Thx.

Base.com;

Wind Waker 36.59 pounds here

Super Mario 3D World 36.89 here

Best I can find at short notice, plus you'll get a reduction from Base as you don't have to pay the UK tax when shipped abroad. Bonus.

But, these games will very rarely drop in price.

Use bespoke offers if you can through Quidco, some epic savings to be had doing that.

It's a decent bundle, it needs a decent price.

£240 apparently.

Wii U basic with Nintendoland and Wii Party U is £160. £80 for mk8 and splatoon is easy enough to do... so is the extra 24Gb worth it?

Having said that, hopefully some shops will sell the bundle below that £240 price

http://www.365games.co.uk/wii-u-games/the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker-hd-game-wii-u for windwaker.. to save a few pennies. But they aren't around for bargain prices sadly.

Thx for the answers. I can get it here for about 36 pounds and will probably buy it here then. It's not worth ordering it from abroad as I will have to pay tax as it is about 50KM (our currency).

Not really Wii U related (can't think of anywhere really better to put it), but there's a really interesting interview with the former head of HAL America about Iwata's early years as a programmer that's probably largely gonna go under the media radar...

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/254169/A_former_mentor_recalls_the_early_career_of_Satoru_Iwata.php

Check it out! Goes over some really old history about the pre-NES days and the failed Atari distribution deal! :D

Has anyone played Xenoblade Chronicles on the game pad, how does it look?

I wanted to order Zelda WW (45 euros), but the people here don't have it, so I am looking at Mario Kart 8 (50 euros) and wanted to ask, because of the DLC's is it better to buy it via eShop, or it doesn't matter? Thx.

I wanted to order Zelda WW (45 euros), but the people here don't have it, so I am looking at Mario Kart 8 (50 euros) and wanted to ask, because of the DLC's is it better to buy it via eShop, or it doesn't matter? Thx.

It doesn't matter. shop is good though as you can play it whenever without swapping disks!! Wind Waker is truly incredible though!

I have just realized that as I don't have an external HDD I can't have to many games from the eShop, at least not the ones which I can get at simmilar price retail in my country (Mario Kart is even cheaper I think). I have Splatoon, which I can't delete because of the online gaming, and it will be the same with Mario (plus the DLC's).

I will probably wait for the Zelda game and wait for Mario Kart till I get an external HDD.

Is a smaller one with 250gb enough? And, do I need to look for a specific one, or do most of them work on the Wii U?

I have just realized that as I don't have an external HDD I can't have to many games from the eShop, at least not the ones which I can get at simmilar price retail in my country (Mario Kart is even cheaper I think). I have Splatoon, which I can't delete because of the online gaming, and it will be the same with Mario (plus the DLC's).

I will probably wait for the Zelda game and wait for Mario Kart till I get an external HDD.

Is a smaller one with 250gb enough? And, do I need to look for a specific one, or do most of them work on the Wii U?

Toshiba Canvio 2TB powered USB hard drive.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009HXWTGO/ref=twister_B00BATC05S?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Never had any problems with it. : peace:

So Toshiba is OK, thx :). I can't just order from the UK, that's the problem, it would get to expensive.

Oh God, no one here has Zelda right now and are not sure when they are going to be able to get it..... It's just to expensive on the eShop (if I remember corectly and the 59,9 euros price) and I also want the box.

Me again :), how big are the Mario Kart DLC's (both)?

It looks like I will not be able to get Zelda for the price I have hoped, so I am looking for now at these games:

Hyrule Warriors: 45 euros

Captain Toad: 43 euros

Mario Kart 8: 50 euros

The Wonderfull 101: 45 euros

I know, none of these are simmilar games :D, but I want all of them :D.

What should I get :D, come on guys :D (I am still waiting for Zelda news, maybe they will be able to get it).

:yay:

What should I get :D, come on guys :D (I am still waiting for Zelda news, maybe they will be able to get it).

Well, for what it's worth, I put Hyrule Warriors as my game of the year last year and I still stand by that today. True value for money if you like musou games or are just a massive Zelda nerd like me.

DLC is exceptional value for money as well.

But keep in mind, the 3DS port will include all the current DLC including a few extras right from the box.

We still have no confirmation whether this new stuff will be available as DLC for the WiiU version at some point or not.

Hyrule Warriors is very lengthy but can get repetitive.

Captain Toad is about 12 hours long but is an amazingly charming experience.

Mario Kart 8 is probably the best iteration of the game yet and the online mode will keep you busy for months.

The Wonderful 101 is a quirky game that you will either love or hate. Try the demo if it's still available

It really depends on your mood because all four of these games are outstanding. Yeah, I wasn't much help. :D

Hyrule Warriors is very lengthy but can get repetitive.

Captain Toad is about 12 hours long but is an amazingly charming experience.

Mario Kart 8 is probably the best iteration of the game yet and the online mode will keep you busy for months.

The Wonderful 101 is a quirky game that you will either love or hate. Try the demo if it's still available

It really depends on your mood because all four of these games are outstanding. Yeah, I wasn't much help. :D

I tried the demo, I loved the look :).

Yeah, you didn't really help, but at least I know I can't make a mistake :).

And how big are the MK8 DLC's?

:yay:

Well, for what it's worth, I put Hyrule Warriors as my game of the year last year and I still stand by that today. True value for money if you like musou games or are just a massive Zelda nerd like me.

DLC is exceptional value for money as well.

But keep in mind, the 3DS port will include all the current DLC including a few extras right from the box.

We still have no confirmation whether this new stuff will be available as DLC for the WiiU version at some point or not.

Hmm, so Hyrule Warriors and MK8 (because my wife and nephew could play with me) are leading :). I was also a bit worried about it being to repetative as @Hero\-of\-Time said, but a lot of people love it, so I guess it's OK.

The only thing which is giving it a minus from me is that I have just finished Darkseiders, which had a lot of fighting (but not a big minus).

Oh yeah, so what you are saying is that the DLC's could become part of the game (I mean included in it for free), or? If it's only for 3DS, I don't really mind as I don't own one.

Thx, at least I am not worried that I will make a mistake.