NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

I love nyrule Warriors, I've put 100+ hours into it and so much more to do. However, Mario kart 8 is utterly incredible and I would buy thst.

Wii U

Mario Kart 8 - 5.87 million

Nintendo Land - 5.00 million

New Super Mario Bros. U - 4.88 million

Super Mario 3D World - 4.47 million

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - 4.03 million

Splatoon - 2.42 million

New Super Luigi U - 2.27 million

Super Mario Maker - 1.88 million

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - 1.62 million

Wii Party U - 1.58 million

So, from 10 TOP selling Wii U games, I only have the bolded ones and only because Mario and Luigi came in the bundle I've got. That's actually embarasing :D.

With the big absence the first one needs to be a big bang!!

First mobile game tomorrow, probably lots of titbits. Hopefully membership programme info too. Want this to be the beginnings of a new, modern nintendo!!!

The format of the Nintendo Direct is to be remodeled next year.

I knew it would. It simply had to change after the passing of Iwata.

Oh yeah, so what you are saying is that the DLC's could become part of the game (I mean included in it for free), or? If it's only for 3DS, I don't really mind as I don't own one.

Thx, at least I am not worried that I will make a mistake.

All we know for sure is that the 3DS version will include at least 4 new characters (3 from Wind Waker and 1 from Majora's Mask) 4 (!?) Wind Waker stages, 2 new bosses from Wind Waker, 2 new sub items, (An Ocarina that allows the player to warp to certain spots of the map instantly and a hammer which is used against a certain boss and to activate Warships), the ability to switch between characters during gameplay and something called the Smash Boost Power, which refills a magic gauge if you gather four playable characters near a boss, making it easier to deal with.

So far, the only possible way to transfer characters and stages over to the WiiU version is to get the 3DS version and use a download code that comes with it. But I'm sure they'll allow WiiU only users to purchase this extra content seperately a while after the game comes out.

...I hope...

The WiiU game by itself is no slouch! It already has 19 (3 of them are free DLC, 3 of them are paid DLC) characters with a variety of weapons to unlock. (29 total, 1 through free DLC, 1 through paid DLC and 1 through the Link/Toon Link amiibo) and a veritable ton of stuff to do.

It's a great co-op game as well! With one person using the TV and the other using the Gamepad!

I basically got it for the Zelda fanservice, but stayed for the awesome gameplay and content!

I personally can't wait for the 3DS version!

All we know for sure is that the 3DS version will include at least 4 new characters (3 from Wind Waker and 1 from Majora's Mask) 4 (!?) Wind Waker stages, 2 new bosses from Wind Waker, 2 new sub items, (An Ocarina that allows the player to warp to certain spots of the map instantly and a hammer which is used against a certain boss and to activate Warships), the ability to switch between characters during gameplay and something called the Smash Boost Power, which refills a magic gauge if you gather four playable characters near a boss, making it easier to deal with.

So far, the only possible way to transfer characters and stages over to the WiiU version is to get the 3DS version and use a download code that comes with it. But I'm sure they'll allow WiiU only users to purchase this extra content seperately a while after the game comes out.

...I hope...

The WiiU game by itself is no slouch! It already has 19 (3 of them are free DLC, 3 of them are paid DLC) characters with a variety of weapons to unlock. (29 total, 1 through free DLC, 1 through paid DLC and 1 through the Link/Toon Link amiibo) and a veritable ton of stuff to do.

It's a great co-op game as well! With one person using the TV and the other using the Gamepad!

I basically got it for the Zelda fanservice, but stayed for the awesome gameplay and content!

I personally can't wait for the 3DS version!

Sorry, I don't get this? What does it exactly mean? The code is just for the DLC and the game I couldn't use as I don't have the 3DS?

I am really sorry for questions about the basics, but I am just not used to this :).

PS

I will probbly order MK8, even if I am still deciding between MK8 and HW, as my family want be able to play to much with me, but I hope that the online will be interesting and that they will find time to play it.

