NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

X hasn't been shown since E3, it could have improved a fair bit in that time. Monolith Soft are graphic geniuses. Mario Kart has been shown around at various places. Not sure if they're still showing the same build or if they'll show an updated version. I'm all for a significant boost but when they say "new look" I'm kind of thinking it's a radical departure and I don't think either game falls into that category. It's vague, it could mean a few things.

Reggie's VGX appearance includes a 'world premiere'

kevin cassidy @GoNintendoTweet

@geoffkeighley Could we get clarification on the #VGX Nintendo content? Is Reggie showing a new game, or new footage of a known game?

Geoff Keighley @geoffkeighley

@GoNintendoTweet You've got to ask Reggie that one. He's personally coming to deliver the world premiere.

2:06 AM - 4 Dec 2013

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=218232

I'm now guessing "new look" could mean a HD upgrade of a Gamecube game. Could mean anything.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

I don't think 'A new look at an upcoming Wii U game' could be any less ambiguous without flat out naming the title!

'A new look' - We will be looking at something we've seen before, but seeing something 'new' about it.

'Upcoming Wii U game' - A game not already out on the Wii U, but scheduled for release.

With all that taken into consideration, you can surmise from Nintendo's Wii U release schedule that the odds are as follows:

MOST LIKELY DCKR:TF

HIGHLY LIKELY Mario Kart Wii U

LIKELY Smash Bros Wii U

REASONABLE CHANCE Bayonetta 2

UNLIKELY Monolith's X

TOTALLY NOT HAPPENING The next Zelda, Metroid, Starfox or F-Zero

Trying to hype this up or working yourself into a fit of excitement over something will only lead to bitter disappointment. Where as I can see why people would hype E3 with all the surprises and reveals, but hyping this, when Reggie has already been pretty clear to what will be shown is nonsense!

They can sod right off with hyping this thing, especially after what they pulled with the Wii Fit Trainer announcement. My excitement is very much in check.

Yeah, blatantly going to be wii sports golf!

Be good if it's a huge announcement though!

I'm all for a significant boost but when they say "new look" I'm kind of thinking it's a radical departure

You're reading too much into the words. They're giving us a new look at the game. The game itself doesn't have a new look.

Yeah quite how it's being interpreted as 'an existing game with a new look' I have no idea. It doesn't read that way in the slightest.

When is the actual VGX thing?
This weekend :)

Yeah quite how it's being interpreted as 'an existing game with a new look' I have no idea. It doesn't read that way in the slightest.

Exactly! How 'A new look at an upcoming Wii U game' can be misinterpreted and blown so out of proportion is beyond me - however the results of this 'misinterpretation' will be rather predictable!

I think its Zelda Wii U remember Nintendo said they was going to show it at E3 2013 and Comic con

I think its Zelda Wii U remember Nintendo said they was going to show it at E3 2013 and Comic con

Nah more likely to be a massive surprise announcement of Dreampark Tycoon or Ghosts DLC ;)

Read a Kotaku article about Nintendo not making the most of the off-TV feature, said you could even do it in an airport. Took me a second to actually still get it.

Also totes wasn't even near caught up with the thread when I posted that. I'm staying thoroughly unexpectant on whatever this thing is possibly going to be. For me personally the only two things I'd care much about are X or ZeldaU(having seen the potential of mixing up in ALBW) but I daren't actually think I'll get those. If it's X I'll be popping a boner though, that's what I want the most off the Wii U despite knowing next to nothing about it - Xenoblade was good enough to do that to me.

Edited by Rummy

is it wrong i opened that listened to it, enjoyed it and thought it would be good on wiikareokie

Warioke is amazing

I'M A KARAOKE MACHINE. They should make a proper WarioWare game, that's what.

I would pick the Wii U today today (I already have). I'm waiting for games to come out on PS4 first.

Is this happening to anyone else with Miiverse screens on a laptop... I wanted to post a screen here that I added to my Miiverse, normally I'd right-click then select Copy Image Location and work away.

But noticed last night when right-clicking a screenshot in Miiverse now it doesn't give that option?

Instead I had to view the page source and find in the html the url for the image I wanted

There will be a Temporary Maintenance next week so the there might be a Wii U Update will be comeing then

From (approx.) Monday, 9 December 2013 17:00

to Tuesday, 10 December 2013 04:00.

Affected services:

Wii U

- Nintendo eShop

Nintendo 3DS

- Nintendo eShop

Wii

- Wii Shop Channel

Nintendo DS

- Nintendo DSi Shop

*Some of the affected services' features are not available during temporary