NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

I wonder if we will get some Zelda footage again?

Nah, they have already said no more NX footage this year.

;)

I have ordered the the physical copy of XCX, had to pay 50 euros for it, but wanted it physical. I will gladly pay 10 more euros for XC, if I would just be sure that it look OK on gamepad, but It actually should, much better than on HD TV, but it looks like noone here has played it that way.

Well it looks ok to me... but that's my opinion :D

It's quite fun, although I'm pretty bad with rpg's so at the moment I'm grinding to level up a bit and get to grips with the mechanics :D Just got killed by a "special" creature so.. yeah.. more grinding needed.. or I can continue with the story...

Well it looks ok to me... but that's my opinion :D

It's quite fun, although I'm pretty bad with rpg's so at the moment I'm grinding to level up a bit and get to grips with the mechanics :D Just got killed by a "special" creature so.. yeah.. more grinding needed.. or I can continue with the story...

I like it too :), and am glad I managed to get it while on sale. Just still sad about Wonderfull 101 :(.

I wonder if we will get some Zelda footage again? They will probably just show up with Federation Force. :D

I hope so! It was surprising that there was footage (albeit brief) in the last Direct, so that was encouraging.

I actually hope we see some of Federation Force too, it looks like it could be fun, even if its not the Metroid game we're all looking for.

I have asked before about headphones for tha gamepad and it was said tha 3,5mm jack will do. I have just checked the Huawei P6 specs and it also uses 3,5mm but they don't fit inside the gamepad.

Does it mean the thing just came broken?

I have asked before about headphones for tha gamepad and it was said tha 3,5mm jack will do. I have just checked the Huawei P6 specs and it also uses 3,5mm but they don't fit inside the gamepad.

Does it mean the thing just came broken?

Certainly sounds strange as it's definitely 3.5mm(used a headset on both wiiu gamepad, ps4 pad and my phone) - what happens when you try to put it in? Could there be anything inside the jack socket causing an issue?

Certainly sounds strange as it's definitely 3.5mm(used a headset on both wiiu gamepad, ps4 pad and my phone) - what happens when you try to put it in? Could there be anything inside the jack socket causing an issue?

There is still space inside, it doesn't "click".

PS

OK, I can't believe it, as you have asked if there is anything inside, I decided to press really hard and it worked :D. Before today, I have tried it, my nephew and my brother in low (both engineers :D), none of us managed to put it in.....

At the end you did help, thx a lot :).

Edited by Kounan

I think when I first got the Wii U I had a similar issue.. I seem to remember noticing the plug didn't go in very easily, the fit was too tight, so I had to push it in a little bit more firmly to get it all the way in.

There is still space inside, it doesn't "click".

PS

OK, I can't believe it, as you have asked if there is anything inside, I decided to press really hard and it worked :D.

:D

But weird... I've never had a similar issue with any other devices! glad your's has been broken in though...

:D

But weird... I've never had a similar issue with any other devices! glad your's has been broken in though...

And I thought I tried that, I gave it to my other nephew (OK, he is a med student, so he doesn't count, as don't I :D), but we were afraid to press to much, but now I just thought what can I brake if it's already broken :D.

Ahhh excellent stuff @Kounan! I was gonna suggest shining a torch/light in there next to see for an obstruction, but glad to hear you've managed to solve it otherwise :)

And I thought I tried that, I gave it to my other nephew (OK, he is a med student, so he doesn't count, as don't I :D), but we were afraid to press to much, but now I just thought what can I brake if it's already broken :D.

Haha, d/w.. I think I went through a similar process... I thought I had pushed it as hard as it possibly would need.. but apparently not. Perhaps it is a manufacturing defect, but it seems fine after that.

OK, I can't believe it, as you have asked if there is anything inside, I decided to press really hard and it worked :D. Before today, I have tried it, my nephew and my brother in low (both engineers :D), none of us managed to put it in.....

Reminds me of the first time I used an optical cable - I was surprised how hard you had to push it in. I've never had the issue with headphones though, so I didn't think of that.

Looks like Reggie will be at the VGAs tonight. Metroid Federation Force here we come!

Some may joke, but I actually am really looking forward to this one!

I do hope we get some more details here. Seems about the right time for a new trailer :)

Some may joke, but I actually am really looking forward to this one!

I do hope we get some more details here. Seems about the right time for a new trailer :)

I'm not fussed either way. I'm not a huge fan of the series ( Other M>>>>>Prime games. Come at me ), so its hard for me to get all up in arms about it. I just like to stoke the fires. :D

I do think now is a good time to show the game again. Still, hoping that Zelda shows up again....

Yeah i can't wait for Federation Force either :) I think we all know Zelda is coming again though! Looking forward to it. What time is it UK?

Yeah i can't wait for Federation Force either :) I think we all know Zelda is coming again though! Looking forward to it. What time is it UK?

I think it starts at 2am.

I'm not up in arms against Federation Force as the majority are but that and Zelda U are literally on opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of hype. The gaf thread about the 10 world premieres on show tonight is filled with people saying "Zelda please".

I'd like to see a little action from Zelda, so we can see how the gameplay is and if it's changed/advanced at all. A decent trailer would be nice too.

That's it from Nintendo. I don't think they could do/are doing anything else that will excite me about the WiiU.

That's it from Nintendo. I don't think they could do/are doing anything else that will excite me about the WiiU.

What if they gave you party chat? :D

What if they gave you party chat? :D

I'm fairly certain they couldn't do it. They're incapable... or perhaps the console itself is.

Woohoo!!

Splatoon just won Best Multiplayer game at the VGAs! I'm surprised but I shouldn't be really, fully deserved for a fantastic, fresh game :)

Great to see them give it to a new IP too, would have been easy to just give it to an established franchise.

Didn't watch the game awards last year so didn't know how ridiculous it was, it's so dumb but seems like there's going to be plenty of nice surprises. Think we're going to see plenty of Reggie tonight!

EDIT:

There was a really long tribute to Iwata, was really nice to see that. At time of writing there are about 4 'World Premiere's' left, it would be hilarious is Federation Force is all that Nintendo has to show.

Edited by killthenet