NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

NSMB Wii is the best 2D Mario game ever made. Simple as.

Best level design out of the lot for sure. Awesome new powerups, a really great Battle multiplayer mode and really just a marvel of game design all round.

Sure the visuals are kind of bland and not all that interesting, but it's got it where it counts : peace:

What kind of headphones do I use for the game pad?

Any pair of Stereo headphones with a 3.5mm jack. : peace:

Any pair of Stereo headphones with a 3.5mm jack. : peace:

It's interesting, I couldn't find any in the shop. I have the "normal" ones (for mp3 - what are these) and they don't work.

I've only just this minute bought the Mario Kart 8 DLC - terrible I know - and I'm installing it now. What's confusing to me is the 'Time Remaining' bar, it never seems to actulaly mean anything. When the Wii U first came out I assumed it was just a bug they'd eventually fix, but even now it doesn't seem to work properly.

Small gripe obviously, but an odd one.

It's interesting, I couldn't find any in the shop. I have the "normal" ones (for mp3 - what are these) and they don't work.

I think when I first got the Wii U I had a similar issue.. I seem to remember noticing the plug didn't go in very easily, the fit was too tight, so I had to push it in a little bit more firmly to get it all the way in. Obviously have a look yourself to see if that might be the issue...

Another possibility is that your gamepad is broken.... or you just have weird earphones!

I think when I first got the Wii U I had a similar issue.. I seem to remember noticing the plug didn't go in very easily, the fit was too tight, so I had to push it in a little bit more firmly to get it all the way in. Obviously have a look yourself to see if that might be the issue...

Another possibility is that your gamepad is broken.... or you just have weird earphones!

It actually goes to easy inside (I use not the mobile phone earphones, the standard ones, or at least I think they are standard).

Btw. I have just intruduced my wife to MK8,...., guess I'll have to make food myself from now on.

PS

Does any of you guys know if there are enough people online on COD: Black Ops 2? Wii U version of course.

It actually goes to easy inside (I use not the mobile phone earphones, the standard ones, or at least I think they are standard).

Btw. I have just intruduced my wife to MK8,...., guess I'll have to make food myself from now on.

They go easy in and are loose? If it's as if it's too small then maybe the ones you have are 2.5mm, though I don't see those about so much these days.

Good luck with the dinners though :p

...PS

Does any of you guys know if there are enough people online on COD: Black Ops 2? Wii U version of course.

I'd not recommend the purchase as you'll only regularly get games on Team Deathmatch. There are VERY few people online... and that was AGES ago, never mind these days.

I'd not recommend the purchase as you'll only regularly get games on Team Deathmatch. There are VERY few people online... and that was AGES ago, never mind these days.

I thought so. I could get it for 5,30 pounds, so that's why I was thinking of getting it, but will probably not.

Can we expect some offers on Black Friday?

Yup.

I will be very surprised if there are any big discounts from their big hitters games. Personally I would like discounts on both HarmoKnight and Box Boy.

There's a really fantastic retrospective documentary on the life of Satoru Iwata here by The Gaming Historian...

Very well produced and professionally done. Would definitely recommend a watch!

There's a really fantastic retrospective documentary on the life of Satoru Iwata here by The Gaming Historian...

Thanks for reminding me about this. I seen it on Gaf last night but was too tired to watch it. I completely forgot about it this morning. :D

EDIT: Great watch, even if a lot of the stuff in the video was already known. I was very well done, though.

It's crazy to see how different he looked before the operation, after the operation and just before his passing. :(

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Yup.

I will be very surprised if there are any big discounts from their big hitters games. Personally I would like discounts on both HarmoKnight and Box Boy.

I am hoping for one title, but big one and it would be enough, as it would leave me with enough money for Xenoblade.

Oh wow, that was a really beautifully made video. : peace:

I know it sounds daft but just watching that made me feel as if I knew Iwata on a more personal level.

It also brought me to tears again... :( I feel that in some ways you never really appreciate just how much you admire and respect someone until they are gone.

Satoru Iwata was certainly a rare being of exceptional talent, he emanated emotional warmth to those around him and always excelled in doing the right thing for the company; especially within the last few years.

His legacy will certainly live on within the hearts of many gamers, developers and those who knew him personally. :heart:

Target had its biggest online shopping day ever on Thanksgiving.

"Demand outpaced 2014’s record Thanksgiving performance, making it Target’s biggest day for online sales yet," the retailer said in a release.

The record-breaking sales online were driven by three items: the Apple iPad, Apple Watch, and Wii U gaming console, the company said.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/target-online-sales-break-record-2015-11?r=US&IR=T

That Splatoon/Smash bundle doing god's work.

Also amiibo Festival :p

I hope that means at least few thousand (I don't know how big they are and I don't expect that they had to many of them as noone expected this).

I am writing here so the post doesn't automerge.

Did anyone play Xenoblade Chronicles on the gamepad? I would buy it but the Wii version just looked really bad on the TV and I don't have an old TV....

Also, I am thinking of MAYBE getting Bayonetta 2 for this price and then use the offer of 9,99 euros on Bayonetta 1? Is it worth it? The only problem here is that I didn't really like the demo for Bayonetta 2, so I am not sure what to do as I have enough money to but some of the games I really want but I am just so upset right now that there is no way I will pay full price for any of their games :D.

I saw one video and it looks like it looks a lot better on the pad so I would be more than happy to buy it (I do have it on thee Wii, but as I have said it's not playable).

I am writing here so the post doesn't automerge.

Did anyone play Xenoblade Chronicles on the gamepad? I would buy it but the Wii version just looked really bad on the TV and I don't have an old TV....

I saw one video and it looks like it looks a lot better on the pad so I would be more than happy to buy it (I do have it on thee Wii, but as I have said it's not playable).

If you are planning on getting XCX on the eshop you may as well buy XC, as the price is given as a discount (if you buy xcx before the 18th)

If you are planning on getting XCX on the eshop you may as well buy XC, as the price is given as a discount (if you buy xcx before the 18th)

I have ordered the the physical copy of XCX, had to pay 50 euros for it, but wanted it physical. I will gladly pay 10 more euros for XC, if I would just be sure that it look OK on gamepad, but It actually should, much better than on HD TV, but it looks like noone here has played it that way.

"The Game Awards 2015 takes place in a few days, and producer Geoff Keighley has been answering a few questions about the event via Periscope - and it would appear that the event could hold a few surprises for Nintendo fans."

"Keighley stated that NX won't be making an appearance at the show - hardly a shock, seeing as Nintendo has stated that it won't be releasing any more info until next year - but there will be "new" stuff from Nintendo. That could mean anything from fresh footage of an upcoming game to an entirely fresh release."

"Keighley also teased a possible tribute to the late Nintendo president Satoru Iwata, who passed away earlier in the year. Keighley seemed reluctant to give away too much info on this element of the show, which could suggest that something special is planned and he doesn't want the impact to be ruined."

I can't wait to see the Iwata tribute.

I wonder if we will get some Zelda footage again? They will probably just show up with Federation Force. :D