Edited by Kounan

Sorry, I don't get this? What does it exactly mean? The code is just for the DLC and the game I couldn't use as I don't have the 3DS?

I am really sorry for questions about the basics, but I am just not used to this :).

No problem. The 3DS version has some new content that wasn't in the WiiU version. People who buy the 3DS version will get a code that allows them to transfer this content to the WiiU version as well. It's not a code for the actual game.

Does that help?

I'm sure after the game comes out on the 3DS. There'll be some way for WiiU owners to get the 3DS exclusive stuff without buying the game again.

OK, it's what I thought, but was bit confused because I've said that I don't have an 3ds, so wasn't quite sure what are you suggesting :).

Anyway, thx, for the help and my next game will probably be Hyrule Warriors (unless there is some sale for another title).

From the investor meeting.

CEO Tatsumi Kimishima says there are more titles–unannounced–coming this year to promote both Wii U and 3DS during the year-end holiday season.

They've got 2 months to announce and release something. Twilight Princess HD anyone?

That's certainly one of the ones i'm hoping for. Can't really think what else they could have in the pipeline though. All of the big IP's are surely off limits for Wii U, especially at such short notice. All I can really imagine other than Twilight Princess would be a new Mario Party, something along those lines.

Finally, I have order Mario Kart 8, should be here on saturday, or monday. Also waiting for the offer today to get Tekken :).

I posted a while ago about my Nintendo Network ID and deleting it etc. I know if you delete it on Wii U its gone but if I slap that shit on 3DS and then delete it on Wii U will it stay on my 3DS so I can use it at a later date on a home console?

I don't care about the 30p VC games I've bought on Wii U. I just want to keep my name and friends list stuff.

Can I use a microSD card as a storage device for my games (there is a card slot on thre front of the Wii U)?

From the investor meeting.

They've got 2 months to announce and release something. Twilight Princess HD anyone?

There's nothing about unannounced games mentioned in the actual English Investor's Briefing transcript...

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/151029/02.html

Sounds like a mishearing/mistranslation/Chinese whispers to me...

Well if the translation is correct (which it may not be) they do say "promote the Wii U and 3DS". Maybe they're just going to release adverts.

Can I use a microSD card as a storage device for my games (there is a card slot on thre front of the Wii U)?

Not for games themselves, the SD Card slot is only for use in certain games (typically to save screenshots onto).

As far as usable storage devices go, it's USB and internal storage only.

Not for games themselves, the SD Card slot is only for use in certain games (typically to save screenshots onto).

As far as usable storage devices go, it's USB and internal storage only.

Ok, so I will have to buy an HDD.

THX :)

Damn, that's a shame about the mis-translation but makes sense at the same time, I thought it'd be kinda crazy to announce and release a title within 2 months, and really if it's to promote Christmas, within a month.

But then I also think, what's crazier... Announce and release a game within the month or have a Christmas where Mario Tennis is the biggest game. This has to be the weakest console Christmas for Nintendo that I can remember, so a 20 year low point for me.

We can argue that X was delayed for Europe and US so at least we will be getting that but I think that's more of a niche title and Nintendo certainly don't seem to be pushing it much, considering the Wii title Xenoblade was new to the world of Nintendo it had much more buzz surrounding it than this one does.

Yeah, even with a full on version of mario tennis that was amazing it'd be awful; but the fact even mario tennis looks like an incredibly gimped version makes it even more strange. If NX doesn't launch with an insane amount of games it's going to be surreal, what has everyone been working on!

Wii U

Splatoon - 2.42 million

So, from 10 TOP selling Wii U games, I only have the bolded ones and only because Mario and Luigi came in the bundle I've got. That's actually embarasing :D.

I've bolded the ones I own from that list too :grin:

Wii U

Splatoon - 2.42 million

In fact, add Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Game & Wario, Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush, Pikmin 3, Wii Fit U, Wii Sports Club, Yoshi's Woolly World and Zombi U and you have my entire Wii U collection: peace:

Only one solitary 3rd party game until Project Zero arrives today, hopefully :eek: