New Super Mario Bros. U - 4.88 million

Super Mario 3D World - 4.47 million

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - 4.03 million

Splatoon - 2.42 million

New Super Luigi U - 2.27 million

Super Mario Maker - 1.88 million

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - 1.62 million

Wii Party U - 1.58 million

In fact, add Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Game & Wario, Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush, Pikmin 3, Wii Fit U, Wii Sports Club, Yoshi's Woolly World and Zombi U and you have my entire Wii U collection: peace:

Only one solitary 3rd party game until Project Zero arrives today, hopefully :eek:

Technically, Project Zero is first party. If I'm not mistaken, Nintendo owns part of the franchise now :)

Technically, Project Zero is first party. If I'm not mistaken, Nintendo owns part of the franchise now :)

I thought about that when I was writing the post but I don't really consider it to be first party due to being made by Koei Tecmo :heh:

When I look at the numbers again, I am surprised that Captain Toad and Donkey Kong didn't sell better.

It's interesting to see how Yoshi will do.

Hi guys :),

As I can't spend to much, is an 250GB HDD enough for the Wii U?

Quick explanation. When I finish games, I usually don't play them anymore (some platformers I do, but that's it). Of course, sports games, fighting games I do play.

So I need it for games which I play on-line, Splatoon, MK8 I hope and if there is something simmilar. Everything else, I will delete after I finish it.

Thx again.

Hi guys :),

As I can't spend to much, is an 250GB HDD enough for the Wii U?

Quick explanation. When I finish games, I usually don't play them anymore (some platformers I do, but that's it). Of course, sports games, fighting games I do play.

So I need it for games which I play on-line, Splatoon, MK8 I hope and if there is something simmilar. Everything else, I will delete after I finish it.

Thx again.

250GB will be ample. Remember that if you buy a game online you can delete it to free up space and re-download again at a later date. Can't believe you've only just bought Mario Kart!

250GB will be ample. Remember that if you buy a game online you can delete it to free up space and re-download again at a later date. Can't believe you've only just bought Mario Kart!

I got the Wii U not that long ago so I don't have many games :).

I know about downloading and deleteng, but games I play online I don't want to delete (Splatoon, Mario when it finally arrives and some long games like Monster Hunder, Xenoblade, where you can't finish the game qucikly and need it to be on the console).

But glad to here that 250GB is enough.

Thx.

And Mario Kart 8 finaly arrived. Haven't played it yet, but will try tonight.

Sadly, I don't have any storage left for at least one update.

PS

OK I was able to download the free update, so I have 200cc, great :).

Tried one race, love it, like I thought I will :).

How much does a good Pro Controller cost? I see prices from 18 to 40+ pounds? Is there i good reason for such a price difference?

How much does a good Pro Controller cost? I see prices from 18 to 40+ pounds? Is there i good reason for such a price difference?

I would imagine the cheaper controllers are not the official Nintendo pads but I would always recommend going that little bit extra for the proper Wii U Pro Controller :smile:

I would imagine the cheaper controllers are not the official Nintendo pads but I would always recommend going that little bit extra for the proper Wii U Pro Controller :smile:

I thought so, just it's not "that little bit extra" :D, it's more than twice the price :D, but yeah, I get the point.

I thought so, just it's not "that little bit extra" :D, it's more than twice the price :D, but yeah, I get the point.

I managed to get my official Wii U Pro Controller for £20 so you may get lucky :heh:

I've only ever owned one third party controller and that was as a cheap second pad for the PS1.. but never again :heh:

Will a Seagate external HDD work on the Wii U? I've just got one for a present, 2TB.

Thx.

EDIT: I've googled it, it should work :).

EDIT: I've googled it, it should work :).

PS

Sorry, again a question.

This is the one I've got:

EHDD_zpspyznzrqu.jpg

I did read something about powersource which is needed, or recomended for the eHDD? Will I have a problem with this one?

Edited by Kounan
Automerged Doublepost

I did read something about powersource which is needed, or recomended for the eHDD? Will I have a problem with this one?

I had problems running games from an eHDD without a power supply so I would recommend using a powered eHDD.

You can try using that one, but the Wii U's USB ports don't output much power so it may not be enough. You might be able to get away with using a Y-Cable to provide extra power to the drive, but a powered drive would be more stable.

I was afraid of that. I will try to get a powered one and give this one back. If it'd not possible, I hope the y-cable works.

Y cable works if it has that. I've used it for years and never had a problem.

It looks like I will have to use it.

But what do you mean if it has that? Can't I just buy one and use it?

It looks like I will have to use it.

But what do you mean if it has that? Can't I just buy one and use it?

As long as the eHDD doesn't burn too much energy, you can just use a Y cable on any HDD with Wii U use, pick them up real cheap online.

I've connected the eHDD it did reconised that there is a device, but couldn't format it. Can it be a power problem, or is it something else?

I've connected the eHDD it did reconised that there is a device, but couldn't format it. Can it be a power problem, or is it something else?

I had lots of problems with eHDD's which only connected via USB, had exactly the same issue, personally I found a powered drive worked better.

This article might be useful...

https://www.pretzellogix.net/2015/01/07/adding-a-1tb-seagate-backup-plus-slim-portable-hdd-to-my-wii-u-or-how-i-hacked-a-usb-2-0-cable/

I had lots of problems with eHDD's which only connected via USB, had exactly the same issue, personally I found a powered drive worked better.

I still haven't connected the Y-cable, have to get it first (bloody hard to find it here), so I hope it will work when I do it finally.

I still haven't connected the Y-cable, have to get it first (bloody hard to find it here), so I hope it will work when I do it finally.

I think the Y-cable is required to give enough power for the hard drive, if it doesn't work though I would return the hard drive - if you can - and buy a powered one if you can get one for the same price.

At first I tried to go down the same road of not using a powered drive, now I use them for all consoles which support them, I do hope you can get that one to work with a Y Cable but I just thought I'd share my experiences on the matter. : peace:

I think the Y-cable is required to give enough power for the hard drive, if it doesn't work though I would return the hard drive - if you can - and buy a powered one if you can get one for the same price.

At first I tried to go down the same road of not using a powered drive, now I use them for all consoles which support them, I do hope you can get that one to work with a Y Cable but I just thought I'd share my experiences on the matter. : peace:

The problem is that it is a present from my syster, from UK and I live in Bosnia :), and I forgot to tell them about the power problem, so when I remembered, it was to late for them to return it because of the date of the flight.

The disk works on PC so that's good and I hope I will make it to work its just hard to find the cable here, but at the end, I can order it from abroad.

PS It seems I won't be able to find it here, as it is usb 3.0! Could someone, please, find it online and give me link, so I can order it, thx.

OK, I've found it, but will have to order it probably.

Edited by Kounan

I have managed to find a cable and it looks like it works, si o in next few days I can get the MK dlc's and finaly play with people here.

2015 has been the worst year for gaming with Nintendo I've ever had. I have bought only one game for the WiiU this year and will only buy one more.

I bought 4 PS4 games today and I've more I want to get still.

Nintendo have been so lacklustre this generation! :(